Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

The only place I've gotten my G2 to hold an LTE signal is out in Golden. The real drag is that I'm on the other side of Green Mountain so the signal doesn't reach.

drive up to thornton and northglenn you will be connected to lte with no problem and will stay connected for awhile. 

I love it.

I love it. I have connected to the 119th and grant tower from federal several times. I was like wow I'm connected to this this far? Awesome. Decent speeds too.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Just got LTE at I-25 & 58th. I only had time to get a signal check screen shot.

Uploaded a picture to my drive folder.

Edit: I've been on LTE from union station to Broadway. Very weak signal but its usable. I tried mapping in sensorly but it wasn't registering any points of any data type. At any rate, after 5 days of EV-DO downtown this is very welcome.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just got LTE at I-25 & 58th. I only had time to get a signal check screen shot.

Uploaded a picture to my drive folder.

That's probably from the tower by I-76 and Washington but if it's a new one that's nice

That's probably from the tower by I-76 and Washington but if it's a new one that's nice

Perhaps. I've never connected to it before there. And I take that route on the bus literally every day.

• Like 1

My friend received an interesting email from Denver B Cycle today (the for-rent bikes around downtown) stating that due to upgrades to Sprints cell network to expect disruptions to their service at certain stations throughout downtown until Thursday.

Interesting for three reasons.

1 - obviously due to the fact that I was connected to LTE all day today. Band 25

2 - Thursday is the rumored release date of Android 4.4.3 which will supposedly give Sprint customers access to Spark on the Nexus 5.

3 - several of the locations they have said will experience disruptions of service do not initially appear to be near the known Sprint towers in the members section. I have yet to cross reference these lists and will not be able to until later this evening. Is it possible that Sprint may be adding more towers or repeaters to strengthen signal in downtown?

My friend received an interesting email from Denver B Cycle today (the for-rent bikes around downtown) stating that due to upgrades to Sprints cell network to expect disruptions to their service at certain stations throughout downtown until Thursday.

Interesting for three reasons.

1 - obviously due to the fact that I was connected to LTE all day today. Band 25

2 - Thursday is the rumored release date of Android 4.4.3 which will supposedly give Sprint customers access to Spark on the Nexus 5.

3 - several of the locations they have said will experience disruptions of service do not initially appear to be near the known Sprint towers in the members section. I have yet to cross reference these lists and will not be able to until later this evening. Is it possible that Sprint may be adding more towers or repeaters to strengthen signal in downtown?

If they use Sprint for their services, it doesn't matter where the towers are, just like your phone would have issues if you were connecting to towers during upgrades no matter what your proximity to said towers is. 

Check the N5 thread, the rumoured update is just that, a rumour. Nothing is likely this week.

If they use Sprint for their services, it doesn't matter where the towers are, just like your phone would have issues if you were connecting to towers during upgrades no matter what your proximity to said towers is.

Check the N5 thread, the rumoured update is just that, a rumour. Nothing is likely this week.

It's not a notice of disruption to any type of cellular service. It's a notice of disruption to the service they provide, which is walking up to the rent-a-bike racks and getting a bicycle due to crews doing work.

It's not a notice of disruption to any type of cellular service. It's a notice of disruption to the service they provide, which is walking up to the rent-a-bike racks and getting a bicycle due to crews doing work.

They actually say it's because of crews? 

Here is the email-

Due to a city-wide performance upgrade to Sprint's cellular network, we are still experiencing some system disruptions at select downtown stations, causing some B-cycle stations to go offline intermittently. If you need a B-cycle, but find the station's kiosk is "temporarily unavailable" or is rebooting, the best thing to do is wait a few minutes until the station comes back online. We are finding wait times are generally three to four minutes. Sprint estimates that the upgrade should be complete on Thursday. 

We are learning the stations most affected by service disruption are:
12th & Sherman
13th & Pearl
14th & Elati
15th & Cleveland
15550 Glenarm
16th & Sherman
16th & Broadway
17th & Pearl
Denver Public Library
Webb Building

Also last friday I got a text from sprint linking to this page-

http://sprint.us/www/2014/network-towers/?v=2&ECID=MA:SMS:US:20140318:NTV:B2C:TT:vnty:networkupdate5

I thought this was just standard sprint boilerplate but maybe something is actually about to happen.

