Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

I am getting 4G right now Downtown at 17 & Broadway.  

Oh hell YES! Glad I live in the Denver MEGAPLEX and not Colorado Springs. It's amazing how one guy can keep pushing back LTE rollout down there by weeks, one week at a time. Maybe one of these days I'll go through this thread and count the number of weeks he's single-handedly delayed it for the rest of COS. :)

Edit: Not seeing any sensorly LTE hits in downtown. Upload that mess. NOW!!! :)

• Like 2

Oh hell YES! Glad I live in the Denver MEGAPLEX and not Colorado Springs. It's amazing how one guy can keep pushing back LTE rollout down there by weeks, one week at a time. Maybe one of these days I'll go through this thread and count the number of weeks he's single-handedly delayed it for the rest of COS. :)

Edit: Not seeing any sensorly LTE hits in downtown. Upload that mess. NOW!!! :)

I have been mapping trips on sensorly like crazy and never get a 4g hit!

Unfortunately I haven't seen 4G light up again on my phone since those five minutes this morning, but the phone kept trying to reconnect all day long.  Do we know of any confirmed sites under construction downtown?

You. Are. Killing Me!

Nothing confirmed through S4GRU. I did see work being done on a tower just south of I-70 on Colorado a few days ago, so look for that one to potentially light up soon (hopefully).

• Like 1

I have been mapping trips on sensorly like crazy and never get a 4g hit!

Unfortunately I haven't seen 4G light up again on my phone since those five minutes this morning, but the phone kept trying to reconnect all day long.  Do we know of any confirmed sites under construction downtown?

Be careful about mapping all the time with Sensorly. Unless you've checked to upload over WiFi only, Sensorly maintains an active data session almost constantly, meaning your phone has little to no chance to scan for LTE. This could cause you to miss pockets of LTE.

Its better to run SignalCheck Pro or LTE Discovery, which will ping when you've connected to LTE, and then open Sensorly.

• Like 1

Be careful about mapping all the time with Sensorly. Unless you've checked to upload over WiFi only, Sensorly maintains an active data session almost constantly, meaning your phone has little to no chance to scan for LTE. This could cause you to miss pockets of LTE.

Its better to run SignalCheck Pro or LTE Discovery, which will ping when you've connected to LTE, and then open Sensorly.

Good advice, will do

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

i was in castle rock a few days ago and i have the htc one and it worked just fine!! just waiting for lte in colorado springs have they started work here in the springs yet??

Really?

doublefacepalm.jpg

• Like 3

You. Are. Killing Me!

Nothing confirmed through S4GRU. I did see work being done on a tower just south of I-70 on Colorado a few days ago, so look for that one to potentially light up soon (hopefully).

lol, it's killing me too!  I sit in my office all day and think about how cool 4g would be and I never pick it up!  Then out of nowhere, 4G on my phone!  I was stoked!  And then it went away, not to return for the rest of the day.

Alright, so I got a few more hits today.  UNFORTUNATELY, Sensorly won't map this, I assume because I am in a building and it doesn't recognize me moving around, even when I get close to a window.  I tried to get outside to have gps notice that I was moving around, but I have to go down 18 floors in an elevator, during which time I understandably lost all connections.

I ran a speed test, it was nothing wonderful in the grand scheme of things, but when compared to what I usually get in my building it was phenomenal.  My average 3G Down/Up/ping are about .15/.075/350 (Mbps), the 4G was .91/.35/115 (Mbps).  I forgot to get a screen shot because I was too interested in trying to map with Sensorly.

Even though Sensorly wouldn't map, I was able to get coordinates on three separate LTE pings and using itouchmap.com was able to map them.  They are actually NOT in the building I work in, but very close.  

Something very interesting I noted, based on the time that I posted yesterday it would appear that I got the LTE hit at almost the exact same time of day.  My post was officially uploaded to S4GRU at 9:33 AM yesterday, that was a few minutes after I noticed my phone was on 4G.  You will see in my SS of LTE discovery that my first 4G hit downtown today (ignore the first two coordinates, the last three are downtown) happened at 9:24 am.  Maybe they are turning it on for a few moments each day for some testing prior to going live?  I don't know, but this is making things even more exciting for us Denver folks and a little less exciting for the guy in CoSprings.

