Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

Whoops. Should have said SMS only sends on data when using the GV app AND the Hangouts app with full GV integration. I haven't switched my texting to Hangouts (don't like it), so I still use the GV app when I need to send a message using WiFi/Data.

i believe the issue is with SMS messages for people that are NOT full GV integrated.  as in using sprint to send/receive texts.  i have probs using standard messaging app, hangouts, and textra...

• Like 2

i believe the issue is with SMS messages for people that are NOT full GV integrated. as in using sprint to send/receive texts. i have probs using standard messaging app, hangouts, and textra...

I have no texting issues at all. I use GV for texting because I swap SIM cards regularly depending on where I'm traveling. I do all my GV SMS in Hangouts and haven't noticed anything. I am also not integrated with Sprint.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

i believe the issue is with SMS messages for people that are NOT full GV integrated. as in using sprint to send/receive texts. i have probs using standard messaging app, hangouts, and textra...

Do you think that this could be an issue with certain markets? I know I have have seen the issue yet and the only difference I can think of would be the location.

Do you think that this could be an issue with certain markets? I know I have have seen the issue yet and the only difference I can think of would be the location.

I've experienced it in the Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and San Francisco markets. So it's likely not market based.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Well that's different. Its usually the other way around.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I personally don't have sms problems on my Nexus 6 but I can tell you that 5.0.2 is probably not far off because 5.0.1 did not solve everything.

you don't use GV for text, but use your sprint number, right?

You can add me to the list of users with SMS/MMS issues.

• Use EvolveSMS for SMS/MMS. Extremely long delay sending messages (if they send), not receiving some and MMS is a whole other beast of problems.
  • Google Voice is set up with my GV number but to handle Voicemail for my main number.
  • Hangouts isn't associated with either SMS/MMS or Voicemail.
  • Like 2

I've experienced it in the Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and San Francisco markets. So it's likely not market based.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Possibly. But those are all Samsung markets.

Finally had the 5.0.1 update show up. Man ih man did that take forever to optimize my apps...

Question:

When the phone rings, it fades in (from soft to loud) by default on the N6 (maybe it's a lollipop thing).  How do you disable this so it just rings at normal value from the start??

it's not on the nexus 5, so I don't think its lollipop, but I would check either the dialer settings, or sound settings and look for the option there.

I never experienced the sms issue other than not being able to text while on a call.  So after the update I noticed improved Band 41 reception (Clear).  I had been latching onto Band 26 mostly prior to the update.  Driving around Jacksonville, FL after the update I latched onto nearly every Clear B41 site.  Was almost constantly attached to a Clear site.  Found a few Sprint B41 sites as well.  Will update in the other discussion as to which ones they were once I check my logs.

• Like 3

I never experienced the sms issue other than not being able to text while on a call.  So after the update I noticed improved Band 41 reception (Clear).  I had been latching onto Band 26 mostly prior to the update.  Driving around Jacksonville, FL after the update I latched onto nearly every Clear B41 site.  Was almost constantly attached to a Clear site.  Found a few Sprint B41 sites as well.  Will update in the other discussion as to which ones they were once I check my logs.

Are you referring to the .1 update? Does it include a new radio?

What radio version are you currently on?

Are you referring to the .1 update? Does it include a new radio?

What radio version are you currently on?

I have no idea if it does or not, I just noticed that my nexus 6 is attaching to Clear B41 consistantly now instead of slim to none.

MDM9625_104335.118.02.55.04R

Thats the baseband version for the 5.0.1 i have.  How does that help nexgencpu?

• Like 1

MDM9625_104335.118.02.55.04R

Thats the baseband version for the 5.0.1 i have. How does that help nexgencpu?

Awesome! Its a slight bump in version from 0.3R

As good as the radio performance is, I find that in its current state 03R is slightly weaker on B41 compared to the G3.

Awesome! Its a slight bump in version from 0.3R

What does that mean exactly?

Means they further tuned the radio, as you noticed its latching onto B41 more readily.

I wonder if there is a way to tinker with the radio settings then flash it?