The S4GRU AIO / BYOD Sim Compatibility Chart

lilotimz

I'll try and keep this as updated as possible as information becomes available. 

In PDF style: here

To purchase the Sprint 4-in-1 BYOD Sim Card Kit: https://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/accessory/ao_details.jsp?accSKU=121700244&accCatId=78300001&deviceIndependent=true

Contains: SIMOLW516TQ, SIMOLW506TQ, SIMOLW416Q, and SIMOLW506C

Maybe i'll find one time to do one for all of Sprints devices eventually... 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, jamesinclair said:

Very helpful. Also, very frustrating. I thought the thing about SIM cars was that they were universal?

Could you add the S8 Active?

I'll make a spreadsheet for non BYOD devices in time. 

Sims are sorta "universal" if you take into considering the BYOD ones. The great reason why Sprint has so many sim variants is they're developing the sim card module as they update their network and devices. They have little experience in that category so must constantly iterate  in order to take advantage of new technological developments on the handset and on the network side. We can see this move from USIMs to CSIMs and now ISIMs. 

S8 Active is..

CZ4114LWQ SIMOLW416Q 854798005125

• Like 4

6 hours ago, lilotimz said:

I'll make a spreadsheet for non BYOD devices in time. 

Sims are sorta "universal" if you take into considering the BYOD ones. The great reason why Sprint has so many sim variants is they're developing the sim card module as they update their network and devices. They have little experience in that category so must constantly iterate  in order to take advantage of new technological developments on the handset and on the network side. We can see this move from USIMs to CSIMs and now ISIMs. 

S8 Active is..

CZ4114LWQ SIMOLW416Q 854798005125

I'm kind of confused as to why the new SIMs aren't backwards compatible in that case. In China, with China Telecom, it was great. They're a CDMA/LTE carrier very much like Sprint, but it was one SIM for all devices, just like a GSM carrier. Their SIM cards (UICC I assume with CSIM app and... ISIM app? USIM app? I'm not sure) were even able to be used in a Sprint LG G5 I had with me - 3G/voice was EV-DO/1xRTT and LTE on Band 3/26. What makes it so hard for Sprint to do something similar, at least with all devices that don't use NV programming?

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, bill875 said:

@lilotimz, do you know what the SIM SIMOLW506TQ is used for?  According to https://bestcellular.com/product/simolw506tq/, it covers a wide range of phones for Sprint.

That's the ISIM BYOD Sim card. 

It supports the: 

Blue S1, HP Envy x2, Orbic Wonder, Samsung Galaxy S9, Samsung Galaxy S9+

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, comintel said:

I use the chart all the time, thanks.

Could you possibly update it with the sim needed for Note 9?

Thanks.

SIMOLW506TQ or SIMGLW406TQ.

Ill  do it when i'm back home next weekend.

• Like 1

Is there any way to see the whole table?  

Every time I try to look up something (which is all the time) there is only a tiny gap between the site overlays that allows me to see maybe one full line and it takes me about 10 minutes scrolling right and left and up and down to try to compare a couple of lines?

Probably I am overlooking some way.

23 hours ago, comintel said:

Is there any way to see the whole table?  

Every time I try to look up something (which is all the time) there is only a tiny gap between the site overlays that allows me to see maybe one full line and it takes me about 10 minutes scrolling right and left and up and down to try to compare a couple of lines?

Probably I am overlooking some way.

Thanks for improving the page layout so the table is now much more readable!

Edited by comintel
  • Like 1

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I've never really dabbled in cross-pollination device versions before myself at all to get up to speed on this:  what actually qualifies as 'BYOD'?   Does it have to be an explicitly unlocked version of a phone, or can you put the appropriate Sprint SIM into any carrier-origination version of the listed devices above and have it work?

On 3/12/2018 at 1:08 AM, lilotimz said:

I'll try and keep this as updated as possible as information becomes available. 

In PDF style: here

Maybe i'll find one time to do one for all of Sprints devices eventually... 

i have the pixel 3 xl and the 506TQ however i am being told that i need the 516TQ could me using the 506TQ cause high latency and loss of RCS?

On 10/19/2018 at 8:51 AM, PythonFanPA said:

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I've never really dabbled in cross-pollination device versions before myself at all to get up to speed on this:  what actually qualifies as 'BYOD'?   Does it have to be an explicitly unlocked version of a phone, or can you put the appropriate Sprint SIM into any carrier-origination version of the listed devices above and have it work?

BYOD meaning you purchased the device not directly from Sprint or a device that is not sold by Sprint but compatible with them such as Pixels and Moto devices. 

On 10/20/2018 at 8:20 PM, Mech8 said:

i have the pixel 3 xl and the 506TQ however i am being told that i need the 516TQ could me using the 506TQ cause high latency and loss of RCS?

These are the compatible sim cards. The 516TQ is not . 

Edit: typod. 516 TQ is compatible. 

36 minutes ago, Mech8 said:

I had to read your post a few times before I understood what you were asking. Some punctuation in there would help out a bit. I don't think the 51.... is going to work in your phone. (Ah Tim posted already).

18 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

BYOD meaning you purchased the device not directly from Sprint or a device that is not sold by Sprint but compatible with them such as Pixels and Moto devices. 

These are the compatible sim cards. The 516TQ is not compatible. 

Ok I read this first and chose my sim base on this list. I started having problems with high latency and not having RCS tho, people on Reddit were blaming my sim saying they had the 516 and that's the one I needed or I would get network issues. Just wanting to narrow my issue down tyvm.

Edited by Mech8

FWIW I have the 516TQ (white D in a gray circle) in my Pixel 3XL and it seems to work fine. Ting still lists it as being the right SIM for the Pixel 3/3XL too, so I have no idea why they removed it from the list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, comintel said:

Erratum in chart:

Galaxy Note 9 SE    SIMOLW416Q

is an error, I think (as you clarified earlier I believe)

Thanks for the great chart!

Nice catch! I'll fix that now. 

• 2 months later...