Google Nexus 5X by LG (codename "Bullhead")

PythonFanPA

Just wanted to chime in on a few of these Sprint costs/fees issues, from my personal perspective:

I think charging $10 as a convenience fee to get a SIM quicker is fine, in the context of the fact that other, free options exist. However, what I think is important is to be consistent within the same distribution channel. Meaning, if there is not supposed to be a charge at corporate stores then there shouldn't be any which do charge, or if authorized sellers can charge one then there should be a consistent amount charged in that channel.

With respect to activation fees on newly purchased devices... I believe some of the other carriers do this too so in that context I think it's okay. I just wish the charge would be a lot more evident on the front end, not buried in the last page of an order. This would make it easier to compare these charges between the different carriers

As for SERO... As long as Sprint itself is cool with it I don't see why anyone else should have a problem with it. Sprint is under no legal obligation to maintain these contracts under their current terms past their renewal dates. They could easily inform customers that upon the end of their contract different terms will apply. They kind of did that before when they went from original SERO to SERO-P and it's also somewhat like how Big Red just upped the price of old unlimited data plans by $20/month. However, Sprint is choosing not to do this and as long as they don't then I see no problems with folks continuing to use SERO.

Edited by GoWireless
  • Like 4

Just wanted to chime in on a few of these Sprint costs/fees issues, from my personal perspective:

I think charging $10 as a convenience fee to get a SIM quicker is fine, in the context of the fact that other, free options exist. However, what I think is important is to be consistent within the same distribution channel. Meaning, if there is not supposed to be a charge at corporate stores then there shouldn't be any which do charge, or if authorized sellers can charge one then there should be a consistent amount charged in that channel.

With respect to activation fees on newly purchased devices... I believe some of the other carriers do this too so in that context I think it's okay. I just wish the charge would be a lot more evident on the front end, not buried in the last page of an order. This would make it easier to compare these charges between the different carriers

As for SERO... As long as Sprint itself is cool with it I don't see why anyone else should have a problem with it. Sprint is under no legal obligation to maintain these contracts under their current terms past their renewal dates. They could easily inform customers that upon the end of their contract different terms will apply. They kind of did that before when they went from original SERO to SERO-P and it's also somewhat like how Big Red just upped the price of old unlimited data plans by $20/month. However, Sprint is choosing not to do this and as long as they don't then I see no problems with folks continuing to use SERO.

I like this post.  Pretty reasonable, even if I don't agree with every detail.  Well said.

• Like 1

And there are other ways to save with Sprint to afford the sims card.

If you trying to save on money, then I sure one would be with a credit union. By being with a credit union, Sprint waives the activation fees and give you a 10% discount. With this discount, I'm sure it would pay for that SIMS card. 

Problems solved if one really is trying to save money.

• Like 1

Ship date estimate?  Just checked mine and it's still pending.  What if they start shipping tomorrow?!

You're only a day away...

AJ

• Like 1

It did say in the playbook to expect them as early as yesterday. Clearly that didn't happen but I imagine they'll be shipping shortly. I'm excited to see how this phone does. I've been itching to buy but can't without knowing real world usage and experiences.

Looks like you're not the only one.

EDIT: Wonder if I can get 1-night shipping without cancelling the order.

I didn't choose 1 day shipping so it will be interesting to see where it is shipping from.  Normally it doesn't pay for me to choose 1 day shipping.  I think your best bet for changing an order would be to call them.

:(

Check your bank account temp authorizations. I noticed my credit line was down by $461 and checked temp authorization and there it was!

Then i checked back and it was still pending and a few minutes later it was processing!

• Like 1

Check your bank account temp authorizations. I noticed my credit line was down by $461 and checked temp authorization and there it was!

Then i checked back and it was still pending and a few minutes later it was processing!

sbo7sy.jpg

AJ

• Like 3

Still processing.  Processing, schmocessing.  That Snapdragon 808 processor must be really slow after all.

AJ

• Like 1