Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Sensorly shows "4g" coverage in castle rock... is this true not wimax but 4g which I assume is LTE

I got about 5 miles of LTE on I-25 through Castle Rock. Unfortunately, it was pretty slow, topping out at about 3.5 Mbps. 

Here is a speed test from the Brighton tower. Not incredible but certainly better than it was on 3g only. I lost the connection toward the end, but it was definitely 4g for any doubters. Posted Image

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Actually, second test got over 11mb. Still not as fast as we see on other LTE networks but a massive improvement over our currently miserable 3g.

post-14054-0-07184300-1373122677_thumb.png

You hit it right on the head, not as fast, but so much better. I can't think of why I would need faster speeds. I've had coverage at my house for over a month and I'm very satisfied.

You hit it right on the head, not as fast, but so much better. I can't think of why I would need faster speeds. I've had coverage at my house for over a month and I'm very satisfied.Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

True but I'm greedy. Lol.

• Like 1

All these speedtests are useless without the LTE signal strengths to go with it.

I know that bars don't tell the whole story, but you can see on the speedtest that got about 4Mb that he was sitting on about 2 bars, while the 11 Mb speedtest had full bars. Would those signal strength bars still be showing 1xRTT, or are we getting voice over LTE on these towers?

All these speedtests are useless without the LTE signal strengths to go with it.

I know that bars don't tell the whole story, but you can see on the speedtest that got about 4Mb that he was sitting on about 2 bars, while the 11 Mb speedtest had full bars. Would those signal strength bars still be showing 1xRTT, or are we getting voice over LTE on these towers?

Bars don't tell any of the LTE story. That's all your 1x connection.

Unless you are using a VoIP app then there is no VoLTE... Thankfully.

• Like 1

Here is the rest of the detail from my 11.8 mb test this morning. Not sure this says anymore than is already known but thought I'd post it in case.

Screenshot_2013-07-06-12-46-07.png

About two weeks back, I ran a speed test while on Pena going over Tower. Got just shy of 40 down and 12 up. Started the test with about -80 signal strength and it finished in the mid 90's. Not too shabby for a moving target a mile plus from the site.

Can't see that this is "useless"

Sure there is more information behind every story, we are simply showing real world results. You won't always find yourself right next to the tower, so we are taking our time to gather SOME data and provide it to the community. I realize this is not a huge contribution, but at least it's something.

I for one, have provided several speed tests on this thread and feel that they give folks something to look forward to.

Can't see that this is "useless"

Sure there is more information behind every story, we are simply showing real world results. You won't always find yourself right next to the tower, so we are taking our time to gather SOME data and provide it to the community. I realize this is not a huge contribution, but at least it's something.

I for one, have provided several speed tests on this thread and feel that they give folks something to look forward to.

If I gave you the quarter mile times by a professional cyclist on a bike and by someone on a jet turbine bike but yet I didn't tell you what they were from that would all be kind of pointless.

• Like 1

Some of us care about speed tests, some don't. If you don't like it, ignore it. And to read the 1st amendment while you're at it. ;)

S4GRU editorial policy discourages the posting of needless speed tests, which use up substantial network capacity.

Also, S4GRU is a privately held web site. You are not necessarily entitled to unfettered First Amendment rights here. S4GRU may restrict your speech and expression as it sees fit.

AJ

Some of us care about speed tests, some don't. If you don't like it, ignore it.

And to read the 1st amendment while you're at it. ;)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Do individuals have First Amendment rights on others’ private property?

Generally no. The Bill of Rights provides protection for individual liberty from actions by government officials. This is called the state-action doctrine. Private property is not government-owned. Restrictions on individuals’ free-speech rights on private property do not involve state action.

However, a few states have interpreted their own state constitutions to provide even greater free-speech protection than the federal Constitution offers. For example, the New Jersey Supreme Court has ruled that individuals have free-speech rights at privately owned shopping malls. Most state supreme courts that have examined the issue have disagreed. In April 2002, the Iowa Supreme Court refused to extend its definition of public property to include large, privately owned shopping malls.

The quoted. 

• Like 1

But you aren't the owner. The owner doesn't seem to have a problem with us exercising our 1st amendment.

Both members who have responded to you are moderators. The staff (including Robert) is responsible for enforcing rules and maintaining order, and that occasionally entails restricting free speech. In fact, such an situation occurred earlier today.

AJ

I am the Site Owner. I definitely back up our moderators, if there is any doubt.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Both members who have responded to you are moderators. The staff (including Robert) is responsible for enforcing rules and maintaining order, and that occasionally entails restricting free speech. In fact, such an situation occurred earlier today.

AJ

Sorry, for some reason, I didn't see your post when I posted mine about the first amendment and I fully respect the rights of private property owners. I'm also in Tapatalk, so I didn't know they were mods, my apologies.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1