iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Quick question: how many of you have most of the "battery consuming features" on. Like background refresh, and location services on most of your apps (which I really don't see the need for in almost all apps)?

I am just curious to see how your battery life is impacted. I seem to get about the same battery life as you guys most days, so if you have them running then I guess apple has set up iOS to get a decent battery life even with "battery sucking" features on.

Edit: i have like all of those features off.

I keep background app refresh off. Location services I have turned off on a number of apps that don't need it, and as many as I could are set to only when I use the app.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 2

The newest beta has dropped for iOS 8.3 (beta 4 for devs) and it has the Sprint Carrier bundle of 19.0

Maybe they've finally tweaked some things? I'm wondering if band handoffs are fixed with this. Let us know what you notice.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

Maybe they've finally tweaked some things? I'm wondering if band handoffs are fixed with this. Let us know what you notice.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I might just have to join the public beta of 8.3 to see what's up!

• Like 1

The newest beta has dropped for iOS 8.3 (beta 4 for devs) and it has the Sprint Carrier bundle of 19.0

I'll update once I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just for kicks, can you check for wifi calling? Settings-phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

Regular. Always in a case. Hardly ever out of it for any extended amount of time. Always in my front pocket and never dropped or abused.

Read on the apple forums Apple is NOT replacing any bent phones. I already thought about it cuz even though it's slight I don't need it to get worse and not work on me for some random reason.

I thought this was only happening to the idiots who tried to bend their phones or those who sat on em with it in their back pockets. I take pretty good care of my phone and didn't expect this to happen at all.

I wish Apple would go back to the gold from the 5s. I would but one with it being that color gold. The new color is too light except for on your phone. [emoji12]

My friends iPhone 6 was bent very early on and apple replaced it for him, its worth a shot. He also kept his in his front pocket. It was around when all that news about bending was coming out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Will keep that in mind. I think before I waste a drive going in ill check with someone online or over the phone and see what they think is doable.

When he had his replaced, he walked in without an appointment and they replaced it no questions asked. Its one of the reasons I'm really considering switching to an iPhone, Apple's customer service seems top notch.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When he had his replaced, he walked in without an appointment and they replaced it no questions asked. Its one of the reasons I'm really considering switching to an iPhone, Apple's customer service seems top notch.

Did he have Apple Care Plus ? If he has Apple Care Plus then that explains it but if he didn't then POP Hold it down for Apple lol.

Did he have Apple Care Plus ? If he has Apple Care Plus then that explains it but if he didn't then POP Hold it down for Apple lol.

No apple care. The screen was also cracked from when we tried bending it back. He only had it a little while before it happened. I fully expected them to tell him too bad, but they replaced it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

d1b3c50bb454f31b65c365c0e9e14d07.jpg5ac61093441cbeaff813395f1648f262.jpg

I am doing HDR mode on the iPhone 6 and it sure doesn't look like HDR. Am I doing something wrong? These photos were taken with HDR auto. I've turned it from auto to on with the same results.

Forgot to mention. One photo is HDR. One is normal. I can't tell the difference.

Edited by flyer8493

the top one seems to have more/clearer detail in the trees and bird feeder.

also, look at the house, you can see some detail and shadows on the top photo, its all a whited out mess on the lower one.

HDR basically prevents the extreme brights to not overpower the darks.

HDR does not really do much to improve low light per se.

Oh I understand how it all works. Just have read Apple isn't doing anything about it. It may be different than when he forums were originally talking about it but I don't have the time or the money to go find out at this moment. Maybe in the next month or so once the new job starts picking up.

Accidentally updated my iPhone's Tapatalk [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

LMFAOOO, you're screwed bro. Better hope the older versions on your computer.

False alarm!  Must have been because of the App Store issues yesterday. 

Mine said "open" yesterday in the app store and I almost died. I thought I had updated it by accident as well. Fortunately it is still the same.

• Like 1

Mine said "open" yesterday in the app store and I almost died. I thought I had updated it by accident as well. Fortunately it is still the same.

Exactly what happened to me!

• Like 1