iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I had planned on getting a 128GB 6 Plus... but from what you all have said, I'd like to hold off to have the CA capability, maybe even better battery life?

Well, I guess it depends on where you live. Is there a sprint band 41 rollout by you? A second carrier? Yes, it will be nice to have a CA capable iPhone, although we're not 100% sure this device will have it. The reports surfacing recently point to a CAT6 modem, so I guess it's almost a sure bet. And, you'll probably end up getting better battery life from it, too. I have a few friends and family members that are talking about upgrading their iPhone right now, and at this point, I would just wait the 10 weeks for the new one to come out. On the other hand, you might find a cheap 6+ on eBay or swappa in the coming weeks from someone trying to dump theirs to pay for the new one.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I'm really trying to love Apple Music. It's a bit confusing, but I think I can make it work. Maybe you guys can help me with something: let's say I'm in a radio station, or just listening to some random song that didn't originate from searching the album and clicking the song, how do I view the album from the song screen? There doesn't seem to be a clear-cut way to do it like on Spotify where you can just click "view album."

Sent from my iPhone 6

I am on 8.3, now jailbroken, and I see my Carrier is Sprint 20.1.  *shrug*

Update:

Not sure if it is a local tower issue or due to the carrier package 20.1, but I am not holding on to LTE like I used to in rural areas.  On a 15 mile trip through the country where I used to have LTE the entire trip, I saw both 3G and 1X.  Reported in the sprintzone app, but I can say I am not super happy about it.

I still grab solid B26 inside my house, so not all is lost.

Update:

Not sure if it is a local tower issue or due to the carrier package 20.1, but I am not holding on to LTE like I used to in rural areas. On a 15 mile trip through the country where I used to have LTE the entire trip, I saw both 3G and 1X. Reported in the sprintzone app, but I can say I am not super happy about it.

I still grab solid B26 inside my house, so not all is lost.

20.1 is awful. I tweeted SprintCare, and they are looking into it.

https://twitter.com/joshmsr/status/616187363325288448

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concerning the camera shift, I think it's kind of a blessing in disguise. In a couple months I'll take my phone in while still under warranty and get it replaced. Hello fresh battery!

They don't replace the phone, only the display. Its happened to several of my friends.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well, I guess it depends on where you live. Is there a sprint band 41 rollout by you? A second carrier? Yes, it will be nice to have a CA capable iPhone, although we're not 100% sure this device will have it. The reports surfacing recently point to a CAT6 modem, so I guess it's almost a sure bet. And, you'll probably end up getting better battery life from it, too. I have a few friends and family members that are talking about upgrading their iPhone right now, and at this point, I would just wait the 10 weeks for the new one to come out. On the other hand, you might find a cheap 6+ on eBay or swappa in the coming weeks from someone trying to dump theirs to pay for the new one.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I'm in North Wisconsin territory, but I travel to the Milwaukee/Madison area for my job as well. So, yes I witness a lot of B41!  :)

However, I'm in some pretty unique places for my events. Sometimes in a very rural area and hoping that that CA might give an extra boost in coverage, reception and obviously data speeds (or all of the above). 

I was watching Swappa for the longest time, but then realized is it worth it? Because I think for activating a new line on Framily that isn't purchased through Sprint gets a $10-15 charge tacked on every month.

I'm in North Wisconsin territory, but I travel to the Milwaukee/Madison area for my job as well. So, yes I witness a lot of B41! :)

However, I'm in some pretty unique places for my events. Sometimes in a very rural area and hoping that that CA might give an extra boost in coverage, reception and obviously data speeds (or all of the above).

I was watching Swappa for the longest time, but then realized is it worth it? Because I think for activating a new line on Framily that isn't purchased through Sprint gets a $10-15 charge tacked on every month.[/quote

Thats only if you buy the phone at a subsidized price (2year contract) then move it to a framily plan.

I am not sure about the new music app. I haven't been able to figure out how to shuffle when playing from the song listing.

Concerning the camera shift, I think it's kind of a blessing in disguise. In a couple months I'll take my phone in while still under warranty and get it replaced. Hello fresh battery!

If you want a fresh battery then go in and have them do a diagnostic check. If your battery is bad they'll replace it. I believe it's covered. I've had mine replaced before for free.

