iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I'm really liking Apple Music. I have all my music needs all in one app. I did have 9 different apps because they have different style playlists or for music videos but I deleted those all yesterday. Just like the comment before mine, the jazz catalog is freaking amazing. Bix Biderbeck all day but I cancelled my Spotify today and don't think I'll ever return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Does anyone know how to create custom radio stations? Did they get rid of that? Maybe I'm missing something but did they also get rid of the "add to wish list" and "never play this song" features when listening to radio?

Does anyone know how to create custom radio stations? Did they get rid of that? Maybe I'm missing something but did they also get rid of the "add to wish list" and "never play this song" features when listening to radio?

You have to do a basic search and you'll see options for a radio station for that artist. The wish list is still there but you have to press the star as well as for never play this song but it's now called "play less songs like this"

• Like 1

I'm still trying to like Apple Music, but the interface is still weird to me. I've been using Spotify for a while though.

But the biggest downside to me is that it doesn't have a web interface. I can't install iTunes on my work computer, so Apple Music is useless to me at work.

http://9to5mac.com/2015/07/01/phone-6s-twice-as-fast-better-battery/

The inclusion of the MDM9635 should pave the way for the inclusion of TD-LTE carrier aggregation with massive e-peen.

I'll have more analysis later, but this also confirms a suspicion that I have had... Apple goes with slightly older basebands because of supply issues. 

• Like 5

http://9to5mac.com/2015/07/01/phone-6s-twice-as-fast-better-battery/

The inclusion of the MDM9635 should pave the way for the inclusion of TD-LTE carrier aggregation with massive e-peen.

I'll have more analysis later, but this also confirms a suspicion that I have had... Apple goes with slightly older basebands because of supply issues. 

At least it is CAT 6.  Can have 2 CA, hopefully 3..

I don't get replacement parts, I get new phones. I paid over $900 for my phone, and I don't want some Frankenstein device. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone 6

what about when a part on your car breaks? do you buy a new car?

• Like 1

Concerning the camera shift, I think it's kind of a blessing in disguise. In a couple months I'll take my phone in while still under warranty and get it replaced. Hello fresh battery!

• Like 2

I will say this about Apple Music as a sort of a warning: Do NOT enable iCloud Music Library. It completely ruined all of my playlists on my PC when I enabled it on my phone and PC. I had to turn it off and delete all of my playlists on my PC because it ruined them that badly. Unless I'm the only one that this has happened too, then I would advise being hesitant about enabling this option if/when you sign up for Apple Music.

-Anthony

• Like 1

what about when a part on your car breaks? do you buy a new car?

No. Apple has one of the best/easiest warranty programs on the planet, and I use it. These phones cost way too much to have defects.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Concerning the camera shift, I think it's kind of a blessing in disguise. In a couple months I'll take my phone in while still under warranty and get it replaced. Hello fresh battery!

Apple will only replace your display, not the whole phone… unless you tell them that there is something else that's wrong with the phone not associated with the display

So I just finished rebuilding my library. And it turns out, you can't use Apple Music (in the way you would use Spotify; offline songs, streaming stuff, etc) without using iCloud Music Library. I just spent 7 hours rebuilding my library because of iCloud Music Library. So, all those nice things I said about Apple Music earlier? I take it all back. It's the most broken thing I have ever used. I would rather be on the first beta of iOS 7 for the rest of my life than deal with that mess of a service. Apple better fix this before the 3 month trial period expires, or else this service is going to go down the toilet.

</rant>

-Anthony

I used to use iTunes Radio all the time and now with this update half of my saved stations are gone and there's no way to add new ones?! All I see are "recently played" which pisses me off and makes no sense, is that supposed to be the new saved stations or not!

And since there's no way of saving stations do they expect you to search through the genres every time you wanna play a specific station? If so that's horrible and makes me wanna throw it out the window, I used to just switch saved stations while driving without even looking and now I have this crap to deal with.

This new version reminds me more of Spotify which I'm also not a huge fan of, though it's easier to deal with then this. I feel like they've reinvented the wheel with the new interface and/or took away a lot of functionality.

