iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

It might have something to do with the Apple swas Best Buy has in most, if not all big box locations. Best Buy also sells for more than one wireless provider, not to mention has huge purchasing power on its own. I'm not surprised they would have more stock than Sprint.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

My thinking was Apple would have more in their own stores before anyone else - but they don't.  Best buy had no iPhone 6+'s when we went 3 days after launch.. to the contrary the guy said they had none on day 1..and was surprised to see we had an iPhone 6 plus.. In fact he asked where we got it.. and I said Sprint.. he seemed surprised.

You

It might have something to do with the Apple swas Best Buy has in most, if not all big box locations. Best Buy also sells for more than one wireless provider, not to mention has huge purchasing power on its own. I'm not surprised they would have more stock than Sprint.

You also kinda forget the supply and demand issue. They sold 10 million phones in 3 days alone .. What's been sold in the last 12 days? The best selling Android phone sold 10 million in 4 weeks. To be able produce enough phones is a massive undertaking in itself..

**To put this another way.. Its taken Sony about a year to sell 10 million PS4 consoles

• Like 1

You

You also kinda forget the supply and demand issue. They sold 10 million phones in 3 days alone .. What's been sold in the last 12 days? The best selling Android phone sold 10 million in 4 weeks. To be able produce enough phones is a massive undertaking in itself..

**To put this another way.. Its taken Sony about a year to sell 10 million PS4 consoles

I didn't forget anything. The person I quoted was talking about how Best Buy had more stock to sell and I replied with my thoughts on the subject. Regardless of the number of phones sold, some companies had more to sell than othes.

I didn't forget anything. The person I quoted was talking about how Best Buy had more stock to sell and I replied with my thoughts on the subject. Regardless of the number of phones sold, some companies had more to sell than othes.

You say that, but where's your proof that bestbuy had more at each store and not just one location where demand wasn't as high ?

I mean I was told at a Columbus location they had no iPhone 6+'s  on day 1..

My thinking is Sprint is selling to how many millions of people? Best buy sells to a lot less so it might seem like they have in more when in reality it's just because more people aren't buying up what little inventory they have.

I kinda agree.. just posted above my thoughts.. its hard to fairly say and not be sure its just location specific supply and demand

You say that, but where's your proof that bestbuy had more at each store and not just one location where demand wasn't as high ?

I mean I was told at a Columbus location they had no iPhone 6+'s on day 1..

I work in sales support for Best Buy. The three big box and one best buy mobile stand alone store in my area had more total inventory than the third party Sprint retail stores (we dont have any corporate locations). I have no idea what Apple had at its own retail locations here. And again, its just my opinion but I think it might have to do with the 1000+ Apple shops Best Buy has inside their retail locations.

I work in sales support for Best Buy. The three big box and one best buy mobile stand alone store in my area had more total inventory than the third party Sprint retail stores (we dont have any corporate locations). I have no idea what Apple had at its own retail locations here. And again, its just my opinion but I think it might have to do with the 1000+ Apple shops Best Buy has inside their retail locations.

You might be right but I think there's no way to really know.

I just called the Morse Rd HQ Plaza Best Buy here in Columbus and they have no iPhone 6+'s of any carrier and the gentlemen told me they did have the iPhone 6 but only the 128gb model and only for Sprint.

Anyone else having issues with running the Field Test app on their phones? Most of the time especially while I'm on 3g it spins on "connecting" but never actually does.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Nope. I normally don't run field test mode while on 3g because it doesn't show anything worth while, unless of course I am looking for 1x800...

Anyone else having issues with running the Field Test app on their phones? Most of the time especially while I'm on 3g it spins on "connecting" but never actually does.

This happens to me all the time. Seems as if I need a really strong 3G connection in order for it to work.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on the Now Network

Same issue here, at least there's not much 3G information that i care about.  :P

Same issue here, at least there's not much 3G information that i care about. :P

Normally I wouldn't care but where I work there is a lack of progress on the NV front and I would just like to know if CDMA 800 is being turned on.

Normally I wouldn't care but where I work there is a lack of progress on the NV front and I would just like to know if CDMA 800 is being turned on.

Even if they are turning on 1x800 in your area, good luck getting your iPhone to connect to it. The only time I've ever connected ton1x800 is when I was jail broken using a custom PRL that prioritized it or when I was 20,000 feet above Gary, IN. I got all excited those few times I was able to connect, but the real-life functionality was basically non-existent.

Maybe other's experiences have been different, but the lack of ability for an iPhone to connect to 1x800 has been frustrating for me.

Even if they are turning on 1x800 in your area, good luck getting your iPhone to connect to it. The only time I've ever connected ton1x800 is when I was jail broken using a custom PRL that prioritized it or when I was 20,000 feet above Gary, IN. I got all excited those few times I was able to connect, but the real-life functionality was basically non-existent.

Maybe other's experiences have been different, but the lack of ability for an iPhone to connect to 1x800 has been frustrating for me.

I've seen it a couple if times on my phone when the Field Test works. But yeah I know iPhones are notorious about acting scared of 1x800.

I've seen it a couple if times on my phone when the Field Test works. But yeah I know iPhones are notorious about acting scared of 1x800.

which is probably the most annoying thing ever.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 1

Anandtech has a preliminary iPhone 6 benchmark review. A full review ( with more benchmarks ) is in the works. The iPhone did great overall compared to the competition .. Only a few of the artificial 3d mark benchmarks didn't look great but the open gl benchmark Gfx looked very good ..pretty funny to see the iPhone spank the competition using Googles own benchmark Octane. Check it out:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8559/iphone-6-and-iphone-6-plus-preliminary-results

You might be right but I think there's no way to really know.

I just called the Morse Rd HQ Plaza Best Buy here in Columbus and they have no iPhone 6+'s of any carrier and the gentlemen told me they did have the iPhone 6 but only the 128gb model and only for Sprint.

Sprint @ Easton had 128gb + in Stock over the weekend....
  • Like 1

Well, on the eve of getting my iPhone 6+, my iPhone 3GS battery swelled. Not sure if it wrecked my board, it appears pretty much intact, but I guess my first iPhone is now RIP. :(

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the official date for the Apple Pay release date?

I'm going to assume with iOS 8.1, which the first beta just dropped, but release could be a few months out.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I've heard October, potentially around Yosemite launch.

Really? Cool. I thought that was just continuity features from phone to Mac and SMS continuity for iPhone/iPad/Mac

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk