iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Talked to exec support again. They are clueless and really not sure what to do. "Product development" says no way it's carrier 20.1, network support isn't showing any tower problems. They are going to go back to product development and network support to see what else they can do. I'm so sick of my phone being useless in areas where there used to be a decent LTE signal.

Anyone else making any progress?

Who was it that had access to John Saw. I think this is something he can resolve quicker. The issue appears to be that the phone is no longer prioritizing b41, and instead connecting to the "strongest signal." When did we become att?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 2

Who was it that had access to John Saw. I think this is something he can resolve quicker. The issue appears to be that the phone is no longer prioritizing b41, and instead connecting to the "strongest signal." When did we become att?

The iPhone is making Sprint's network seem like total garbage. They need to fix this. I'm getting frustrated with their executive support. I know more about their network than them. I just wish someone at Sprint would acknowledge that there is a problem.

Are Sprint employee email addresses first.last@sprint.com?

• Like 2

The iPhone is making Sprint's network seem like total garbage. They need to fix this. I'm getting frustrated with their executive support. I know more about their network than them. I just wish someone at Sprint would acknowledge that there is a problem.

Are Sprint employee email addresses first.last@sprint.com

in some cases yes, the CEO is

marcelo@sprint.com    he does respond (most of the time)

long time reader first time poster BTW ( :

Good catch. My iPhone 6+ was on 55025, an update put it on 55026.

It does not seem to make a difference.  I still have to toggle off/on airplane mode when I get off the elevator at work for my phone to switch to LTE from 3G.

It does not seem to make a difference.  I still have to toggle off/on airplane mode when I get off the elevator at work for my phone to switch to LTE from 3G.

PRL's don't impact LTE, they are for CDMA.

PRL's don't impact LTE, they are for CDMA.

This new PRL put me back on 1x800, so better voice in the house.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I might have just figured out a way to downgrade carrier bundles.

1.) download this file: http://nahum365.github.io/Sprint_CSIM_LTE_US_iPhone.ipcc

2.) enable carrier testing in iTunes

On Windows:
Open iTunes via Command Prompt with this command-

%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

On OS X:
Quit iTunes then run this command in Terminal-

defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool YES

3.) Plug your device in and while holding shift (Windows) or option (Mac) press Check for Update or Restore. When the dialog comes up, choose IPCC you just downloaded. You should then be on 19.1.

• Like 2

I might have just figured out a way to downgrade carrier bundles.

1.) download this file: http://nahum365.github.io/Sprint_CSIM_LTE_US_iPhone.ipcc

2.) enable carrier testing in iTunes

On Windows:

Open iTunes via Command Prompt with this command-

%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
On OS X:

Quit iTunes then run this command in Terminal-

defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool YES
3.) Plug your device in and while holding shift (Windows) or option (Mac) press Check for Update or Restore. When the dialog comes up, choose IPCC you just downloaded. You should then be on 19.1.
I'll try first thing I get to work.

What's the issue? I didn't have any issue.

a9c1e6dd5030f41ffcda47d0b66ed32b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

Im not sure. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I tried update and it didn't work so I'll try restore when I get done at the gym.

Yeh restore did nothing as well.... Still on 20.5.9. Perhaps because I am running iOS 9 beta 2?

That may be it. With my experience on 20.5.9, it was leaps and bounds better than 20.1. Why would you want to downgrade? (Just out of curiosity).

P. S. - beta 3 is out now.

-Anthony

That may be it. With my experience on 20.5.9, it was leaps and bounds better than 20.1. Why would you want to downgrade? (Just out of curiosity).

P. S. - beta 3 is out now.

-Anthony

I still notice I am on b25 and 26 way more than I used to be. In my house I have absolutely 0 reason to be on 25 or 26. I am so close to the tower I have b41 even in my bathroom at the center of the house. It switches back to b41.... Eventually.

I'll be downloading beta 3 as soon as I get home!

• Like 1

I got a call from John Thomas today, he is the Sprint Director of Network Service Management. Was not able to talk to him, but will report back.

The VM mentioned he wants to setup some call traces...not really sure what that means.

• Like 1

I got a call from John Thomas today, he is the Sprint Director of Network Service Management. Was not able to talk to him, but will report back.

The VM mentioned he wants to setup some call traces...not really sure what that means.

I'm sure they think you're dropping calls. They can see when and where the call was dropped.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I'm sure they think you're dropping calls. They can see when and where the call was dropped.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Probably. I use like 5-10 voice mins a month on average, so if they think that...I'm probably just going to give up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just talked to John Thomas...they are convinced it's not 20.1. Likely "tower configurations" or poor coverage areas. They want me to call them tomorrow AM when I'm leaving for work so they can track my phone connecting to different towers.

Just talked to John Thomas...they are convinced it's not 20.1. Likely "tower configurations" or poor coverage areas.

That's funny. I wonder how it's possible that the ENTIRE SPRINT NETWORK'S towers all got "reconfigured", and the only devices that it effects are iPhones. That's hilarious.

If you get to talk to him again, see if you can point him toward this thread. He should see that this isn't a local thing; it's happening network-wide, on every iPhone with 20.1 installed.

-Anthony

• Like 2

That's ridiculous that they think it's the network. I mean, it could be since other phones seem to have an issue with band switching sometimes, just not as bad as the iPhone. It's definitely something within 20.1. Don't we have someone smart enough on these forums that knows how to break one down, and re-write a carrier bundle? I'm sure we do.

Sent from my iPhone 6

That's ridiculous that they think it's the network. I mean, it could be since other phones seem to have an issue with band switching sometimes, just not as bad as the iPhone. It's definitely something within 20.1. Don't we have someone smart enough on these forums that knows how to break one down, and re-write a carrier bundle? I'm sure we do.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Carrier bundles have been signed since iOS 3.1. Any changes would break the signature and iOS wouldn't accept it.

Carrier bundles have been signed since iOS 3.1. Any changes would break the signature and iOS wouldn't accept it.

What about being jail broken with a comm center patch? How do these people make their own custom carrier bundles? There has to be a way.

Sent from my iPhone 6