iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I routinely have averaged 5-6 hours of usage on my 5, 5S, and 6. My 6 has better standby life then my 5S did so that adds to overall life a small bit. Everyone that had an N5 raves that the 6 is much better, I can agree but not that huge. I routinely get 3-4 hours screen time out of my N5. 

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412133282.041422.jpg

First day of not having it on the charger at any point. Pretty damn good considering I was on calls for at least 2 hours today

Sent from my iPhone 6 on the Now Network

And streaming spotify too! Good battery life. I was streaming bluetooth to my sound system while I study, and I am currently on 4 hours 3 mins usage with 4 hours 30 of standby. I am at 55% battery. Pretty good considering bluetooth usually eats my battery up when it's active.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

And streaming spotify too! Good battery life. I was streaming bluetooth to my sound system while I study, and I am currently on 4 hours 3 mins usage with 4 hours 30 of standby. I am at 55% battery. Pretty good considering bluetooth usually eats my battery up when it's active.

I was also using Bluetooth with my soundbar thing for a few hours as well. Also helped that I was on WiFi 98 percent of the time since I was working from home today.

Now if I turned the wifi off and went to the basement for a few hours, I'd be guaranteed to lose the rest of my battery since I get a fringe 1x1900 signal down there usually.

Ugh double post. Must not close screen right after hitting send..

I know the feeling of bad signal. If I didn't have wifi, I would have to walk outside and try and connect to the fringe b26 or b41. And phone calls... Ha, forget about that.

So I will retract my comment about the gold iPhone 6/6+ saw it today at the Apple store. Pretty damn sexy and my favorite color I think. The dream I had was telling me something. Or it subconsciously made me like after seeing in the metal.

• Like 3

Saw the 6+ in an Apple Store for the first time today.  Pleased with my 6 purchase.  Was surprised that my wife prefers the 6+ over the 6 with her small hands.  She has an iPad mini, so if she gets a 6+ one day she can get probably get rid of that.

• Like 1

So I will retract my comment about the gold iPhone 6/6+ saw it today at the Apple store. Pretty damn sexy and my favorite color I think. The dream I had was telling me something. Or it subconsciously made me like after seeing in the metal.

You know, I wasn't excited about the gold at first either. But when I was getting mine they had gold and gray and I prefer the white bezel so I said screw it, I'll get gold because it'll be in a case most of the time anyway so if I don't like it I'll just get an opaque case.

The color has grown on me. I still think the antenna lines look better on silver but the gold is subtle enough that it works. And I like the gold detail around the home button.

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Edited by Amber

Just did an iPad charge with the new cable from 5% and it took almost exactly 90 minutes to get to 90%.

You did an iPad charge or you charged your iP6 with the iPad charger?

The iPhone 6 ( and 6+ ) ships with the 1 amp charger, despite having full support for the 2.1 amp ( comes with iPad )

So using  the 2.1 amp charger won't hurt anything and according to the link below nearly (90%) charged an iP6 Plus  in  2 hours instead of the 3.5 hours it takes with the 1 amp charger.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/comments/iphone-6-6-plus-support-2.1a-charging-ship-with-1a-adapters

Just ordered the 128 Gb iPhone 6 Plus in Gold with the White face.. Sprint said 2 weeks although they mentioned the iPhone 6 128 Gb would only be 4 days till ship

I have the same phone you ordered :) I got impatient and found it at Best Buy, hahaha.

I'm shocked Sprint has updated order times to 2 weeks. Their site ( sprint.com/ship ) still says 4-6 weeks for a 6+

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Did you order online or in store thinking about getting the 128 in space gray.  2 weeks sounds way better than 4-6 weeks

6 Plus 128GB in gold shipping in 2 weeks? The stupid Sprint store I ordered mine at told me today I'll have to wait 3 weeks before I can get mine, and when I ordered, the system said 15 were in the warehouse. :censored:

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

As all you of know, I just ordered my iPhone 6+ 128 Gb on Sunday Sept 28th.  The rep told me 2 weeks.. which she said they were more available then the 64 Gb models.  So i logged onto sprint.com/mypreorder to look ....

I can't beleive it !  It's been only 3 freaking days.. and its shipping !  I should get it today ! 

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Here's a copy:

Scheduled For Early Delivery On: Wednesday, 10/01/2014, By End of Day Originally Scheduled For Delivery On: Thursday, 10/02/2014, By End of Day
  • Like 1

As all you of know, I just ordered my iPhone 6+ 128 Gb on Sunday Sept 28th. The rep told me 2 weeks.. which she said they were more available then the 64 Gb models. So i logged onto sprint.com/mypreorder to look ....