As of right now I think the new Music app is trash, and I hate that they basically ruined the Radio functionality as compared to before.

As for the update itself, no problems with my iPhone or iPad. My mothers iP6 lost dictation functionality though.

Lot of rumors coming out. Should we start a new iPhone 6s thread:

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/07/01/iphone-6s-qualcomm-lte/

It's summer, so it's time for the rumors to fly, and I think we need a thread. An iPhone 6s thread here is the only safe-haven against the Android trolls who will surely throw chipset manufacturing dates at us, and how this and that are "so outdated.". The comment section on that link makes me want to punch a wall.

Sent from my iPhone 6

This Apple Music "follow" feature on the Connect tab is driving me nuts. It automatically set me up to follow 100 artists, based on previous purchases. That's all fine and dandy, but it insists on sending me posts by Moby, Common and Beck. I don't even listen to them and have not purchased any of their music. It will not let me unfollow them because they are not listed in the follow roster in settings. All of the posts are from Moby, talking about how he loves magazines. Who cares? Weird. My OCD can't handle this [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

This Apple Music "follow" feature on the Connect tab is driving me nuts. It automatically set me up to follow 100 artists, based on previous purchases. That's all fine and dandy, but it insists on sending me posts by Moby, Common and Beck. I don't even listen to them and have not purchased any of their music. It will not let me unfollow them because they are not listed in the follow roster in settings. All of the posts are from Moby, talking about how he loves magazines. Who cares? Weird. My OCD can't handle this [emoji31]

I just turned this off yesterday. It was a setting toggle buried somewhere. I think it said "automatically follow new artists" or something. I'm looking for you, but I can't find it anywhere for the life of me. It's not in settings-music, nor the account button in Apple music.

Edit: this isn't what I did, but it may help. It disabled the connect tab completely

http://www.macworld.com/article/2943254/turning-off-connect-makes-apple-music-better.html

Sent from my iPhone 6

I just turned this off yesterday. It was a setting toggle buried somewhere. I think it said "automatically follow new artists" or something. I'm looking for you, but I can't find it anywhere for the life of me. It's not in settings-music, nor the account button in Apple music.

Edit: this isn't what I did, but it may help. It disabled the connect tab completely

http://www.macworld.com/article/2943254/turning-off-connect-makes-apple-music-better.html

Sent from my iPhone 6

I just clicked off "automatically follow artists", thanks...how the hell did I miss that? Cleaned up my "follows" a bit as well, but still showing posts by Moby. Oh well, it could be worse...at least Nickleback isn't assaulting my feed (my apologies to any of their fans)

I just clicked off "automatically follow artists", thanks...how the hell did I miss that? Cleaned up my "follows" a bit as well, but still showing posts by Moby. Oh well, it could be worse...at least Nickleback isn't assaulting my feed (my apologies to any of their fans)

Where was that toggle? I can't find it and it's driving me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Where was that toggle. I can't find it and it's driving me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone 6

The account icon in the upper left, then "Following"

Edit: photo2f03956ebed9f29504443c7d6759b740.jpg

So I thought I might mention... I've been lurking in this thread and have read all of the 164 pages over the past couple months.

While I am an Android guy, I'd like to get my first iPhone to add to my Framily as a new line. Making it my business line (so my G3 number can stay my personal phone number) as well as my MP3 player to replace a super old Gen 4 or 5 iPod Nano. 

Since I own and operate my own mobile DJ and entertainment company, this kills 2 birds with 1 stone (I promise no actual birds will be harmed) as I can have a separate business phone number but also have a backup source of music on the fly.

I had planned on getting a 128GB 6 Plus... but from what you all have said, I'd like to hold off to have the CA capability, maybe even better battery life? 

• Like 1

The account icon in the upper left, then "Following"

Edit: photo2f03956ebed9f29504443c7d6759b740.jpg

That's exactly what I did, but I no longer even see that option. I don't get it.

Sent from my iPhone 6