Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Platteville is east of Longmont. From looking at the sensorly maps I suspect that the 4G hits in Platteville may be from the tower on I-25 that went live a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty flat out there so a tall tower might reach that far. 

You guys really should donate a couple dollars and get members access... I can't say anything due to the rules.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

You guys really should donate a couple dollars and get members access... I can't say anything due to the rules.

which guys ?

which guys ?

Anyone who suspects there is a new LTE tower. Lol

Everyone should donate. You get access to a lot of other information. I didn't know until I donated how much time and effort goes in to this site.

Agreed. I'll just say that the secret members only maps show several more LTE sites in Colorado than there were 2 days ago.  :)

Ok you talked me into it :)

• Like 2

Just picked up 4G LTE in Castle Rock.  For those of you that know the area, it seems to be limited to Meadows Blvd South/East of I-25.  if you head West toward The Meadows neighborhood, it switches back to 3G.  I assume they are just testing it, or maybe this is part of the upgrades that are coming. 

Sometimes you have to switch in to Airplane mode, then back in to normal mode. Since the LTE area is so scattered. Your in and out of the area before the phone has a chance to switch over. I have to do that on Bromely and I76. I know their is 4G there so I eat my lunch in the parking lot of the courthouse.

Another suggestion might be to get a phone that doesn't have a known issue with poor LTE reception. I don't know if the HTC's have it, but the Samsung's have a file that logs what 3G tower you are connected to when it gets an LTE hit. It seems to reference this file and when you are connected to that tower again, it scans for LTE with a much shorter scan interval. I know I had to force my S3 to find LTE via airplane mode the first time when I was on Pena, now it finds it consistently at the same spot with no intervention.

Another suggestion might be to get a phone that doesn't have a known issue with poor LTE reception. I don't know if the HTC's have it, but the Samsung's have a file that logs what 3G tower you are connected to when it gets an LTE hit. It seems to reference this file and when you are connected to that tower again, it scans for LTE with a much shorter scan interval. I know I had to force my S3 to find LTE via airplane mode the first time when I was on Pena, now it finds it consistently at the same spot with no intervention.

The ONE is actually very good at grabbing an LTE signal even in places it's never had a signal before. When I took it tower hunting in Missouri a few weeks ago, it had grabbed the LTE signal before I even thought to cycle airplane mode.

Sent from my HTC ONE

I missed that he had the One. The Evo 4G LTE is notorious for being a poor LTE performer.

I had the EVO LTE as well, never had much to complain about with it either. But then again, I was in the Kansas city market.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Sa-weet! 800 is already making its first appearance in CO. Had my first voice call over 800 a few days ago at ORD. Didn't really think there was much difference with quality of the call, but I certainly did have better reception in what used to be marginal signal areas.