Here is the email-

http://sprint.us/www/2014/network-towers/?v=2&ECID=MA:SMS:US:20140318:NTV:B2C:TT:vnty:networkupdate5

I thought this was just standard sprint boilerplate but maybe something is actually about to happen.

That doesn't look like I was right. Sounds like their system relies on the Sprint network.

False alarm everyone!

I picked up LTE for the first time at 28th and Walnut, then all through my drive home to 38th and Osage. Speeds aren't great, really not that much different from the 3g I was pulling before, 100ms ping, 1mbps down, 1mbps up. Got better late at night, 60ms ping, 5mbps down, 6mbps up.

• Like 2

I picked up LTE for the first time at 28th and Walnut, then all through my drive home to 38th and Osage. Speeds aren't great, really not that much different from the 3g I was pulling before, 100ms ping, 1mbps down, 1mbps up. Got better late at night, 60ms ping, 5mbps down, 6mbps up.

Remember. Until the sites are LTE accepted and people are evenly dispersed onto different towers, everyone within range is trying to connect to that site. Huge burden. It'll improve when more sites are accepted. Your 3g speeds are better than most I see here in Orlando LOL!

Been lurking here for a while, so I wanted to share some info I got from the Sprint call center ( I know the reliability is shaky). 

I work on 17th and broadway, and haven't had data service this week so I called to see what was up.  They told me that the tower I usually connect to is down for upgrade maintenance until 6/1, they also gave me a $20 credit. 

Been lurking here for a while, so I wanted to share some info I got from the Sprint call center ( I know the reliability is shaky). 

I work on 17th and broadway, and haven't had data service this week so I called to see what was up.  They told me that the tower I usually connect to is down for upgrade maintenance until 6/1, they also gave me a $20 credit. 

I believe that sprint reps now have a tool that lets them check the 5 towers you connect to most. So, they're probably not lying and there is a ticket on the site that you are connecting to at work. 

Here is the email-

All just towers downtown were switched over to the new equipment yesterday, that's likely the source of your problems. Also likely why B Cycle was having issues. Probably rely on Sprint for data. Things should settle down in the next couple of days, then crews will be onto the next cluster to launch.

• Like 1

I am presuming you know this but Sprint lighted up 3 or 4 sites downtown 4glte today. So you should see it in the next 2 or 3 days.. Congrats!

Hi I'm new to this website and got the iPhone 5 when it first came out and have been stuck with the slow 3G ever since, my contract will be up in September and was wondering if it be good to stick with sprint or go back with AT&T? I live in Arvada and haven't been able to pick up lte at my house yet but would it be better once we get spark if we are getting it here in denver?

Hi I'm new to this website and got the iPhone 5 when it first came out and have been stuck with the slow 3G ever since, my contract will be up in September and was wondering if it be good to stick with sprint or go back with AT&T? I live in Arvada and haven't been able to pick up lte at my house yet but would it be better once we get spark if we are getting it here in denve

It's hard to know your exact situatioin but by September the Sprint build out in the area should be mostly done. Your phone won't get spark, but you should have LTE. I'd say stick it out until September and see if things improve to your satisfaction.

My renewal is in July and I am basing my decision on how much things improve.

edit: Just to be clear, from everything I've read Sprint is building the most advanced network in the area and it's designed with room to grow. i totally expect to be pleasantly surprised by the coverage once the system is built out. But I've had my heart broken by Sprint a few times (remember WiMax?)...(remember the Q Phone? ) and I hope this time they make it work.

Hi I'm new to this website and got the iPhone 5 when it first came out and have been stuck with the slow 3G ever since, my contract will be up in September and was wondering if it be good to stick with sprint or go back with AT&T? I live in Arvada and haven't been able to pick up lte at my house yet but would it be better once we get spark if we are getting it here in denver?

Your device won't benefit from Spark since it can only use Band 25.

Band 41 (Spark) is already live all over Denver.

I know its nice to see, but you really don't need LTE at your house unless you don't have WiFi.

Aravda has some LTE, but not a lot. More towers should come online soon. Near 20 sites went live in and around downtown this past week.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1