Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

Like what? Better not be spectrum. They need it all for 5G.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

One of the things I read was instead of 3 years for no price hikes, they want 7 years.

• Like 2

One of the things I read was instead of 3 years for no price hikes, they want 7 years.
That I agree with

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JThorson said:

I think that is totally unrealistic and completely bad!    That is a completely protectionist approach in a free market.  The market should drive prices not artificial price freezes.    Network Investment takes capital.    Terrible idea.    Government should stay out of setting prices. 

• Like 4

I think that is totally unrealistic and completely bad!    That is a completely protectionist approach in a free market.  The market should drive prices not artificial price freezes.    Network Investment takes capital.    Terrible idea.    Government should stay out of setting prices. 
If govt didn't control that a single line could cost 100 Bucks a month. I get it takes capital but I refuse to pay anything over 60 bucks a month. I live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford the plans other people pay.

The anti-trust could provision the new tmo to divest spectrum if they don’t live up to the target goals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

If govt didn't control that a single line could cost 100 Bucks a month. I get it takes capital but I refuse to pay anything over 60 bucks a month. I live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford the plans other people pay.

Where does the government "now" control our cell phone prices?    This is news to me?   Where do you come up with $100?   Kind of a "chicken little" sky is falling attitude...   

Edited by dro1984
  • Like 1

Where does the government "now" control our cell phone prices?    This is news to me?   Where do you come up with $100?    
Well VZW charges that

1 minute ago, Tengen31 said:

Well VZW charges that

...and the government Does not control that.   You can also go with Trac Phone for $30 or $40 a month.  

• Like 1

...and the government Does not control that.   You can also go with Trac Phone for $30 or $40 a month.  
Well right now I pay 29 dollars on Sprint and do those plans have high speed?8ab9fcedb17255235092e527f8068ab8.jpg

I think you are over reacting.    So we have 4 carriers now.... Verizon can charge what ever they want. Obviously 4 carriers/competition are not stopping Verizon from charging that.    Maybe you should write the FCC and Government to come down hard on Verizon for charging that much.  You prove nothing.

It's up to you, whether you want to pay that amount.    They are many other carriers/offers that are less than what you present as proof that have high speed.    Again.  It's "market driven".   

If the merger is approved and the "New T Mobile" gets its network set up, I'm sure they will offer true competition to Verizon, which they may not be able to right now.   Once they do, I'm sure those $95 / line prices will lower.   How do you grow and add customers if your product is the same and prices identical?   There is no incentive to be like "Dumb and Dumber" .

Edited by dro1984
  • Like 1

I have no clue what that means?

Every time something gets leaked to the media the stock prices take wild swings. Just alluding to how comical it all seems.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Every time something gets leaked to the media the stock prices take wild swings. Just alluding to how comical it all seems.

Off topic does your pixel 2 get VOLTE?

Off topic does your pixel 2 get VOLTE?

Sadly, it does not.

Well right now I pay 29 dollars on Sprint and do those plans have high speed?8ab9fcedb17255235092e527f8068ab8.jpg

Verizon charges that because two main reasons, not one of which is a government stance (to my knowledge)

1) network infrastructure upgrades
2) perception of coverage ;-)

39 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

85ed7854be0ab302635bf3f4623879e7.jpg
This is the Customer/ network integration plan.. been public for a while now for anyone that curious

Is this from a trusted source or is this somebody's musings?

Is this from a trusted source or is this somebody's musings?

It’s all on the the new tmo website

that T-Mobile is “applying the same philosophy” with the Sprint merger as it did when it acquired MetroPCS. “The playbook that we did with Metro, it wasn’t combining two networks. It was shutting one network down and extracting some assets (from) that network to enhance the T-Mobile network,” he said.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

It’s all on the the new tmo website

Where? Do you have a link? That looks like a post from a discussion forum. I went to newt mobile.com and all I can see is marketing fluff. Plus it would be a great mistake  to kick all Sprint customers off of B41 and on to mid bands. A much better approach would be to have dynamic sharing on 2.5GHz between 4g and 5G while encouraging people to buy phones that have both 5G and B71.

Edited by bigsnake49

Where? Do you have a link?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tmonews.com/2018/12/t-mobile-cfo-talks-plans-sprint-network-following-merger/amp/ 

So, say you’re city is up. They decommissions sprint network than you will be placed on tmo lte grid with a compatible device. The fastest way to add capacity to tmo grid is to integrate band 25/26.. Neville has stated at conferences that he plans to use all of band 41 for 5G and leave his current lte network as a fall back until its time to refarm

759723372547717188e90b502e6766c0.jpg

Also, 36 million still need to be migrated over to compatible devices.. good luck with that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tmonews.com/2018/12/t-mobile-cfo-talks-plans-sprint-network-following-merger/amp/

So, say you’re city is up. They decommissions sprint network than you will be placed on tmo lte grid with a compatible device. The fastest way to add capacity to tmo grid is to integrate band 25/26.. Neville has stated at conferences that he plans to use all of band 41 for 5G and leave his current lte network as a fall back until its time to refarm

That article does not have anything close to the technical detail that what you quoted before. Yeah eventually they will shut Sprin't network down and use B41 for 5G. I am looking for a time line from an authoritative source.

• Like 1

That article does not have anything close to the technical detail that what you quoted before. Yeah eventually they will shut Sprin't network down and use B41 for 5G. I am looking for a time line from an authoritative source.

Most of it was discussed at conferences the rest is pretty much just basic stuff.. tmo decommissions the sites you get a tmo sim and if you’re device is compatible than you will be on tmo network.. band 4/2/25/26/12/66/71 will be the LTE network.. band 41/band 71/mmWave will be the capacity/coverage for 5G as stated by Neville. The main priority will be the integration of customers as soon as possible

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Most of it was discussed at conferences the rest is pretty much just basic stuff.. tmo decommissions the sites you get a tmo sim and if you’re device is compatible than you will be on tmo network.. band 4/2/25/26/12/66/71 will be the LTE network.. band 41/band 71/mmWave will be the capacity/coverage for 5G as stated by Neville. The main priority will be the integration of customers as soon as possible

All those bands minus  band 41 cannot handle the influx of Sprint customers. T-mobile's network is already congested in some places. I am willing to bet that band 41 will be split between 4G and 5G at first with a static allocation and as the network is integrated and all the sites have to be visited they will probably implement DSS (dynamic spectrum sharing) between 4G and 5G.

All those bands minus  band 41 cannot handle the influx of Sprint customers. T-mobile's network is already congested in some places. I am willing to bet that band 41 will be split between 4G and 5G at first with a static allocation and as the network is integrated and all the sites have to be visited they will probably implement DSS (dynamic spectrum sharing) between 4G and 5G.

Correct, but that will all take time.. the fastest way to migrate customer is to move over and add sprints midband spectrum.. than focus on the the band 41 part of it.. some sites may not be able to handle all the weight( lot to factor in).. we have wooden sites now that can’t handle more than band 4 here