Official Magic Box discussion thread

lilotimz

1 hour ago, alphaalphagamma said:

MB not completing setup, is typically indicative of maintenance on the towers. give it a few days.

This is possible. Any trucks or action going on @ the tower?

4 hours ago, alphaalphagamma said:

MB not completing setup, is typically indicative of maintenance on the towers. give it a few days.

That is along the line of my thinking. It's been a LONG while since they've done anything @ the tower sites in my area.. I would be pleasantly surprised to see some upgrades happen here.. Hopefully the maintenance doesn't last long. I just can't see them having the donor frequency for magic box work fine for  over a year around here, then suddenly it just isn't there anymore. 

And as I mentioned, it's not just the tower that I connect to. It's the entire area... I've tried on all 3 towers that I am in reach of during my travels... Plus, I know it's not working on the tower in Shelby county that my cousin connects to with his magic box (because he msg'd me the same morning that my box quit working to say his had quit also)...

So, my usual tower (On Settlement Road) which has housed my magic box freq for over a year, the US280 tower in Childersburg, and the Shelby county tower we hit in Wilsonville...they are ALL not allowing magic box to complete setup. 

2 hours ago, though said:

This is possible. Any trucks or action going on @ the tower?

At this time, I can't get to any of the physical tower sites to look around..Been so busy with trying to learn Microtik SXT stuff..and trying to configure a home ISP option for myself to use since I'm fed-up with AT&T and their absolutely moronic pricing on 20 year-old DSL  -- plus overages after 150gb of data use...I just haven't had time to go stroll through the area and check. My first thought when I found that my boxes (3 of them) wouldn't work at all, and they've been working fine...is that Sprint is doing something in my area...now what might it be...is the question.

Haven't seen VoLTE around here yet...I'm headed to Centerpoint, Birmingham today so I'm thinking I"ll take my inverter and MB..just to see if it's the entire Bham area. I'm placing my bets on yes. I'll check for VOLTE also..

I am seeing some B41 now and then...

I noticed in Sylacauga when I was trying to use my inverter + magic box on Sunday that I could cycle airplane mode, and I'd hit B41...but the speeds were ATROCIOUS..like 2mbps down, 0.5mbps up...then, phone jumped to b25 2ca and speeds went immediately to 30mbps down, 17mbps up..

This was all within the same parking lot. So ...something is happening.. I hope that b41 stays hidden until it's WAY better than it is now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jonathanm1978 said:

Haven't seen VoLTE around here yet...I'm headed to Centerpoint, Birmingham today so I'm thinking I"ll take my inverter and MB..just to see if it's the entire Bham area. I'm placing my bets on yes. I'll check for VOLTE also..

I am seeing some B41 now and then...

I noticed in Sylacauga when I was trying to use my inverter + magic box on Sunday that I could cycle airplane mode, and I'd hit B41...but the speeds were ATROCIOUS..like 2mbps down, 0.5mbps up...then, phone jumped to b25 2ca and speeds went immediately to 30mbps down, 17mbps up..

This was all within the same parking lot. So ...something is happening.. I hope that b41 stays hidden until it's WAY better than it is now.

Good luck. Post your results...

Still awaiting a resolve on my issue that I've had. Justin told me that they are seeing my MB's on the network, but they just aren't broadcasting b41 for me to connect to. So the donor connection is fine...but the b41 broadcast isn't starting. 

I have a family member who is adamantly voicing (to me) how much he's beginning to become frustrated..because I referred him to Sprint 2 years ago, then helped him acquire a MB last year..now I'm getting the heat from him because his isn't working either.. And I don't know what to say to him. I am not quite as upset..if it works, it works. If not, then I'll wait. 

2 hours ago, jonathanm1978 said:

Still awaiting a resolve on my issue that I've had. Justin told me that they are seeing my MB's on the network, but they just aren't broadcasting b41 for me to connect to. So the donor connection is fine...but the b41 broadcast isn't starting. 

I have a family member who is adamantly voicing (to me) how much he's beginning to become frustrated..because I referred him to Sprint 2 years ago, then helped him acquire a MB last year..now I'm getting the heat from him because his isn't working either.. And I don't know what to say to him. I am not quite as upset..if it works, it works. If not, then I'll wait. 

Having a similar issue. I haven't been able to connect to MB since last week. It shows as connected to donor, but my phone just will not connect. I've reset both devices, and performed network settings update on my phone. Maybe it's time to request a MB-Gold upgrade

3 hours ago, cyclone said:

Having a similar issue. I haven't been able to connect to MB since last week. It shows as connected to donor, but my phone just will not connect. I've reset both devices, and performed network settings update on my phone. Maybe it's time to request a MB-Gold upgrade

What location are you in? 

4 hours ago, cyclone said:

This happens on the MB Gold version as well for me. I just have to reset the thing couple times and it does the trick.

1 hour ago, SeanK_ said:

This happens on the MB Gold version as well for me. I just have to reset the thing couple times and it does the trick.

For me, it's happening on the MB Gold, MB2, the Demo MB 2, and a family member's MB2... It's an across the board thing for us..not sure what they've changed, but it happened on March 2...when I got up that morning, it had dropped the B41 ..but was still connected to GPS and Relay.. Same for other versions.

20 hours ago, jonathanm1978 said:

What location are you in? 

I'm in San Antonio. I had intermittent connections yesterday and I'm currently connected. If it's happening with other people across multiple gen devices and affecting iOS and Android, I wonder if it's just a bad batch of software?

2 hours ago, bigsnake49 said:

I don't know what they did but I am getting 35-44Mbps out of my MB where as I was getting 5-10 before. Another carrier perhaps?

That would be great...but I think they have broken areas like mine where the boxes work just fine. I really hope there is a resolution soon..both my sons have already burned thru their roaming data on their lines... So it's really hurting them more than me.. 

Hi, wondering if by chance anyone has any information on the CDMA add-on module for the MB Gold that was first discussed in September 2018 (I believe)?  I don't need it for my situation, but I know others who would benefit from it. 

7 hours ago, Member21 said:
Hi, wondering if by chance anyone has any information on the CDMA add-on module for the MB Gold that was first discussed in September 2018 (I believe)?  I don't need it for my situation, but I know others who would benefit from it. 

They will not release it until Sprint and Airspan finalizes their alternative backhaul mode infrastructure and software.

This is because it requires usage of the MB Gen 3 ethernet port which is non working as of current software releases.

Likewise it is the same for the Airave 4 LTE.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Since all the saga began with all gens of MB doing the {GPS Lock, Donor/Relay Lock, B41 broadcast won't connect/broadcast} thing... there is still no word from the upper-level Sprint MB team on a resolve. My family member that lives 4-5 miles away DID however receive an email from Sprint on Thursday of this past week telling him that basically "we're sorry, the Magic Box is no longer going to work in your area"..

He called into Sprint to discuss this email, and was told that the tower that his magic box connects to (the donor site) has scheduled work that began in January 2019 and the expected completion date of this work is January 2020.  They told him that he could hold off for a couple of months on sending back the MB, and wait to see if the work is completed sooner, or he could check back in February of 2020 and try to get the MB again.  I, however, have not received that email, and I don't connect to the same tower that he does for my donor site. His donor site is in Shelby county, AL...just across the Coosa River. My donor site is 7 miles away on Settlement Rd, US Hwy 280.  Regardless, I don't understand what kind of site configuration Sprint has done to the towers that has caused the MB to not rebroadcast B41.

The last email conversation that I had with Justin Aldridge, he told me that he does see my demo acct MB online. So it's connected to the donor site, just isn't giving me the B41 carrier to attach my devices to.

• Like 1