Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Roaming on Cricket 1xRTT and Sprint is showing 20+ hits for being out from foco to pueblo in the last few hours. Is this just an outage? Thoughts feelings opinions?

Roaming on Cricket 1xRTT and Sprint is showing 20+ hits for being out from foco to pueblo in the last few hours. Is this just an outage? Thoughts feelings opinions?

How were you able to see if your were roaming on cricket, and not Verizon ?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Signal Check app probably. It tells you who you are connected to.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ah okay, so it's specific only to android. Makes sense.

I wouldn't think that's something that would be limited to one OS or another. The info should come from the site you're connected to, no kind of info needs to be pulled from the phone, which would then cripple the Apple version of the app. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how Signal Check determines the carrier you're connected to.

I wouldn't think that's something that would be limited to one OS or another. The info should come from the site you're connected to, no kind of info needs to be pulled from the phone, which would then cripple the Apple version of the app. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how Signal Check determines the carrier you're connected to.

It would be limited because is the OS. Signal check is not available in the iOS App Store. Sensorly is limited on iOS as well, due to the OS closing off certain API's needed. So that's why, if he was using signal check... It makes sense. While I prefer iOS, it has it's faults compared to android.

Signal Check Lite

• Like 1

It would be limited because is the OS. Signal check is not available in the iOS App Store. Sensorly is limited on iOS as well, due to the OS closing off certain API's needed. So that's why, if he was using signal check... It makes sense. While I prefer iOS, it has it's faults compared to android.

Apple doesn't allow access to the information needed to determine what network you are on. Signal Check would not work at all on an iOS device. You can go into the engineering screen yourself and look at the numbers, but unless you have the network identifies memorized, there's no easy way to determine what network you are on.

• Like 2

My phone has been on 4g LTE at home in Aurora (Chambers and Mississippi) for the past 6 weeks or so, but the download speeds are still 3g-like, at around 0.3 mbps.  I'm disappointed at the moment.  I get on avg -120db reception for that band.  My question is, as more 4g sites come on line for Sprint, will my connection and dl speeds increase?  I thought the Denver metro area would all be up on 4g by now.  I did try my dl speeds at Parker and I-225 and got much better 4g speeds of 5-6 mbps.  Ive seen no change to my speeds on DU campus, and along the S Platte.  

My phone has been on 4g LTE at home in Aurora (Chambers and Mississippi) for the past 6 weeks or so, but the download speeds are still 3g-like, at around 0.3 mbps.  I'm disappointed at the moment.  I get on avg -120db reception for that band.  My question is, as more 4g sites come on line for Sprint, will my connection and dl speeds increase?  I thought the Denver metro area would all be up on 4g by now.  I did try my dl speeds at Parker and I-225 and got much better 4g speeds of 5-6 mbps.  Ive seen no change to my speeds on DU campus, and along the S Platte.  

There's only one or two sites live in that area, they are handling many more users than they are designed to. That's what's pulling the speeds down. Once more sites go live, speeds will even out and become more usable. 

Also, if you upgrade to a tri-band (Spark) device, you'll have access to the Band 41 LTE network which is live across Denver and supports speeds of 30-70Mbps. 

• Like 1

Impressive, all the way from I-70 and Golden rd.

Seems extremely far away.

On a separate note, I forced LTE at work and stayed on Band 41 almost all day downtown.  That is the first time I have been able to do that.

• Like 2

There's only one or two sites live in that area, they are handling many more users than they are designed to. That's what's pulling the speeds down. Once more sites go live, speeds will even out and become more usable. 

Also, if you upgrade to a tri-band (Spark) device, you'll have access to the Band 41 LTE network which is live across Denver and supports speeds of 30-70Mbps. 

If you upgrade to a tri band spark device you will have to force 4 glte until all of our sites in Denver are 3 glte accepted. It's an easy thing to do. Just wanted you to know..

If you upgrade to a tri band spark device you will have to force 4 glte until all of our sites in Denver are 3 glte accepted. It's an easy thing to do. Just wanted you to know..

What's 3 glte?   :frantic:

What's 3 glte? :frantic:

Other than the awesome typo, I believe what Santa is trying to say is that in order for a Spark device (tri-band) to function correctly and take advantage of all available bands a few things have to happen:

-CSFB issues need to be resolved via software on towers in the area. This typically happens after a tower has been NV accepted. There's a great article on the wall from back in November about this.

-Band 41 or 26 have to also be available and live in the area otherwise only Band 25 LTE will be available to the handset assuming LTE services have launched.

• Like 1

If CSFB is all that's needed for B41 to connect, then how come in areas where CSFB and B25 have rolled out, my G2 still steadfastly refuses to connect to B41,despite it being enabled? The main place I notice this is off of Wads and US36- there's a B25 and CSFB site right next to an active B41 one that my Nexus 5 on the .17 radio had no problem connecting to while in LTE/CDMA mode, whereas the G2 just acts as if it isn't there, even when it scans B41 channels.

What's going on there?