I can't beleive it ! It's been only 3 freaking days.. and its shipping ! I should get it today !

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Here's a copy: Scheduled For Early Delivery On: Wednesday, 10/01/2014, By End of Day Originally Scheduled For Delivery On: Thursday, 10/02/2014, By End of Day

Looks like they're finally getting some 6+ stock in. Better late than never! :)
  • Like 1

Looks like they're finally getting some 6+ stock in. Better late than never! :)

I hope that it is true that Sprint has received some stock.  I checked Sprint this morning and still do not have any tracking information.  Maybe by this weekend it will be delivered.

Thanks and hopefully the 2-4 week timeline isn't true and it's just Sprint attempting to save themselves from angry hordes of people yelling at CS on the phone and people attempting to burn down Sprint stores…

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

It depends on what you have ordered through Sprint.  If it was a 6+ with large storage, you may be waiting that long.  I ordered on the 13th and still do not have a tracking number.  I did request to have it shipped to the Sprint store that I deal with.

We know form the Omnibus thread that the 6+ was four weeks later to start the production run than the 6.  I have seen the complaints on the Sprint site as well.  I think people are forgetting that Sprint is not manufacturing the phone and they are at the mercy of the big Apple.

Also remember that the preorder for the iPhone in China starts on October 10th and the Sprint variant is used by one of the carriers.  This could cause a delay again if Apple cannot keep up with demand.

You did an iPad charge or you charged your iP6 with the iPad charger?

The iPhone 6 ( and 6+ ) ships with the 1 amp charger, despite having full support for the 2.1 amp ( comes with iPad )

So using  the 2.1 amp charger won't hurt anything and according to the link below nearly (90%) charged an iP6 Plus  in  2 hours instead of the 3.5 hours it takes with the 1 amp charger.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/comments/iphone-6-6-plus-support-2.1a-charging-ship-with-1a-adapters

Yes. Charged the 6 with the iPad charger. I was testing a theory with the cables because I have a non-apple cable that seemed to charge it shorter. I got from 5% battery life to 90% battery life in exactly 90 minutes with little to no usage of the phone with the apple lightning cable. I will test it with the non apple cable sometime this week. 

I have always wondered though...Does charging with the iPad charger result in quicker discharge of the battery, or is that a myth just like the myth that the iPad charger will cause the iPhone to blow up. 

Yes. Charged the 6 with the iPad charger. I was testing a theory with the cables because I have a non-apple cable that seemed to charge it shorter. I got from 5% battery life to 90% battery life in exactly 90 minutes with little to no usage of the phone with the apple lightning cable. I will test it with the non apple cable sometime this week. 

I have always wondered though...Does charging with the iPad charger result in quicker discharge of the battery, or is that a myth just like the myth that the iPad charger will cause the iPhone to blow up. 

No it wont discharge faster... the problem ( in the past ) when you used your ipad charger with say-- your 5s, or iPhone 5.. is it didn't support fast 2.1 amp charge - the use of a 2.1 amp charger in those ( non supported ) would result in more of a risk of shortening of battery life ( shortening of how many times it could be charged and perhaps how fully charged )..  With supported 2.1am charging that shouldn't be an issue with the iP6..

• Like 2

Why didn't Apple give us 2.1 amp charges instead of the low charging 1 amp charger?

Most likely size - the iPad charger wouldn't package as well in the phone boxes. The 2.1 is a nice option to have though if purchased separately.

• Like 2

Now, if they could create a way for the iPhone to charge in 30 minutes to 80-90% like the moto x can, that would be amazing...but for now I guess I can deal with 90 minutes for a 85% charge

The new quick charge spec is cool, but that's still really fast charging compared to some phones. My nexus 5 charges a little faster when plugged in, but everything else I have owned charges way slower.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They should have.. but didnt :/

I'm kind of glad they included the smaller one. If I didn't own previous iDevices....I would prefer the smaller one for most uses. Now they need to work on shrinking the size of the iPad charger, then i'd be all for it. But since I have a couple iPad chargers around the house, i'll use them if I really need the quick charging...but overall I prefer the smaller size one for the nightly charge.

• Like 1

On the bright side, although we have two Galaxy tabs.. we still have our 2.1 Amp iPhone charger from our iPad.  Regretfully, last year
I needed cash when I got in a bind and sold my iPad, but got top dollar.  We had an extra charger for it and now can use it for both our iPhone 6's..