This is a link to the images I have as of the moment.  I will add more images if I can get them including Sensorly maps/Speedtests and additional screenies of LTE Discovery as they come.

https://app.box.com/s/69kqulyg8z26v82pdmlf

Edited by xiutehcuhtli

Alright, so I got a few more hits today.  UNFORTUNATELY, Sensorly won't map this, I assume because I am in a building and it doesn't recognize me moving around, even when I get close to a window.  I tried to get outside to have gps notice that I was moving around, but I have to go down 18 floors in an elevator, during which time I understandably lost all connections.

I ran a speed test, it was nothing wonderful in the grand scheme of things, but when compared to what I usually get in my building it was phenomenal.  My average 3G Down/Up/ping are about .15/.075/350 (Mbps), the 4G was .91/.35/115 (Mbps).  I forgot to get a screen shot because I was too interested in trying to map with Sensorly.

Have you checked out this app to see your LTE signal strength?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3060-signalcheck-android-app-to-monitor-your-2g3g4g-lte-signal-strengths/?hl=%20signal%20%20check

• Like 1

I will check it out, but inside my building signal strength will be absolutely horrid.  I will download it and run it if I get another hit today or any other day.

Edited by xiutehcuhtli

IS there such a thing as a 4G Airrave? Are you near a Sprint store? Wonder if this is really a tower being built or something else?

Also, Sensorly is now showing small hits at I70 and Monaco, and Peoria north of Colfax. There's nothing on the tower maps showing any 4G or construction. Perhaps they have really pushed the Denver build into high gear.

IS there such a thing as a 4G Airrave? Are you near a Sprint store? Wonder if this is really a tower being built or something else?

Also, Sensorly is now showing small hits at I70 and Monaco, and Peoria north of Colfax. There's nothing on the tower maps showing any 4G or construction. Perhaps they have really pushed the Denver build into high gear.

I am near a Sprint store, but I would think much too far for this to be an Airrave, I don't know if Airrave has 4G ability.  They are on 16th and Tremont at ground level, I am at 17th and Broadway, 18 stories up.  I also doubt that it's an Airrave since it has popped up at the exact same time of day, two days straight.  

The explanation for the lat/long coordinates not being in my building has more to do with my gps lock when I am inside.  I can NEVER get an accurate lock inside my buildling.  Frequently on Google Maps and similar apps it puts me 6-10 blocks away from where I actually am.  Once I get outside, all is well, but the building greatly affects my reported position. 

There are no 4G Airraves, and there never will be. It's called WiFi.

The explanation for the lat/long coordinates not being in my building has more to do with my gps lock when I am inside.  I can NEVER get an accurate lock inside my buildling.  Frequently on Google Maps and similar apps it puts me 6-10 blocks away from where I actually am.  Once I get outside, all is well, but the building greatly affects my reported position. 

That could explain why Sensorly was not working. If you don't get a good GPS lock, it won't map. 

• Like 1

There are no 4G Airraves, and there never will be. It's called WiFi.

However, there are some Sprint stores with repeaters. Don't know if any Denver metro Sprint stores would have LTE repeaters.

However, there are some Sprint stores with repeaters. Don't know if any Denver metro Sprint stores would have LTE repeaters.

This is true, though I don't know of many that have LTE repeaters. I haven't come across any in KC or here in Springfield.

Don't they have a testing SID that they use? Are you on a custom PRL?

I don't know about the SID, but I am not on a custom PRL.  I update through System Updates every other month or so.

The test SID is for 1x 800 only. It will not affect LTE. 

One more hit at 3:05.  So fast I could barely get anything open before I lost the signal.

Is it possible that this is reaching me from whatever tower is returning the Colfax and Peoria hit on Sensorly?  That would be covering a pretty significant distance if that tower were AT Colfax and Peoria, but I'm on the east side of the building and and it's basically all open on that side of the building from the floor that I'm on.

I'm thinking you're just getting a very weak signal from a tower, be it through the opposite side of the building, or distant in the general direction you're looking out toward. When I have a very weak LTE signal, my phone tends to behave this way, switching from LTE to 3G almost as soon as it connects to LTE. If you install Signal Check Pro, that will give you an idea of the strength and quality of your LTE signal and would be beneficial to know.