The S4GRU AIO / BYOD Sim Compatibility Chart

lilotimz

On 4/17/2020 at 1:31 PM, mikebruner said:

Found this thread hoping someone can assist. Just bought a Motorola G Stylus and trying to activate on Tello, which uses Sprint. I was advised by Tello to get SIMOLW516TQ *OR* SIMOLW416TQ.

I bought a Sprint BYOD 4-in-1 with a SIMOLW516TQ. But when I try to activate Tello is telling me the SIM is not compatible. It seems no one can tell me what SIM card this phone needs. 

A couple questions?: 

• What SIM do I need? 
  • Do I need a SIMOLW416TQ? They seem hard to come by online, at least when searching on that term. 
  • Looking at the "BYOD Sim Guide by lilotimz.pdf" spreadsheet, I'm confused how many line items with "SIMOLW516TQ" as the BYOD Part # also list "SIMOLW416TQ" as the Primary or Secondary part number. Are these SIM cards actually the same? 

Appreciate any insight!

I ordered a Moto G Power and would like to know this as well.  How do I get the proper sim card for this phone? I am using Sprint.

On 8/11/2020 at 1:16 AM, GadgetGeek said:

I ordered a Moto G Power and would like to know this as well.  How do I get the proper sim card for this phone? I am using Sprint.

Update: Sprint sold me a 4 in 1 sim kit and the SIMOLW516TQ card did work, so the reports online that it doesn't work are not always true.

On 8/12/2020 at 1:19 PM, GadgetGeek said:

Update: Sprint sold me a 4 in 1 sim kit and the SIMOLW516TQ card did work, so the reports online that it doesn't work are not always true.

Does VoLTE work on your device?  Is IMS status registered properly? Does it show up on your account as Moto G8 Power "Sophia" - Open Market? I Successfully activated with both SIMOLW416TQ and SIMGLW416TQ.  I am missing advanced LTE features, dialer codes, and profile/PRL update menus in the settings.  I see APN settings where the voLTE switch normally resides in the menus.  LTE, Voice, and tmobile streaming all work normally.

41 minutes ago, alexjzim said:

Does VoLTE work on your device?  Is IMS status registered properly? Does it show up on your account as Moto G8 Power "Sophia" - Open Market? I Successfully activated with both SIMOLW416TQ and SIMGLW416TQ.  I am missing advanced LTE features, dialer codes, and profile/PRL update menus in the settings.  I see APN settings where the voLTE switch normally resides in the menus.  LTE, Voice, and tmobile streaming all work normally.

VoLTE and Wifi Calling both work. Wifi calling does not ask for an E911 address or add a feature to my account like it does for iPhone.  I don't know if that is expected for an unlocked unbranded Android.

IMS is registered as shown in the about sim status screen of the phone and it does show up as Moto G8 Power "Sophia" - Open Market on the Sprint Website.

Update Profile and Update PRL are in the System Update section of the phone they both work for me.

Settings -> Network and Internet - > Mobile Network, has the VoLTE and Wifi calling options.

The only thing that is a little weird is roaming on T-Mobile is showing up as roaming and I need to have the data roaming enabled.  My iPhone will roam on T-Mobile silently with no roaming indicators.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 5:39 PM, GadgetGeek said:

VoLTE and Wifi Calling both work. Wifi calling does not ask for an E911 address or add a feature to my account like it does for iPhone.  I don't know if that is expected for an unlocked unbranded Android.

IMS is registered as shown in the about sim status screen of the phone and it does show up as Moto G8 Power "Sophia" - Open Market on the Sprint Website.

Update Profile and Update PRL are in the System Update section of the phone they both work for me.

Settings -> Network and Internet - > Mobile Network, has the VoLTE and Wifi calling options.

The only thing that is a little weird is roaming on T-Mobile is showing up as roaming and I need to have the data roaming enabled.  My iPhone will roam on T-Mobile silently with no roaming indicators.

Thanks for that.  I picked one up from best buy today, and now have working VoLTE and PRL and Profile updates via the settings.  The first unit I had with the issues was from Project Fi.  Perhaps a flash would have solved it, but I return/rebought in case there was an IMEI whitelist, or something like that.  

Best Buy activated it with a new SIMGLW416TQ.

Edited by alexjzim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...