AWS-3 Auction Intermediate Results

bigsnake49

Here you go.  I already did the import into Excel.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvizdt2vfkrw4w7/AWS-3_PWB.xlsx?dl=0

AJ

Thanks AJ! Wait a minute, only block G was won in the Melbourne-Titusville area? WTH? Does the spectrum go back?

Edited by bigsnake49

Only block G was won in the Melbourne-Titusville area? WTH? Does the spectrum go back?

Another auction.

Fcc held

Total Items: 3

Items 1-3 of 3

License Bidding Units Minimum Bid for Round 342

AW-BEA049-B1

Cincinnati-Hamilton OH-KY-IN 371,000 n/a

AW-CMA353-G

Colorado 6 - San Miguel 22,000 n/a

AW-CMA439-G

Kansas 12 - Hodgeman 15,000 n/a

Thanks AJ! Wait a minute, only block G was won in the Melbourne-Titusville area? WTH? Does the spectrum go back?

I guess the rest of the blocks are in the Orlando EA.

An entity back by Terrestar won quite a few (18) of the B1 block (unpaired) and entities associated with Dish won pretty much the rest as pretty much everybody predicted.

AT&T anticipates putting this spectrum into service as a supplemental downlink to deliver additional mobile Internet capacity and better performance for its customers. AT&T will work with the FCC, NTIA, DOD, and other federal agencies to also support uplink capacity as soon as possible. - See more at: http://about.att.com/story/att_adds_high_quality_spectrum_to_support_growing_demand_for_mobile_video_and_high_speed_internet.html#sthash.zY8xMtiO.dpuf

Who/what is "Joseph A Sofio"? That's not another bidder for Dish, is it?

I saw that too... Was like WTF?

"He" won the CMA that covers Nye County, NV. I'd like to know who he is too!

He is your chiropractor, Josh.  You know -- Sofio Chiropractic, Pizza, and Spectrum, LLC.

:P

AJ

• Like 2

Congratulations, Northern Michigan BEA058.  You have officially the least desirable AWS-3 license among all 50 states.  With a provisional winning bid of only $8400 for the AWS-3 A1 block license, even S4GRU membership probably could have raised enough money to win you.

AJ

• Like 12

I wouldn't have believed it unless sprint CEO said it

"It wasn't something we had thought of before, but if you look at what we can do with technology [such as carrier aggregation and LTE-TDD technology] to make 2.5 GHz feel like 1.9 MHz spectrum, you can see the value of the Sprint spectrum," he said."

Is aggregation by itself enough to equal in quality 4x2 mimo lte?

Congratulations, Northern Michigan BEA058. You have officially the least desirable AWS-3 license among all 50 states. With a provisional winning bid of only $8400 for the AWS-3 A1 block license, even S4GRU membership probably could have raised enough money to win you.

AJ

Dear God, its Alpena, cheboygan, mackinac city, mackinac island, st. Ignace, and the soo. There is nothing in that bea. I'm surprised it got bought!

So basically Tyler/longview tx got sold to Dish? Waste of spectrum. I bet they try to sell to The other 3 after the price goes up.

Congratulations, Northern Michigan BEA058.  You have officially the least desirable AWS-3 license among all 50 states.  With a provisional winning bid of only $8400 for the AWS-3 A1 block license, even S4GRU membership probably could have raised enough money to win you.

Technically, the 3 "FCC held" licenses were the least desirable. It's curious that no one bid even a dollar for them.

Speaking of which, what happens to them? Will the FCC attempt to auction them off again at a later date? Were there any unsold licenses in previous auctions?

Technically, the 3 "FCC held" licenses were the least desirable. It's curious that no one bid even a dollar for them.

Speaking of which, what happens to them? Will the FCC attempt to auction them off again at a later date? Were there any unsold licenses in previous auctions?

Someone did bid but withdrew their bid.

They will be reauctioned.

Aws1 had unsold 2006 licenses so a 2008 auction sold them.

Dear God, its Alpena, cheboygan, mackinac city, mackinac island, st. Ignace, and the soo. There is nothing in that bea. I'm surprised it got bought!

The first site to get it will be Mackinac Island.... so the people that want to get away to the island where cars are prohibited and transportation is by bicycle and horse drawn carriage can make instant posts to their facebook/instragram account of the pile of horse crap in the middle of the street.

• Like 2

No. A new band must be created and consumer and vendor equipment must be procured and deployed.

Also, att has declared they're gonna use the downlink spectrum as supplemental downlink so there's probably gonna be two new bands. This is because the uplink will be encumbered by federal users for much longer.

So what does that tell us about Dish vs T-Mobile vs Sprint and the possibility of mergers between any of those players? Well, in an acquisition scenarios, Dish will be valued much higher after the auction, making it too expensive for either Sprint or T-Mobile. Even in a spectrum sale, the high price of this auction will preclude any spectrum sale. In a merger scenario, the spectrum price gets somewhat hidden because everybody has spectrum. However I can definitely see some movement to network share between all three after the 600MHz auction. I still see Dish acquiring the unpaired uplink for the reserve price and pairing it with the Lighsquared spectrum.

Would the high proceeds beyond funding Firstnet encourage the FCC to move PS LMR out of the 800MHz SMR band and onto the nearby 700MHz PS voice band that's adjacent to the PS data band unifying it into a contiguous 15x15MHz band that can be used for both voice and data using VoLTE? One would hope that the FCC and PS community has the forethought to plan beyond the next year and see that the solution is an integrated voice/data communicator.

They haven't even finished the Nextel rebanding yet.

Now that AWS-3 is well over 30 billion, if 600Mhz does happen would that auction it be more expensive..maybe in 40+ billion? 

They may delay the 600 MHz auction to give the carriers time to digest.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/joseph-sofio/0/643/458

I'm "betting" this guy.  ;-)

No. A new band must be created and consumer and vendor equipment must be procured and deployed. 

This is crap. Not saying you're wrong, but saying it's crap that they segment things so damn much.

No. Power limits designate it as uplink-only.

If there is any unpaired block in 600Mhz. Maybe that's Sprint should eyes on it and persuade FCC to allow it running TDD.

Unpaird block is much cheaper.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/verizon-nears-10-billion-asset-sale-to-frontier-1423087271

More in the big winter asset blowout column. Verizon looking to offload more landlines to Frontier. When will they just unload the whole business?

This probably doesn't include FIOS, does it? article doesn't say.

This probably doesn't include FIOS, does it? article doesn't say.

Speculation has included FiOS in California, Texas, and Florida, but I don't believe everything I read on Seeking Alpha.