Galaxy S22 thread

PythonFanPA

I still show the 25th but I only preordered a Plus.  From what I've read elsewhere, the Ultras will probably go out soonest as you said above.  The only physical item that doesn't show the 25th is the 25W external battery (I added that as part of my $150 store credit as part of the promo along with a wireless charger and the leather LED view cover), and it shows March 8th.

2 hours ago, mdob07 said:

I've pre-ordered S22 ultras to replace both my T-Mobile and AT&T lines. I've had the tracking info for a week now and it's just been on label created status but today both have changed to in transit and both show delivery ETA of Monday. So if it holds true it looks like they may be shipping out early again! Original estimated delivery was Friday the 25th for both.

Same here!

2 hours ago, gr8nuguy said:

My delivery date changed from next week to April 8th

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, mdob07 said:

I've pre-ordered S22 ultras to replace both my T-Mobile and AT&T lines. I've had the tracking info for a week now and it's just been on label created status but today both have changed to in transit and both show delivery ETA of Monday. So if it holds true it looks like they may be shipping out early again! Original estimated delivery was Friday the 25th for both.

I've ordered one S22 Ultra to replace my S20 Ultra, Ordered on 2-10, on 2-13 got the tracking info with ETA of 2-21.  FINALLY on 2-18 it shows shipped.  One interesting thing is that it shows a package weight of 12.2 Lbs! It's shipping out of Louisville, nade several stops already, even though I live in the Louisville metro area.  I should see it Monday.  

As for the sim questions, we've recently switched a couple lines to Pixel 6's, both of them are on eSim, pretty simple process, just make sure you go online and request the eSim first!  Yeah, you actually need to read the directions!  LOL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Just received my phone, time to start transferring everything and getting it setup.

Same, mine delivered around 10:30 this morning. Can't wait to get home from work to start playing around with them. Luckily someone was home to get them so they didn't sit on my porch all day. 

• Like 1

I will curious to see if esim support improves with the s22 models. In many cases in the US esim is iPhone only. Also hoping it does not lock to your phone put rather can be moved amount your devices like a physical sim.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dkyeager said:

I will curious to see if esim support improves with the s22 models. In many cases in the US esim is iPhone only. Also hoping it does not lock to your phone put rather can be moved amount your devices like a physical sim.

Per /u/revik2 (a verified Sprint Corporate Employee) over on Reddit: 

eSIM activations are not supported for Samsung phones on the Sprint stack, just for select Pixels and iPhones. After your account is migrated to the T-Mobile billing system later down the line you would be able to activate that Samsung with a T-Mobile eSIM.

As for my opinions on the device so far. It seems like a solid incremental improvement over my Note20Ultra:

• The modem is clearly significantly better with my deivce showing a stronger signal and faster data speeds. These speeds get even a bit faster with n71/n41 aggregation . 

• WiFi6 performance is about 100Mbit faster (400-600 rather than 200-400).

• The display is notably snappier with QHD/120Hz

• I wasn't expecting much improvement on the camera but rather surprisingly, the new 100x zoom is actually really damn usable. 

• Edit: Another thing, the fingerprint reader is much much faster than on my old N20U. This is a HUGE improvent.

• Like 5

If anyone else got the Unlocked version of whichever tier, please state whether you were already on/using a TMo SIM on your prior phone or not?  I'm still not yet sure what I need to do...went into chat with another Sprint rep and they're claiming eSIM will work when elsewhere that's being stated on Reddit (I saw it before Pedro's post above) that's clearly not the case.  

I'm going ahead and asking them to send me a physical TMo SIM proactively regardless since I'm guessing the Sprint SIM from my S21 won't work....I already read also from the same corp employee referenced above that everything past 6/30/21 requires a TMo SIM to work.

1 hour ago, PythonFanPA said:

If anyone else got the Unlocked version of whichever tier, please state whether you were already on/using a TMo SIM on your prior phone or not?  I'm still not yet sure what I need to do...went into chat with another Sprint rep and they're claiming eSIM will work when elsewhere that's being stated on Reddit (I saw it before Pedro's post above) that's clearly not the case. 

I got unlocked version, still waiting shipment, but if no one else chimes in, I'll let you know

So I got both my phones setup tonight. Samsung smart switch makes this process so much easier than it used to be. I was able to get my T-Mobile phone setup on esim but I did have to use my old physical sim from my other phone to get my phone setup before it would let me do esim. After the initial setup though it was pretty easy and activated with a minute or so. I've been fully on T-Mobile for 2 years now so I can't speak to the Sprint side of things with setup. 

My S22 Ultra arrived yesterday.  I tried to reserve and eSIM, Sprint's activation site would not allow it.  The phone would not setup without a sim.  I transferred the SIM from my S20 Ultra, activated through the web site, all is well.  As mentioned above, Smart Switch is REALLY nice.  

First thoughts: Not much difference from the S20 Ultra. Everything seems a bit smoother/faster, but not in a big way. I will be out and about today and will be seeing how the radio performs, just sitting here at home it seems MUCH better. 

Received my Ultra yesterday and could not get the Sim Card to transfer over so I had to make a trip to Sprint/Tmobile this morning. 
Heads up, I got my Sim replaced with a Tmobile one back in September. 
Today they said they couldn't figure out why the sim would not transfer so they gave me a new one they claim they just received and is the most updated in regards to the new 5G network. 
On my way home I begin picking up the ‘5G UC’ signal for the 1st time.
I recommend going in to make sure you have the most up to date SIM.

Side Note: there was a lady in her late 60's being helped next to me. She wanted to upgrade to the S22. The rep was unable to process the order because he claimed the phone has not released yet (2/25) and then tried to recommend her to the Galaxy A71 or one of those recent variants talking about the phone is basically the same as the S22. I wanted to speak up and tell her to walk away and call telesales so bad but  like me she would have to still come back to the store anyway to activate the sim. She was also a Sprint/Tmobile customer smh

Edited by javon23

46 minutes ago, pokefan02 said:

I just received my S22 Ultra TMobile branded phone from Samsung. It came with an R15 sim card. Should I use it or the R15 from my S20 Ultra? 

If it came with a SIM, the system is probably already prepared for you to use that one.

Just now, floorguy said:

So have most  of you guys who got one.. Did you order straight through samsung, instead of Tmo????

I ordered mine directly from AT&T and T-Mobile. Received both yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

I ordered mine directly from AT&T and T-Mobile. Received both yesterday. 

I am looking online (mostly just to compare, already talked to the store, 10 lines on a business, makes some "bumps" at times lol)  and their ship out is now saying March into April.

I bought mine through Samsung yes.  And I'm guessing now (or hoping anyway) I'll get mine tomorrow instead, there's a line on the FedEx page which says "Per shipper instructions, package will not be delivered until the scheduled delivery date." - and in the 'Shipment Facts' tab on FedEx's website it shows "Standard Transit 2/23/22 before 8:00pm" even though FedEx also reflects an updated delivery date with today/22nd on it.

One issue I have noticed so far is that in SCP it always shows TA: 0. Hopefully that gets fixed in a future update. My s20 did not do this and since both my S22s do on both AT&T and T-Mobile I'm assuming it's a small bug in the S22 software. 

• Like 2