iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

And on today's iPhone 6 Plus battery life screenshot, *drumroll* :

hjBXu6S.jpg

You've got me beat in standby, but my usage wins. :) And this is with it being in a low-no signal area from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. :P

-Anthony

Lol I had the same usage on my iPhone 6 one time. This was from the other day.

c5cc76be5b970b7e1400970b19e14f63.jpg

Been getting this since I went on to beta 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am thinking of purchasing the iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB Gold.  I have read many complaints from users who claim that the earpiece volume is not loud enough when turned up the entire way.  These individuals say that they realize they have to remove the plastic and have indeed done so. 

Please forgive me if there was a previous post on this thread about an issue with low earpoece volume.  I searched first, but only found a comment about not removing the plastic covering over the earpiece.

From what I have read, this issue appears to be specific to the 6 Plus and not the 6.

Does any owner here feel that the earpiece volume is indeed lacking or inadequate on their 6 Plus?  I work in a lab where fume hoods roar and I want to make sure, before spending that kind of money.  My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is adequate in the envirnment that I use it in, but just wanted to check and see what 6 Plus owners think. 

One more question:  How is the vibrator motor in the 6 Plus?  I can never even feel the one in my Note 4 even with the intensity up to the max. 

A big thanks to all responders!

I have had good luck so far with the 6+.  As Vince said, the volume could be a little louder.  I also have to agree with Vince that the volume depends on the quality of the other party's line that you are connected to.  If it is HD Voice with another Sprint customer, you will have great clarity and volume.  If the other party is using something else, it can vary.  With the vented hoods as background noise, I do not know if there is enough volume to overcome that with any phone.

The vibration mode is quite strong.  Depending where you carry the phone can make a difference.

The only other part I would mention if you decide to go with the 6+ is purchasing a good case.  As you can read on this thread, a good case will pay for itself quickly.

I have had good luck so far with the 6+.  As Vince said, the volume could be a little louder.  I also have to agree with Vince that the volume depends on the quality of the other party's line that you are connected to.  If it is HD Voice with another Sprint customer, you will have great clarity and volume.  If the other party is using something else, it can vary.  With the vented hoods as background noise, I do not know if there is enough volume to overcome that with any phone.

The vibration mode is quite strong.  Depending where you carry the phone can make a difference.

The only other part I would mention if you decide to go with the 6+ is purchasing a good case.  As you can read on this thread, a good case will pay for itself quickly.

Thanks Steve & Dean for your input. 

My Note 4 is of adequate volume near the fume hoods, but not outstanding. The LG G2 & LG G3 are really good in noisy environments. They crank through the earpiece!  

Some owners of the 6 Plus said they had to activate the hearing aid function in order to be gain adequate volume.   Just for laughs, I tried that on the Note 4. It really does a nice job of permanently adding extra volume. On the G2 and G3, the hearing aid function narrows down the frequency response making the earpiece  sound extremely tinny. Of course those two devices are really loud and more than adequate to begin with. 

At least after hearing you both  say the 6 Plus volume is ok and the device has great sound, I'm less apprehensive about the purchase. 

I'll also look for a good case for the device. At $949, I'd hate to destroy it with a single slip of the hand!

Thanks again. 

Applecare+!

That would make his phone 1049 plus tax. Wozers that's a computer

Edited by IsaiahL
  • Like 1

That would make his phone 1049 plus tax. Wozers that's a computer

Yep, that's what I paid, and I have no regrets! :)

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 2

Applecare+!

I want to try and find a clear protective case.  The phone is so awesome looking.  It would be a shame to cover it up.  I am normally not a person who likes gold.  I prefer silver and pewter, but when I saw the white and gold version of the 6+ it was a must have...  The gold is not gaudy or obnoxious at all. 

• Like 1

I want to try and find a clear protective case. The phone is so awesome looking. It would be a shame to cover it up. I am normally not a person who likes gold. I prefer silver and pewter, but when I saw the white and gold version of the 6+ it was a must have... The gold is not gaudy or obnoxious at all.

