iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Something higher than 20.1? If so, it's new; if not, it's been out for about a week, and you're just now being prompted to update.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Well actually now that you point it out. I'm on 20.5.8 with iOS 9 Beta 1. I haven't noticed anything except it takes a little bit more time to switch bands. I have to force it in places where it'd be natural for the switch to occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And beta 2 has 20.5.9, but other than that, I know not of another carrier bundle that is higher than 20.1.

-Anthony

• Like 1

Beta 2 Update

Battery usage is much improved.

They took away the option to switch the side switch from rotation to silence. Now my side switch is stuck on rotation and I can't silence my phone lol.

Overall the UI is a little bit more stable but still buggy. I'm definitely looking forward to beta 3 though.

• Like 3

Battery is sucking for me now. It was good at first, now it sucks haha. Oh well, the price of having a beta and I'm totally okay with it. The next update will probably resolve any issues like that. Im currently at 3 hour 54 mins of usage and 7 hours 2 mins standby and have only 30% left. 

• Like 1

Battery is sucking for me now. It was good at first, now it sucks haha. Oh well, the price of having a beta and I'm totally okay with it. The next update will probably resolve any issues like that. Im currently at 3 hour 54 mins of usage and 7 hours 2 mins standby and have only 30% left. 

You should have seen the battery life on beta 1. My 6 Plus was dying one percent every couple minutes. I'm perfectly content with this beta's battery life. I can easily make it through a day still. The bugs are what is getting me right now.

-Anthony

• Like 1

Updated my phone to beta 2. We'll see how this goes. I like the keyboard and the app switcher better than iOS 8 versions for sure. Seems a little sluggish but the more I use it the better it's getting.

It'll be more refined by the time the next iPhone is coming out. I really can't wait to see what they do with the 6s and 6s Plus. These rumors of an upgraded 4 inch phone seems interesting too.

Just make it have more battery life. However, I feel that with the extra 3 hours of battery life you can theoretically get on low power mode (which I haven't even come close too), they will just keep it the same size battery.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

It'll be more refined by the time the next iPhone is coming out. I really can't wait to see what they do with the 6s and 6s Plus. These rumors of an upgraded 4 inch phone seems interesting too.

Absolutely. That's how it always works. I will say they're getting better at betas though. iOS 8 betas didn't work out the best for me. Haven't had any issues so far in the few hours I've used it besides that my Jawbone UP app doesn't work on the new iOS.
  • Like 1

Sprint claims no LTE changes in Carrier 20.1

I'm not buying it...my LTE band switching is horrible now.

Why don't they just admit they sent out a jacked up carrier update and fix it.

• Like 1

I'd believe it. For me 19.1 introduced the issues and 20.1 just continued on with the same.

I second this. 19.1 wasn't great, but in my limited time on 20.1 it has been worse. I find myself not switching between bands when I should be, or just getting kicked down to 3G altogether. I have to toggle airplane mode constantly to switch to a new band or get back to LTE. 

Just make it have more battery life. However, I feel that with the extra 3 hours of battery life you can theoretically get on low power mode (which I haven't even come close too), they will just keep it the same size battery.

need bigger battery for more games!

Is it time for an iPhone 6s/6s+ rumor/wish list thread? I think so. I consider these a must for the next iteration: at least 2300mAH battery (make the damn phone a little thicker--nobody would care for better battery life), OIS on the 6s camera, cat 5 modem, and band 12 LTE. C'mon, Apple!

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 2

Is it time for an iPhone 6s/6s+ rumor/wish list thread? I think so. I consider these a must for the next iteration: at least 2300mAH battery (make the damn phone a little thicker--nobody would care for better battery life), OIS on the 6s camera, cat 5 modem, and band 12 LTE. C'mon, Apple!

Sent from my iPhone 6

I want to see a slightly bigger battery, improved front facing camera, band 12, carrier aggregation, and a feature that will prevent the webpage high jacking to re App Store

• Like 2

Sent from my iPhone 6

I bet we see Force Touch. I love using it on my retina MBP... Only a matter of time before its on the iPhone.

What would do it for me, even though I am not going to get the 6s, most likely, is: at least an extra 2 hours of battery life added to the phone ( on top of the extra 3 power saving), improved display even though it's pretty perfect already, CA, 12 mp camera with the same focus pixel tech, better FaceTime camera, quick charging, and any way possible to make the phone less slippery.

• Like 1