Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

Hey anybody have any stats on Battery life yet?  I am testing mine out today to see how long I get with normal usuage.  I took it off the charger at 8am and its now 1145am and my battery is at 62%.  

My usage thus far is the Google music app (no streaming, all music was downloaded yesturday)

Some browsing

Screen brightness half bright

Some facebook

about 2 hours of sitting on 3G signal

Some texting

2 (1 minute phone calls)

Thats about all I have done.  I am really wanting to try out this charing thing that they speak of where i plug it in for 15 minutes and i get another 6 hours.  Wonder if thats just 6 hours of standby time or what.  

Anywho if anyone else has any of their own battery stats please post them so we can see how to get the best battery life out of this phone.

Kevin

For engineering screen access, if someone wants to try sideloading the SprintHiddenMenu.apk off of the Nexus 5, let me know.  I can supply the APK.  My guess is that it will not work, since the Nexus 5 is an LG handset.  An alternative might be to pull the equivalent hidden APK off of a Sprint Moto X.

AJ

• Like 3

For engineering screen access, if someone wants to try sideloading the SprintHiddenMenu.apk off of the Nexus 5, let me know.  I can supply the APK.  My guess is that it will not work, since the Nexus 5 is an LG handset.  An alternative might be to pull the equivalent hidden APK off of a Sprint Moto X.

AJ

I'll give it a whirl when I get home today. You can email it to sonypsp at gmail dot com.

Should I get the nexus 6 or the iPhone 6 plus?! Don't know what to choose!!!

Get both, you know why? Because thats how you roll. 

AJ

Post it or send it to me and I'll do it.

hey guys anyone want 1440 videos on the youtube app?  found it on reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/LGG3/comments/2mxo74/youtube_5185_has_2k/

pretty amazing!!!!  Though it is tricky to see the difference between 1080 and 1440 resolution on the Nexus.  but still it is available.

What's the easiest root method that is currently out there?

Post a link please. Thanks.

Mav. :ninja:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

Really manual with adb would be easiest, or best (more control). Here's the lazy method http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/general/nexus-6-cf-auto-root-t2946626
  • Like 2

How are you guys liking the Nexus 6? I went into the T-Mobile store 2 days in a row and I'm not Wow'd by this device. I love the Nexus 5 so I thought that the Nexus 6 would be love at first sight but its not.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I'll give it a whirl when I get home today. You can email it to sonypsp at gmail dot com.

Post it or send it to me and I'll do it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk1084fmy55hptz/SprintHiddenMenu.apk?dl=0

AJ

n5 or moto x?

I stated in a previous post -- also quoted a few posts above -- that the APK I would supply would be from a Nexus 5.

AJ

• Like 1

If your rooted you got to use a file explorer and put it into system apps folder. From there you can install it / run it.

I have both the 5 and 6. I like the 6 more. Especially battery life. I get up at 10am and never charge until 3am the next day.

How are you guys liking the Nexus 6? I went into the T-Mobile store 2 days in a row and I'm not Wow'd by this device. I love the Nexus 5 so I thought that the Nexus 6 would be love at first sight but its not.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1