I have a matte slim case, and it's only for grip. I bought my phone from a guy on swappa, and he included a clear incipio case with it. It's nice, but it so slippery that I can't use it. I have my days where I want to trade for a 6 just so I can go case-less, and actually be able to use the phone without it slipping to the ground. I really shouldn't care, though, as I purchased square trade insurance (basically, AppleCare+ for used phones).

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

I want to try and find a clear protective case.  The phone is so awesome looking.  It would be a shame to cover it up.  I am normally not a person who likes gold.  I prefer silver and pewter, but when I saw the white and gold version of the 6+ it was a must have...  The gold is not gaudy or obnoxious at all. 

http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/iphone/iphone-6-and-6-plus/iphone-6-plus/iphone-6-plus-case-ultra-hybrid.html are my favorite cases.  Good protection, clear and not bulky.  I use the 5S one on my phone.

-edit corrected the link

• Like 1

I want to try and find a clear protective case. The phone is so awesome looking. It would be a shame to cover it up. I am normally not a person who likes gold. I prefer silver and pewter, but when I saw the white and gold version of the 6+ it was a must have... The gold is not gaudy or obnoxious at all.

Tech 21 with the clear back. I have it. And it actually offers protection

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 1

http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/iphone/iphone-6-and-6-plus/iphone-6-plus/iphone-6-plus-case-ultra-hybrid.html are my favorite cases.  Good protection, clear and not bulky.  I use the 5S one on my phone.

-edit corrected the link

That's a nice case!

I use the Apple leather case on my 6+. It's solely for adding grip for the phone. Plus, I do really like this case. I had one for my 5s and love how it adds some grip and some nice style to my phone without making it bulky.

-Anthony

• Like 1

I use the Apple leather case on my 6+. It's solely for adding grip for the phone. Plus, I do really like this case. I had one for my 5s and love how it adds some grip and some nice style to my phone without making it bulky.

-Anthony

I don't think I've seen one for the 6+ in person yet. I also had one for my 5s and liked it, even though it was damn near impossible to remove.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I don't think I've seen one for the 6+ in person yet. I also had one for my 5s and liked it, even though it was damn near impossible to remove.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Oh I remember all too well it's stubbornness about actually being removed from the phone. The 6+'s is much easier. Just gotta know how to remove it. It's a nice case, if you don't mind spending 50 bucks for it.

-Anthony

I have the red silicon one for my silver 6+ and it looks very nice plus I get compliments on it also. But I do want to go and get a leather one.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

It's old news at this point, but there's a technique that I learned to remove the leather case from the 5s, basically put your thumbs horizontally about an inch up from the bottom of the back of the phone and then use your pointer & middle fingers to gently pull up on the bottom lip - it pops right off. You can use the same technique in the 6/6+ cases, but because they're open on the bottom they're much easier to remove (I think so many people had trouble removing the 5/5S cases Apple left the bottom open on the 6/6+ versions - just a theory).

I will mention that I have both the leather and the silicone cases from Apple on my 6 and I love them both. They are both pricey, but I really like having options for cases, it feels like a new phone when I change them out. I would really like to go naked, but I've already broken my screen once, the little devil is like carrying a long ice cube around.

• Like 1

Looks like I just joined the spider cracked screen club [emoji26]

Anyone know of any DIY screen replacement kits?

:(((((((((((

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

I wouldn't attempt it. You might have to eat the cost at Apple. It's $100 I think.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I wouldn't attempt it. You might have to eat the cost at Apple. It's $100 I think.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I was looking on Yelp and there's a place in Barrington that fixes iPhone screens (and has a $10 off coupon!) so I may check them out later this week.

:cry:

Sent from my iPhone 6+

118.96 to be exact. It's well worth it.

I was looking on Yelp and there's a place in Barrington that fixes iPhone screens (and has a $10 off coupon!) so I may check them out later this week.

If the price is around what Apple charges, I would go to Apple. At least you know you're getting a genuine OEM replacement, and work done by a knowledgable technician. Plus, if they screw up, they might just swap the phone. I have a hard time trusting those strip mall cellular shops that sometimes use knockoff Chinese parts from eBay, and charge OEM prices. That's just me, though.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 2