Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Sa-weet! 800 is already making its first appearance in CO. Had my first voice call over 800 a few days ago at ORD. Didn't really think there was much difference with quality of the call, but I certainly did have better reception in what used to be marginal signal areas. 

How can you tell you were talking over 800?

• Like 1

Signal Check Pro app. You can set it up to alert you when you connect to LTE or an 800 tower. 

Thanks, just purchased.

I think I'm as excited about the 800 SMR switchover as I am about LTE. I live in a big gap in voice coverage, even roaming coverage sucks. Hoping that 800 will snake it's way around the terrain a little better and give me a few bars of service at home.

I believe they get the service got free

kinda hard to read there buddy, but yes, they do get the service for free, they just have to pay full price for the phones.

source - A friend of mine works at the Sprint Call Center up in centennial. 

Oh that's good news, our company is about to be bought by Sprint (clearwire)

I wonder what they do for the 3 other lines I have with them?

The people I know that work for Sprint get a 25% employee discount, but no free lines...   ?

It seems as though another tower has gone live. It is in Brighton off of Bridge St. & N 42nd Ave. :)

Yep. Shows up in the sponsors maps quite nicely. 

• Like 2

The people I know that work for Sprint get a 25% employee discount, but no free lines...   ?

That doesn't make sense, are they directly employed by Sprint?

So are employees supposed to get a free line and 25% off additional lines? What about wifi hotspots?

Nope, I've never heard of that 25% off additional lines. Are these corporate/retail employees?

Retail, I guess. Work in the Sprint stores in KC.

Nope, that's not the standard employee plan though. Perhaps they work for an authorized dealer?

Sensorly shows "4g" coverage in castle rock... is this true not wimax but 4g which I assume is LTE

Sensorly's map for Sprint 4G shows LTE only. They have a seperate map for WIMAX labled WIMAX.