Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Another tower is live off of highway 85 & weld county road 14 in Ft. Lupton.

I'm telling ya, drop a couple bucks and become a sponsor. You can see where all the towers are that are accepted as soon as Robert gets the acceptance reports entered in, which has been quite steady lately. This tower is in fact showing up on the completed map for sponsors. You can donate as much or as little as you like and it gives you access to better info and helps keep the site alive. 

• Like 4

Is it true, unless they fully turn it on, 4G will be on and off here in Castle Rock for testing?

Maybe, maybe not. Some sites are turned on and that's it, they're on. Others may have fine tuning to do. If the tower has been accepted, though, I would not expect much if any cycling off and on. 

I'm telling ya, drop a couple bucks and become a sponsor. You can see where all the towers are that are accepted as soon as Robert gets the acceptance reports entered in, which has been quite steady lately. This tower is in fact showing up on the completed map for sponsors. You can donate as much or as little as you like and it gives you access to better info and helps keep the site alive. 

I'm betting that sponsors have WAY better information available to them than most Sprint employees have. Is there any info on any of the forums about how this data is acquired and compiled, or is it like Fight Club (What's the first rule of Fight Club?) I only ask because I am quite impressed by the info available on the maps.

• Like 1

I'm betting that sponsors have WAY better information available to them than most Sprint employees have. Is there any info on any of the forums about how this data is acquired and compiled, or is it like Fight Club (What's the first rule of Fight Club?) I only ask because I am quite impressed by the info available on the maps.

S4gru PRISM

• Like 2

I predict that Douglas County is going to start seeing LTE in the next month or 2. A couple reasons for this claim, I asked Sprint on twitter when 80126 would see LTE and they said in a few weeks. I've asked other times in the past and never gotten a time frame so it is definitely closer. Also, I've been checking the Douglas county website for permits and it seems like Sprint just got over a hurdle. Douglas County has a planning services approval process you go through before getting building permits but they just closed a bunch of those presubmitals (they require a review before the application) with a note that the changes count as maintenance and don't need the planning process. This should fast track a lot of the permits.

I predict that Douglas County is going to start seeing LTE in the next month or 2. A couple reasons for this claim, I asked Sprint on twitter when 80126 would see LTE and they said in a few weeks. I've asked other times in the past and never gotten a time frame so it is definitely closer. Also, I've been checking the Douglas county website for permits and it seems like Sprint just got over a hurdle. Douglas County has a planning services approval process you go through before getting building permits but they just closed a bunch of those presubmitals (they require a review before the application) with a note that the changes count as maintenance and don't need the planning process. This should fast track a lot of the permits.

castle rock just got 4g like 3 days ago

1st rule.

Otherwise it'd be the end of S4GRU.

• Like 2

Wonder if another tower is getting active, I got lte by I-70 and Quebec

To borrow from someone else's signature line "Sensorly or it didn't happen". Just sayin. :-)

What does the Softbank/Clearwire acquire mean for the Denver Market?

nothing immediately. Network vision 1.0 I.e. 1900 lte 800 voice, etc, has already been planned and will most likely not be affected at all by the mergers. It could, however, affect long term in ways we don't know yet.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sitting at Santiago's in Northglenn and I was getting crappy data service so I switched Airplane mode on then off. The little 4G lights up on my Galaxy S3! I did Sensorly it so it did happen.

Sitting at Santiago's in Northglenn and I was getting crappy data service so I switched Airplane mode on then off. The little 4G lights up on my Galaxy S3! I did Sensorly it so it did happen.

Awesome, I live close to this so I'll make a drive by as well.

You should look at the maps. You were pretty close to a new 4G tower.

Sorry if this should go elsewhere, new here. I've been patiently waiting for LTE to launch in the area before upgrading. The wimax on my phone was murder to my battery so I've not been using it. Turned it on today to run a speed test and was shocked. The last time time I'd run a test sitting in my living room, in Littleton, my speeds had been decent. Now its under 1mbps. I was just wondering if anyone else waiting to upgrade has noticed their wimax speeds decrease significantly?

Sorry if this should go elsewhere, new here. I've been patiently waiting for LTE to launch in the area before upgrading. The wimax on my phone was murder to my battery so I've not been using it. Turned it on today to run a speed test and was shocked. The last time time I'd run a test sitting in my living room, in Littleton, my speeds had been decent. Now its under 1mbps. I was just wondering if anyone else waiting to upgrade has noticed their wimax speeds decrease significantly?

Yep. it went to crap last month and went back to normal a day or two ago.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Looks like I'm in luck it was the tower next to my house that they upgraded. I did a drive around the area with Sensorly running to get some data online. Does anybody know how ofter they update the map?

Looks like I'm in luck it was the tower next to my house that they upgraded. I did a drive around the area with Sensorly running to get some data online. Does anybody know how ofter they update the map?

I dont know but it's updated now

I think the maps are just about instant.

For the web, you usually starting seeing it within 15 minutes on certain zoom levels, assuming of course your computer is able to flush out the cache. On the Android app, I've seen it come across at near real time levels. 

For the web, you usually starting seeing it within 15 minutes on certain zoom levels, assuming of course your computer is able to flush out the cache. On the Android app, I've seen it come across at near real time levels. 

That's pretty fast, I just ran it while I was on my bike ride, so there should be some more showing up.