iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Looks like I just joined the spider cracked screen club [emoji26]

Anyone know of any DIY screen replacement kits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget that if your front facing camera is out of alignment (even if just by a fraction of a mm) Apple may replace the screen for free under warranty. That's what happened with mine back in December.

If the price is around what Apple charges, I would go to Apple. At least you know you're getting a genuine OEM replacement, and work done by a knowledgable technician. Plus, if they screw up, they might just swap the phone. I have a hard time trusting those strip mall cellular shops that sometimes use knockoff Chinese parts from eBay, and charge OEM prices. That's just me, though.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

My brother had his 4s screen replaced.The glass didn't feel as strong. It broke 2 weeks later with a small fall that shouldn't have broken it.

• Like 1

My brother had his 4s screen replaced.The glass didn't feel as strong. It broke 2 weeks later with a small fall that shouldn't have broken it.

Those none OEM screens always break so easily. They're always mad cheap. Drop it slightly and the screen will crack. Either that or the LCD will just randomly shut off. That's why I stopped fixing iPhones with those eBay screens. In the end it's better if the person just goes to Apple.

Zagg invisible shield glass screen protector:

I thought the Spiegen ones were about as good as they can get but I broke two on my 6+ and got a Zagg at Best Buy and I have to say I like it much better. It went on better with much less trouble getting the air bubbles out and a perfect fit/seal to the screen. I'm sold and if it breaks I don't have to buy a replacement like with Spiegen b

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Zagg invisible shield glass screen protector:

I thought the Spiegen ones were about as good as they can get but I broke two on my 6+ and got a Zagg at Best Buy and I have to say I like it much better. It went on better with much less trouble getting the air bubbles out and a perfect fit/seal to the screen. I'm sold and if it breaks I don't have to buy a replacement like with Spiegen b

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

My only complaint about the Zagg screen protector is that it doesn't go edge-to-edge. I realize I got the case-friendly protector, but I didn't think that there would be such a gap... it literally only covers the display area.

My only complaint about the Zagg screen protector is that it doesn't go edge-to-edge. I realize I got the case-friendly protector, but I didn't think that there would be such a gap... it literally only covers the display area.

My only complaint with the Zagg one is it doesn't stick completely down. Their seal is faulty.

Glad I'm still on the version from 3 releases ago

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

The app is crashing on launch… And crashing on viewing threads.

(It appears to miraculously have fixed itself now, though. This stuff is probably why I should turn off automatic updates! Lol)

• Like 1

The app is crashing on launch… And crashing on viewing threads.

(It appears to miraculously have fixed itself now, though. This stuff is probably why I should turn off automatic updates! Lol)

I'm never updating lol

• Like 1

Anyone noticed a slight bend in their phones? Had mine screen down today and noticed it rocked back and forth a little bit. So I took my case off and checked and sure enough right under the volume rocker it's got a slight bend in it.

Regular or plus?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Anyone noticed a slight bend in their phones? Had mine screen down today and noticed it rocked back and forth a little bit. So I took my case off and checked and sure enough right under the volume rocker it's got a slight bend in it.

No bends over here thank god. If I do get a bend best believe I will be going right to Apple for a replacement.

My last one was like that, and my friends brother's phone has what appears to be the same thing. I haven't checked my new one but I did find something odd. The gold is darker than my last one, like more pronounced.

Regular or plus?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Regular. Always in a case. Hardly ever out of it for any extended amount of time. Always in my front pocket and never dropped or abused.

No bends over here thank god. If I do get a bend best believe I will be going right to Apple for a replacement.

Read on the apple forums Apple is NOT replacing any bent phones. I already thought about it cuz even though it's slight I don't need it to get worse and not work on me for some random reason.

My last one was like that, and my friends brother's phone has what appears to be the same thing. I haven't checked my new one but I did find something odd. The gold is darker than my last one, like more pronounced.

I thought this was only happening to the idiots who tried to bend their phones or those who sat on em with it in their back pockets. I take pretty good care of my phone and didn't expect this to happen at all.

I wish Apple would go back to the gold from the 5s. I would but one with it being that color gold. The new color is too light except for on your phone. [emoji12]

I thought this was only happening to the idiots who tried to bend their phones or those who sat on em with it in their back pockets. I take pretty good care of my phone and didn't expect this to happen at all.

I wish Apple would go back to the gold from the 5s. I would but one with it being that color gold. The new color is too light except for on your phone. [emoji12]

My 5S was the same light gold that your are describing. Putting the 2 phones side by side is a very pronounced difference.

My 5S was the same light gold that your are describing. Putting the 2 phones side by side is a very pronounced difference.

All of the colors except silver have been lightened. I've put the Space Grey 5s next to the Space Grey 6 and the 6 looks almost silver compared to the 5s.

To me the 5s is gold and the 6 is more yellow. It just doesn't look right. If I had a choice to change colors I would prolly change from space grey to silver mainly due to the white front.

Quick question: how many of you have most of the "battery consuming features" on. Like background refresh, and location services on most of your apps (which I really don't see the need for in almost all apps)?

I am just curious to see how your battery life is impacted. I seem to get about the same battery life as you guys most days, so if you have them running then I guess apple has set up iOS to get  a decent battery life even with "battery sucking" features on. 

Edit: i have like all of those features off.

All of the colors except silver have been lightened. I've put the Space Grey 5s next to the Space Grey 6 and the 6 looks almost silver compared to the 5s.

That is so weird. I wonder what's up. I guess there truly is variation between batches of cases. The silver is standard anodized, not colored in any way, so that might explain that, but I know they finally changed the gold to darker than my 5S.

To me the 5s is gold and the 6 is more yellow. It just doesn't look right. If I had a choice to change colors I would prolly change from space grey to silver mainly due to the white front.

I'll have to take a picture of the 5S next to my 6 Plus. And yes, the white front on iPhone is much better than black. Gives it a nice touch.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

That is so weird. I wonder what's up. I guess there truly is variation between batches of cases. The silver is standard anodized, not colored in any way, so that might explain that, but I know they finally changed the gold to darker than my 5S.

I'll have to take a picture of the 5S next to my 6 Plus. And yes, the white front on iPhone is much better than black. Gives it a nice touch.

The white front is tiring after a while. The black one is much more subversive especially when watching a show, it's like a mini TV.

The white front is tiring after a while. The black one is much more subversive especially when watching a show, it's like a mini TV.

I have mine covered by a case that's a white matte finish, so I only see the earpiece area and by the home button. It doesn't bother me too bad, it's just the brightness at the lowest setting is still too bright, and the same problem with my MacBook.

This was the reason I did not get the silver model. I like watching shows while I am running at the gym, and this would probably irritate me. 

• Like 1