Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

So is sprint using microwave signal to some of the towers?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Yep, I've seen one in Fort Collins that uses a microwave signal.  Also, I got LTE in old town Fort Collins today.

Under 3 minutes? 116ms isn't that bad. Though it's usually under 100ms, that particular site may be fed by microwave.

Yeah not bad. Not microwave I saw them drag the fiber in there. Not fine tuned yet I'm guessing. This was a hard launch, no testing 123 stuff so far.

That is a good question. I don't have the answer to that. I'm sure Google would have something to say though. :ninja:

I had Sprint high speed internet in the 90s it went from south of Boulder to Berthoud. The signal was barely changed by blizzards and heavy rain. So I'd say, not really. Just bad pings/latency.

I had Sprint high speed internet in the 90s it went from south of Boulder to Berthoud. The signal was barely changed by blizzards and heavy rain. So I'd say, not really. Just bad pings/latency.

I wonder if that signal was microwave tho

do microwave signal gets affected by weather?

A properly engineered microwave path should be extremely resistant to rain/snow fade. Likely it would take a 100 year storm to affect it, and it would be just at few moments when the worst of the storm is directly in the path. If it does fade the signal would just drop off a cliff, it wouldn't be a gradual slow down....Edit. Actually, the error rate in the data path would climb when the signal gets close to it's threshold until whatever error correction is in use couldn't cope any more and the receiver just gives up and mutes. Much like what happens when OTA HDTV is at the limits of its coverage area.

• Like 2

Anyone hear anything on the status in Durango? Curious as to where the closest tower is located to take a look on the work being done. Merlin had once said late spring, so of course anxious to see some LTE.

Anyone hear anything on the status in Durango? Curious as to where the closest tower is located to take a look on the work being done. Merlin had once said late spring, so of course anxious to see some LTE.

No time estimate on LTE. Unfortunately, we're waiting on one of the few things Sprint doesn't have control over. Backhaul to the site. They put in an order to the local ISP for high speed internet, and then have to wait until it happens. 

Also, many of the things Merlin said were flat out wrong. That is why he isn't here anymore. 

I think Durango is a CenturyLink backhaul market. That's typically not good news.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Sorry, I don't really know where that is. Do you know what band of LTE you were getting before?

DTC area is around the cities of Greenwood Village and Centennial. I too have not been able to connect to band 41 forcing LTE. Lately data has been sketchy, it will switch between 1X and eHRPD. I just attributed this to towers in the area being worked on. Haven't seen any crews though.

• Like 1

Anybody think the Denver Metro area will meet the "June" launch month for LTE as stated a few months back by a Sprint Representative?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, the way they're moving I don't see it happening [emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]

Anybody think the Denver Metro area will meet the "June" launch month for LTE as stated a few months back by a Sprint Representative?

It's possible still this summer, but June looks pretty unlikely at this point.

I don't understand why they felt the need to announce it for the Denver Post then. I was confident once I read that.

Construction dates always slip. And there's no telling if the person quoted was even knowledgeable enough to make such a statement, or was just trying to make people happy like some of the CSR people you get on the phone.