Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

When I was there last I was still on boost so I only got vzw. However Tmobile and att are likely now for Sprint postpaid 
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Thats the issue prepaid always gets the shaft...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Thats the issue prepaid always gets the shaft...

Yeah I'm on postpaid now.

Yeah I'm on postpaid now.

I'm on T-Mobile prepaid but I'm playing to pay back the small amount a debt I owe them to go back on the postpaid but I'm no longer device financing

20 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

DOj doesn’t deal with concession it’s the FCC.. there is even a huge penalty to pay of some sort if the new tmo doesn’t apply by the terms reached.. If the reports are true and not put out by career people that are salty.. than the DOJ really just can’t accept the us going from 4 to 3 carries .. is that a strong enough case to hold up in court? Maybe not, but it will sure make sprint/tmo think about if they wanna spend more time on this in court or do they back out

Penalties for broken promises

So what happens if the New T-Mobile fails to deliver on any of the obligations outlined here? In their letter to the FCC, T-Mobile and Sprint say they'll agree to an "unprecedented" amount of verification and enforcement. "Failure to meet New T-Mobile obligations will trigger severe, increasing, and continuing voluntary contributions that will make failure prohibitively expensive and incentivize New T-Mobile to meet its commitments," the companies said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trump is not the typical administration, so past decorum may not apply.

T-Mobile, just like Coal companies and some other firms, may just view penalties as the cost of doing business, especially if they start losing customers and become less profitable or even unprofitable.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Well, I hope everyone has their coffee ready lol

Wow! 😮

Two thoughts:

Masa: Your move.

Michele: Looks like you’re sticking around as CEO.

• Like 2

Same thinking here :
Masa: what are you thinking at the moment ???

If the Merger fails, I think he will sell them off to some cable or Dish. However they are still confident it will pass.

• Like 2

If the Merger fails, I think he will sell them off to some cable or Dish. However they are still confident it will pass.

Ya, this is unprecedented and the doj will struggle to win in court, but the time this will take

1 hour ago, tyroned3222 said:

Same thinking here :
Masa: what are you thinking at the moment ???

Perhaps he’s looking at the calendar as the Merger deadline for Sprint/T-Mobile is July 29, 2019: https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/29/t-mobile-sprint-merger-deadline-delay/

Would they keep pushing this back?

Perhaps he’s looking at the calendar as the Merger deadline for Sprint/T-Mobile is July 29, 2019: https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/29/t-mobile-sprint-merger-deadline-delay/
Would they keep pushing this back?
They did do that however they have said both parties will likely approve or disapprove still the first week of June

Perhaps he’s looking at the calendar as the Merger deadline for Sprint/T-Mobile is July 29, 2019: https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/29/t-mobile-sprint-merger-deadline-delay/ Would they keep pushing this back?

Based on reports stocks are taking a hit. The pressure is now on Delrahim to announce how he feels ( thanks to the internet lol). He can overrule the staff, but if he agrees to sue.. the spotlight will be on t-mobile and sprint to see if they allow a definite delay until this matter can be resolved in court.

Allowing, Verizon and att to continue with their plans!! As everything comes to a halt with t-mobile and sprint other than their regular network plans

Att/Verizon stock have also taken a hit on this news today

14 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

They did do that however they have said both parties will likely approve or disapprove still the first week of June

If the merger isn’t consummated by the 7/29/2019 deadline, would T-Mobile be on the hook for the $600 Million Breakup Fee?: https://www.axios.com/t-mobile-could-owe-sprint-600-million-if-it-walks-away-647826e9-afc9-41e4-86bb-7d8dd8fafb5f.html

If the merger isn’t consummated by the 7/29/2019 deadline, would T-Mobile be on the hook for the $600 Million Breakup Fee?: https://www.axios.com/t-mobile-could-owe-sprint-600-million-if-it-walks-away-647826e9-afc9-41e4-86bb-7d8dd8fafb5f.html

No, the fee is only in Place If t-mobile backs out of the deal first..

3 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

So what’s the point of a “merger deadline”? Does it actually mean anything?

So what’s the point of a “merger deadline”? Does it actually mean anything?

Only the fcc has a shot clock deadline which they will meet .. the doj can take as long as they want they have no shot clock or deadline. This thing could do on for years if they sue

Really hope this doesn't get shot down, because that means I have to jump ship to Verizon.
Why VZW? Tmobile is doing good on LTE coverage and Sprint will likely end up with a cable company.

57 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Why VZW? Tmobile is doing good on LTE coverage and Sprint will likely end up with a cable company.

I haven't found T-Mobile's coverage to be great, especially out in the suburbs Sprint definitely has superior coverage overall imo. And why Verizon? because screw AT&T I've had them before but never again.

I haven't found T-Mobile's coverage to be great, especially out in the suburbs Sprint definitely has superior coverage overall imo. And why Verizon? because screw AT&T I've had them before but never again.
I'm all for not using att. The more people that leave the 5GE carrier the better. Was just asking why not TMO or Sprint?

1 hour ago, tyroned3222 said:

They don't owe the fee if Sprints credit rating is downgraded. 

They don't owe the fee if Sprints credit rating is downgraded. 

And I think that would happen if T-mobile backs out of the deal. I’m very positive that T-mobile has no intentions of doing so

1 minute ago, lilotimz said:

They don't owe the fee is Sprints credit is downgraded. 

I agree. Sprint would need to be perfectly run and likely growing customers, which is not happening. It is possible that all conditions are not publicly listed or very obtuse.  Not certain that T-Mobile would volutarily give the money even if the conditions are met. Plenty of gray area.

• Like 1

DOJ  Staff recommended blocking of the merger BEFORE concessions were announced Monday per Washington Post.

This is why I can't wait for this to be over.   So much hair-trigger rumors of doom and failure or success.

Rumor of DOJ suing to block T Mobile Sprint merger was premature, done before concessions were given to FCC earlier this week.

• Like 2