Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

I was planning on switching back to Sprint (Verizon customer currently) around September. Would I still be able to get a current sprint plan since the deal hasn’t closed and probably won’t until October? Also has there been any detail as to if T-Mobile will honor the Hulu, Tidal add-ones for the 3 year promise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was planning on switching back to Sprint (Verizon customer currently) around September. Would I still be able to get a current sprint plan since the deal hasn’t closed and probably won’t until October? Also has there been any detail as to if T-Mobile will honor the Hulu, Tidal add-ones for the 3 year promise?

As of now yeah. The trail could go all the way to December

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The sales of all of Sprint's MVNO business has me wondering if that includes their contracts with Ting, Tello, Redpocket, etc.

The New T-Mobile will need lots of capital, thus my guess is Shentel will be acquiring the T-Mobile sites and Shentel are customers. Possible Shentel terrifory could be trimmed, especially in Ohio. Shentel has most of WV and it is Sprint's best state per Root Metrics.

Swiftel is more like affiliates T-Mobile has acquired who are executing poorly.

I agree that 600MHz would be acquired for use.  Dish will also need more capital.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Nice! Would you mind sharing more details on what you did? Just curious to learn more.

One options contract allows you to control 100 shares of a "x" stock, option calls are for when you believe the price of the stock will go up, option puts are for when you believe the stock price will go down.  I do not trade options much but this was a easy give me free money that this merger was going to get approved.  Basically I purchased 300 option calls at a strike price of $8.50 to control 30,000 shares of Sprint.  These options as of yesterday were only $.03/ per option = $3.00x300 per contract for a total of $900.00.  When the merger was announced at 11:30AM and as Sprint's stock started moving towards $8.00 per share these option calls increased in value.   My $900.00 entry netted me  close to $8,000 within 24hrs.  

Easiest trade I have ever made in my trading career. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, JossMan said:

One options contract allows you to control 100 shares of a "x" stock, option calls are for when you believe the price of the stock will go up, option puts are for when you believe the stock price will go down.  I do not trade options much but this was a easy give me free money that this merger was going to get approved.  Basically I purchased 300 option calls at a strike price of $8.50 to control 30,000 shares of Sprint.  These options as of yesterday were only $.03/ per option = $3.00x300 per contract for a total of $900.00.  When the merger was announced at 11:30AM and as Sprint's stock started moving towards $8.00 per share these option calls increased in value.   My $900.00 entry netted me  close to $16,000 within 24hrs.  

Easiest trade I have ever made in my trading career. 

Wow! That’s incredible. Thanks for the explanation.

I’ve never done options before. This sounded like a good opportunity to do it.

I’m still a little unclear on what “strike price” means in this context though.

The money trail will flow, no worries. Lol 

If I got the pixel three XL and activated it on T-Mobile would that give me access to all the TMobile‘s LTE bands

11 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Yea options can net you big money during large mergers, or large cap earning season (Google was another money maker).   Its the only time I start targeting options, I mostly only trade small and midcap stocks that are not range bound.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RedSpark said:

The "strike price" is the price at which you can execute the option contract and actually buy the shares. 

Simple example. you buy an option contract to buy 100 shares @ $10 per share. The "strike price" is $10. Once the stock price reaches $10 per share you could exercise the option and purchase the underlying shares. Then keep the shares or turn around and sell them.

• Like 1

The "strike price" is the price at which you can execute the option contract and actually buy the shares. 
Simple example. you buy an option contract to buy 100 shares @ $10 per share. The "strike price" is $10. Once the stock price reaches $10 per share you could exercise the option and purchase the underlying shares. Then keep the shares or turn around and sell them.

How much is one share of Sprint?

3 hours ago, marioc21 said:

Thanks! That’s really helpful.

So it seems that the action point is the $10 amount. Can people wait for it to go substantially above $10? How long do people have on options?

4 hours ago, JossMan said:

Yea options can net you big money during large mergers, or large cap earning season (Google was another money maker).   Its the only time I start targeting options, I mostly only trade small and midcap stocks that are not range bound.  

Perhaps I’ll set a small amount of money aside to give this a try.

1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

Thanks! That’s really helpful.

So it seems that the action point is the $10 amount. Can people wait for it to go substantially above $10? How long do people have on options?

Yes, in my example the strike price is basically a floor. Once the share price is above that you could wait until the price hits $20 before you cashed in. Then you buy your shares at the option price of $10 and you would pocket the difference. 

The expiration date of option is something you'll decide on. You can buy options expiring 1 month from now or a year from now. Maybe more. They'll all have different strike prices. You'll have to decide whether the stock price will be above those values within the expiration dates you're looking at.

Now this is all for "call" options. Which means you're wanting to buy shares because the price will rise in the future. There's also "put" options if you want to sell shares because you think the stock will go down in the future. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, marioc21 said:

Yes, in my example the strike price is basically a floor. Once the share price is above that you could wait until the price hits $20 before you cashed in. Then you buy your shares at the option price of $10 and you would pocket the difference. 

The expiration date of option is something you'll decide on. You can buy options expiring 1 month from now or a year from now. Maybe more. They'll all have different strike prices. You'll have to decide whether the stock price will be above those values within the expiration dates you're looking at.

Now this is all for "call" options. Which means you're wanting to buy shares because the price will rise in the future. There's also "put" options if you want to sell shares because you think the stock will go down in the future. 

Time decay can be a pain though, this is why I stick mainly to stocks rather than options.    

OK, so what will it take for the states to drop their suit? Does the DOJ assert jurisdiction in court telling the judge they have absolutely no legal standing since it is the bailiwick of the feds? Or do they negotiate a payment to some fund to be used to defray to cost of cell service for the poor. Something to the tune of let's say $300M?

OK, so what will it take for the states to drop their suit? Does the DOJ assert jurisdiction in court telling the judge they have absolutely no legal standing since it is the bailiwick of the feds? Or do they negotiate a payment to some fund to be used to defray to cost of cell service for the poor. Something to the tune of let's say $300M?

I think this week when TMO meets with the state AGs in front of the judge.I think they will file to dismiss the lawsuit, based on them reaching the settlement with the DOJ and that settlement should be in compliance with what the state AGs argued about.

3 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

I think this week when TMO meets with the state AGs in front of the judge.I think they will file to dismiss the lawsuit, based on them reaching the settlement with the DOJ and that settlement should be in compliance with what the state AGs argued about.

I think that the DOJ should appear in court to bolster T-Mobile's case.

I have a feeling they will throw out the lawsuit. In my opinion it’s too little too late for this litigation.

• Like 1