Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

y4e8y6ad.jpg

Hehe. I might use some data too^_^:o

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

wish I still had the screenshot from May 2012. I used 50 GB that month on WiMax. I worked a lot of Saturdays where I had nothing to do but watch Netflix.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

B41 is already up. Not long at all. I'll take B41 any day!

It hardly has complete coverage. And it barely extends into the suburbs. Many locations you can't even connect due to eCSFB issues.

LTE has a long way to go.

Sent from my Nexus 5

It hardly has complete coverage. And it barely extends into the suburbs. Many locations you can't even connect due to eCSFB issues.

LTE has a long way to go.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Oh i see.

Now that NV conversions are nearly complete in the Denver area (just the Boulder and West Greenwood clusters remaining), Triband device holders should start seeing a much better LTE experience as eCSFB starts going live. B41 will become more and more prevalent inside the perimeter and B25 fire ups will continue every few days as backhaul starts to get completed and fired up.

From here forward, every week or two it should be noticeably better and better around Denver.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 6

Now that NV conversions are nearly complete in the Denver area (just the Boulder and West Greenwood clusters remaining), Triband device holders should start seeing a much better LTE experience as eCSFB starts going live. B41 will become more and more prevalent inside the perimeter and B25 fire ups will continue every few days as backhaul starts to get completed and fired up.

From here forward, every week or two it should be noticeably better and better around Denver.

Thank you kind sir!

• Like 1

Long time lurker! I saw this in the Denver Post and wanted to make you all aware: http://blogs.denverpost.com/techknowbytes/2014/06/30/sprint-4g-lte-denver-end-june-happening-sprint-mum-plans/13826/

"In March, Sprint’s general manager for Colorado told The Denver Post that the carrier would launch its long-delayed, high-speed 4G LTE network in Denver by the end of June.

That’s not happening. And it’s unclear when the official rollout will come. "

Long time lurker! I saw this in the Denver Post and wanted to make you all aware: http://blogs.denverpost.com/techknowbytes/2014/06/30/sprint-4g-lte-denver-end-june-happening-sprint-mum-plans/13826/

"In March, Sprint’s general manager for Colorado told The Denver Post that the carrier would launch its long-delayed, high-speed 4G LTE network in Denver by the end of June.

That’s not happening. And it’s unclear when the official rollout will come. "

Yeah, they already announced the June launch cities. And Denver did not make the cut. They may launch in July or August. However, they did complete all the equipment installs in the Denver metro area (excluding DIA and the Boulder cluster). So the LTE equipment is there now at almost every site.

The ones where backhaul was ready, they have fired up LTE. About 1/3 of the city so far. So they are waiting on backhaul on the remaining 2/3. Once they get to the point where 40% are fired up, they will launch.

People with a Triband device will get LTE coverage now over 50% of the metro area. But they will not formally launch the market until uniband device holders have at least 40% coverage.

• Like 4

Moving forward from this on a national scale. Does Sprint stop selling uniband devices and only sell triband or do they stick with a mix for cost effective units for the customer?

I'm due for an upgrade now. I want a triband device with an extsd slot and removable battery. I've been reading up but wondered if any of you could weigh in. Especially any rootrd users. I want a highly developed handset thats easy to manage and root. Has to have extsd and removable battery or its a deal buster.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Moving forward from this on a national scale. Does Sprint stop selling uniband devices and only sell triband or do they stick with a mix for cost effective units for the customer?

I'm due for an upgrade now. I want a triband device with an extsd slot and removable battery. I've been reading up but wondered if any of you could weigh in. Especially any rootrd users. I want a highly developed handset thats easy to manage and root. Has to have extsd and removable battery or its a deal buster.

Basically the best Samsung you can afford would be best.

GS4, GS5, Note 3, Note 4.

Sprint is phasing out Uniband LTE devices.  All new releases since the end of 2013 are Triband only.  Other than SVLTE, it is better to be Triband.  Especially given that the Colorado market actively has all three bands available right now in many places.

Robert

• Like 2