Google Nexus 5X by LG (codename "Bullhead")

PythonFanPA

They are corporate stores but are not fully stocked. Chat with international chat and say you need a sim cars for a moto x PE and they'll send you a csim 4ff v5 straight away no BS.

Sent from my LG-H790

Yes, maybe I am just a glutton for punishment but wanted to see what the stores would do.  I can understand if they arent fully stocked but are we to believe that they only get 1 SIM card in for each phone that comes into stock versus just a box of them?

Yes, maybe I am just a glutton for punishment but wanted to see what the stores would do. I can understand if they arent fully stocked but are we to believe that they only get 1 SIM card in for each phone that comes into stock versus just a box of them?

It's a hit or miss if they get spares from what I understand. You need to head to a full sprint store with a repair center to guarantee them having spares.

Sent from my LG-H790

They are corporate stores but are not fully stocked. Chat with international chat and say you need a sim cars for a moto x PE and they'll send you a csim 4ff v5 straight away no BS.

Sent from my LG-H790

Not all Sprint Shacks are corporate.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Makes you wonder how a Sprint store which sells Sprint devices does not have SIM cards.  I am probably mistaken but i thought the new Radioshack Sprint stores were essentially corporate stores, is this not true?

Think about it.  Why would they need loose SIM cards?  Devices sold in Sprint branded packages already have SIM cards inside, not just kitted but installed.

AJ

• Like 1

Think about it.  Why would they need loose SIM cards?  Devices sold in Sprint branded packages already have SIM cards inside, not just kitted but installed.

AJ

That definitely applies to new Sprint phones.  Used Sprint phones (e.g. those bought from eBay), sometimes (usually?) don't have them.

With a no subsidy cell service model, the used cell phone market may become more popular.

Edited by always_learner

It's a hit or miss if they get spares from what I understand. You need to head to a full sprint store with a repair center to guarantee them having spares.

Sent from my LG-H790

No full sprint stores around here.  All I have is third party owned stores that have repairs centers and this is who i got my Nexus 5 SIM from 2 years back.  Oh well.

That definitely applies to new Sprint phones.  Used Sprint phones (e.g. those bought from eBay), sometimes (usually?) don't have them.

With a no subsidy cell service model, the used cell phone market may become more popular.

That potentially applies to the future, not the present.

I know why loose SIM cards can be handy.  Those situations for at least 90 percent of customers, however, are rare.

AJ

And I hope it indeed does. Sprint will get better. Heck, they already are better in this regard. At least now there is a means to get a device whitelisted.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

• Like 3

That potentially applies to the future, not the present.

I know why loose SIM cards can be handy.  Those situations for at least 90 percent of customers, however, are rare.

AJ

I agree.

In the future, hopefully it will be just as easy as buying any Sprint 'branded' device and going into a store to activate it.

No hassles, no contracts

I agree.

In the future, hopefully it will be just as easy as buying any Sprint 'branded' device and going into a store to activate it.

No hassles, no contracts

The way Apple has pushed through to the 4FF nano SIM and, seemingly, soon to be the "virtual" SIM, I doubt that any store visit will be necessary in the coming years.  Physical SIM cards may go away.  Select your provider and plan on the device.

AJ

• Like 2

Told chat I needed a SIM for my new MOto X Pure Edition.  She asked the amount of "gigabits" it was so I said 32 gigs.  Seems she sent me a "SIMCARD LTEGSM 4FF USIM REMOV"  Bummer.

Told chat I needed a SIM for my new MOto X Pure Edition. She asked the amount of "gigabits" it was so I said 32 gigs. Seems she sent me a "SIMCARD LTEGSM 4FF USIM REMOV" Bummer.

Time to hit them up again!

Sent from my LG-H790

now they are sending "SIMCARD LTEGSM 4FF CSIM REMOV2" guess we will see.

Lmao. First time I asked them for the V5 one, and they said I had to wait until the Nexus 5X was closer to release. So I went back in and asked them for a sim for an HTC One M9 and they sent me the 4FF v5 one.

Sent from my M8

Guys, why fight city hall?  If you have a Best Buy Mobile within 10 miles, go there.  Pay the $10 freight and get your SIM card.  Easy.  I am not going to listen to any complaining.  You will have to go through me.  Or you can take your business elsewhere.  Perhaps to T-Mobile, which can charge you $15 per SIM card.

AJ

• Like 1

Lmao. First time I asked them for the V5 one, and they said I had to wait until the Nexus 5X was closer to release. So I went back in and asked them for a sim for an HTC One M9 and they sent me to 4FF v5 one.

Sent from my M8

Crap...SIMCARD LTEGSM 4FF USIM REMOV2 wont work? i totally missed the V2.

Crap...SIMCARD LTEGSM 4FF USIM REMOV2 wont work? i totally missed the V2.

Probably the same sim for the Moto X Pure. I think if you give them the product number, they'll send it to you. Let me grab it real quick for ya.

Edit: Try the item number here.

Sent from my M8

9fd098d4a26f0d0ca57e14918501c3cd.jpg

I doubt that any store visit will be necessary in the coming years. Physical SIM cards may go away. Select your provider and plan on the device.

AJ

Bring it. I can't wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Bring it. I can't wait.

Apple loves you.  Go worship at the altar of iOS.  Prepare to lose or sacrifice any old iOS devices.  But for your faith, God will reward you -- just as in the Book of Job, the Book of Steve Job.

;)

AJ

Apple loves you. Go worship at the altar of iOS. Prepare to lose or sacrifice any old iOS devices. But for your faith, God will reward you -- just as in the Book of Job, the Book of Steve Job.

;)

AJ

Meh...I prefer android phones. I do enjoy using my iPad tho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Meh...I prefer android phones. I do enjoy using my iPad tho.

Hey, I have an iPad, too.  I use it only as a remote for my A/V system.  All play, no work.

AJ