Sprint VoLTE Discussion Thread Redux

12 minutes ago, dnwk said:

Looks like VoLTE is no where to be found in the entire state of Washington. Any ideas?

Not coming until late summer at the earliest.

Most of Washington state lacks a mature 800 deployment due to IBEZ issues that were only resolved a little over a year ago. This is a non-starter for VoLTE.

The Puget Sound area is >2/3 800 complete. VoLTE should launch here first and then spread throughout the state. 

This is my home market so if you have more detailed questions, feel free to DM me. 

4 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Not coming until late summer at the earliest.

Most of Washington state lacks a mature 800 deployment due to IBEZ issues that were only resolved a little over a year ago. This is a non-starter for VoLTE.

The Puget Sound area is >2/3 800 complete. VoLTE should launch here first and then spread throughout the state. 

This is my home market so if you have more detailed questions, feel free to DM me. 

I am in South Eastern Washington. We have Band 26 for couple years now. But I guess we are tied to Spokane MSC and you'll have to turn on VoLTE in the entire MSC, right? If there are portion of MSC that don't have Band 26 ready, they can't turn it on. Am I right?

1 hour ago, dnwk said:

I am in South Eastern Washington. We have Band 26 for couple years now. But I guess we are tied to Spokane MSC and you'll have to turn on VoLTE in the entire MSC, right? If there are portion of MSC that don't have Band 26 ready, they can't turn it on. Am I right?

Yes. The whole Inland Northwest market will turn on at once. 800 will need to be live throughout Spokane, along I-90, 385, I-82, etc.

Any update for Oregon/SW Washington market? We seem to have all the right ingredients for Volte including band 26, 15x15 band 25, fully deployed band 41 yet no Volte..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Any update for Oregon/SW Washington market? We seem to have all the right ingredients for Volte including band 26, 15x15 band 25, fully deployed band 41 yet no Volte..

That area likely has it, while the S9,S9+and Note9 have yet to get support for it. I live in a Volte market yet my S9+can't use it

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Any timeline for the Jacksonville market? 
I'm 100% sure that area has VOLTE

Negative. I live in Gainesville and there is no VoLTE. If I go down to Orlando then it works. 
What phone do you have?

7 hours ago, superbluepsd said:

VoLTE is live in the Oregon/SW Washington market. You must have a device issue. 

VoLTE is live in the Oregon/SW Washington market. You must have a device issue. 

I already answered his question. He is using a Galaxy S9+ which doesn't have VOLTE support. Don't know if it even will.  

I already answered his question. He is using a Galaxy S9+ which doesn't have VOLTE support. Don't know if it even will.  Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Yes Galaxy S9+. Just waiting on Volte update i guess.

I see a thread on Reddit claiming that Sprint operates VoLTE calls on Band 41.

Can anyone confirm?

Or does VoLTE already natively work on any Sprint band? I was under the impression that VoLTE was reserved for Band 26 ... looking for information, I guess.

Can anyone confirm?
Or does VoLTE already natively work on any Sprint band? I was under the impression that VoLTE was reserved for Band 26 ... looking for information, I guess.
VOLTE is on all bands 25,26,41.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, DurhamHusker said:

Can anyone confirm?

VoLTE works on all three bands and likely B13 for our PR/VI folks as well. 

• Like 2

Can anyone confirm?

Works on all bands. I did a technical write-up on what it is and how it differs from wifi calling and calling+ https://s4gru.com/entry/439-sprints-casting-call-of-voice-over-actors-an-in-depth-analysis-of-volte-calling-and-vowifi/

There's no reason to restrict it to a single band. It would actually make it more complicated. If it were only on a single band, then VoLTE devices would always have to be on that band to make/receive calls and texts, or they would just wouldn't go through.

You can think of VoLTE sort of as like Sprint assigning the phone two IP addresses. One is for VoLTE and texts only, and the other is for everything else. There's more to it than that, but that's a quick tl;dr.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Noticed I had the option to turn on VoLTE on my Pixel 3XL today while I was at work in Providence, turned it on (and Wifi off), but could not surf the web at the same time.  Waited til I got home to Franklin, MA tried again and was able to make calls with wifi off and VoLTE enabled and surf the web...  Looks like it is going live in the Boston/Providence market...

Geoff

Noticed I had the option to turn on VoLTE on my Pixel 3XL today while I was at work in Providence, turned it on (and Wifi off), but could not surf the web at the same time.  Waited til I got home to Franklin, MA tried again and was able to make calls with wifi off and VoLTE enabled and surf the web...  Looks like it is going live in the Boston/Providence market...
Geoff

I think the plan is cover the whole network footprint with volte this year. Hopefully that will allow PCS cdma shutdown to allow higher B25 in more areas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geoff
The option showed up on your 3 XL without the Magisk module to force VoLTE? In other words, you're not rooted?

4 hours ago, gzub said:

Geoff

7 minutes ago, ingenium said:

The option showed up on your 3 XL without the Magisk module to force VoLTE? In other words, you're not rooted?

Pixel 3/3XL/3a/3aXL are all VoLTE-capable on Sprint. 

• Like 1

The option just showed up, I am on Q Beta 3, but not rooted.  I am using eSIM.  When I go to the Radio info page it shows the VoLTE provisioned toggle on the enabled section as well...

Screenshot_20190514-121652.pngScreenshot_20190515-050132.png

• Like 1

Pixel 3/3XL/3a/3aXL are all VoLTE-capable on Sprint. 
Yeah I know. But they haven't turned it on. Like the S9. The toggle hasn't been there. Same with the 3a. The only way to do it has been to use a root module to force it.
The option just showed up, I am on Q Beta 3, but not rooted.  I am using eSIM.  When I go to the Radio info page it shows the VoLTE provisioned toggle on the enabled section as well...
Screenshot_20190514-121652.thumb.png.d09497d3167e1a2a3b49221fc3078c19.pngScreenshot_20190515-050132.thumb.png.603d1e82b7db2d0b3ed3c10027795731.png
Nice! I'm wondering how they enabled it. It wasn't enabled with the May OTA.

2 hours ago, ingenium said:

Yeah I know. But they haven't turned it on. Like the S9. The toggle hasn't been there. Same with the 3a. The only way to do it has been to use a root module to force it.

These were the next devices planned for VoLTE launch on Sprint.