8.4 has been pretty rough with my battery. Ouch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ive officially deleted the Facebook app from my phone. I see absolutely no reason that an app should have 18.5 hours of background activities in the last week, and only 1.5 hours of on screen Usage.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

8.4 has been pretty rough with my battery. Ouch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really? My battery life has been bonkers good on this update. We sure it isn't that carrier bundle on Sprint? I'm still getting kicked off LTE a lot on VZW down here in Popeye City, but that might be more related to an oversold Swiss cheese network here, literally everyone in Chester has Verizon.

Really? My battery life has been bonkers good on this update. We sure it isn't that carrier bundle on Sprint? I'm still getting kicked off LTE a lot on VZW down here in Popeye City, but that might be more related to an oversold Swiss cheese network here, literally everyone in Chester has Verizon.

I'm blaming Apple on this one:

a9bb87266c87edcf18c6b93f6d3fcb79.jpg

At least I'm not alone on that Apple Music usage. That app makes my phone hot as hell.

Sent from my iPhone 6

To be fair I was streaming Beats 1 through an Apple TV for hours on end. The iPhone handled that well and I was surprised at how little battery got consumed.

I restored from iOS 9 beta 2 to iOS 8.4, and the carrier version is Sprint 20.0. It keeps asking me to update to 20.1, but I don't wanna :P

-Anthony

Is 20.0 dropping LTE too? I am on 20.0 but I still see LTE dropping, albeit the iPhone is holding onto the signal slightly better tan 19.1 was.

Is 20.0 dropping LTE too? I am on 20.0 but I still see LTE dropping, albeit the iPhone is holding onto the signal slightly better tan 19.1 was.

It was better than 19.1 and 20.1, but not as good as I would be comfortable with.

-Anthony

I know this sounds crazy and all, but since 20.1 dropped, my phone can't even hold onto weaker EVDO signals, call quality in my house has gone to crap on my friends 5S (not set up for WiFi calling), and overall signal levels have dropped remarkably.

I can't even leave my house without dropping EVDO within 2 blocks, and I really think it's the carrier bundle. Plus, it's nearly impossible for my phone to latch onto roaming. If Sprint doesn't expand service in Pahrump soon, I think I'm going to go crazy.

• Like 2

I know this sounds crazy and all, but since 20.1 dropped, my phone can't even hold onto weaker EVDO signals, call quality in my house has gone to crap on my friends 5S (not set up for WiFi calling), and overall signal levels have dropped remarkably.

I can't even leave my house without dropping EVDO within 2 blocks, and I really think it's the carrier bundle. Plus, it's nearly impossible for my phone to latch onto roaming. If Sprint doesn't expand service in Pahrump soon, I think I'm going to go crazy.

Same here. I'm rocking 1x is places I used to get acceptable band 25 LTE. I've been complaining on Twitter for 2 weeks now. Sprint exec support is supposed to be calling me tomorrow. You should tweet marceloclaure and marcicarris about 20.1 carrier. Just so they see more and more people with problems.

• Like 1

Yep, 20.1 is crap. Just drove to Phoenix and back from LA, was on Extended for over half the drive when normally it's native Sprint. Using the Waze app, data was completely unusable...wouldn't even connect to EVDO in Blythe. Even before NV 1.0 my experience was far better than this time on the 10 in the middle of nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Have you guys opened support tickets with Sprint yet?

Carrier 20.1 seems to be making Sprint's network seem like total crap. I'm at home switching between 3G and band 26. I'm usually rocked band 41 with decent signal and 40-50Mbps speeds. The last time I talked to Sprint they didn't think it could possibly be the carrier update.

Have you guys opened support tickets with Sprint yet?

Carrier 20.1 seems to be making Sprint's network seem like total crap. I'm at home switching between 3G and band 26. I'm usually rocked band 41 with decent signal and 40-50Mbps speeds. The last time I talked to Sprint they didn't think it could possibly be the carrier update.

I think I may. I thought the issue was resolved but I am currently sitting on b25 in my house which is surrounded by b41. I have two clear sites that service my neighborhood. There is 0 reason I should be in b25 or 26. ( I have always had b41 before, even at the center of my house).

I'll respond again to the person who emailed me prior and see if I can escalate the issue.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 1

I was watching Swappa for the longest time, but then realized is it worth it? Because I think for activating a new line on Framily that isn't purchased through Sprint gets a $10-15 charge tacked on every month.

Not true. Most of my family are using devices purchased on swappa. (On a Framily) There's no fee, you can use whatever you like.

• Like 1