iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Yesterday my iPhone 5S got damaged, and with the warranty swapout taking 7 days, I got a new iPhone 6 128GB.

Pretty quickly I noticed the quality control on the phone wasn't great? Where the aluminium band meets the glass it isn't seamless. It's as if the aluminium chipped while being cut. Pretty disappointed to see this. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yesterday my iPhone 5S got damaged, and with the warranty swapout taking 7 days, I got a new iPhone 6 128GB.

Pretty quickly I noticed the quality control on the phone wasn't great? Where the aluminium band meets the glass it isn't seamless. It's as if the aluminium chipped while being cut. Pretty disappointed to see this. Anyone else?

Errrr.... Nope.

Pics maybe? And how's the service!!?!? Any b41 for you?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 1

Errrr.... Nope.

Pics maybe? And how's the service!!?!? Any b41 for you?

Mines pretty seamless lol idk bout you and I've had a screen replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll need a pretty good macro lens which I don't own in my DSLR kit. I think it's going to be tough to show this.

Regards B41, I'm from South Africa so no joining in the fun on that. ;)

They all have that gap. After "bend gate" was discovered, we quickly learned about "beard gate." That gap pinches the hairs off of your beard while on a phone call. I've had it happen, and it sort of hurts. Heh.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 5

So first day in and I must say, I'm enjoying my 6 tremendously. I didn't even hesitate about not getting a 6 Plus. The 6 is right for me. My right thumb just reaches the top corners of the screen so the golden one-hand theorem still applies.

I'd have thought I'd be more accurate with typing off the bat but it's not the case. I guess my brain is learning all over again with the slight key offset.

My wife still has a 5S, of course, and has asked when she's getting her upgrade. ;) Using a 5S now feels slow - I don't know how - which doesn't make sense as the A7 professor was a dragon slayer.

I'm of course using the camera many times a day and enjoying it. I can't tell the difference just yet but my wife thinks the images are sharper. The big thing for me, which leaves me feeling giddy, is the fact that I didn't go for the 64GB but the 128GB titanic. Super awesome. I upgraded my iCloud storage plan to 200GB when the new plans launched some time ago, so no issue there.

Edit: the LTE modem also appears to be more adept than the 5S. On my carrier, the 5S would go into limp mode if LTE was turned on. Essentially my carrier isn't approved by Apple yet. On the 6, while LTE still isn't officially approved, everything is working well and I'm getting some awesome speeds.

1190429403.png

#InLoveWithMy6

• Like 6

It takes some amazing pictures. One of my favorite parts about the 6....

iPhones in general have always been the best camera phones available. I've taken photos with most of today's Android flagships, and they just don't compare.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

Also, I'm sure most of you know about it, but the hidden option, buried in the settings menu to record video at 60fps. The videos that come out of that option are just insanely clear and smooth. It bothers me that you can't quick toggle it by clicking "60fps" in the video record mode. You can toggle this way between 120/240fps in slow-mo mode, but Apple decided to bury the other one. This bothers me. If you're not recording in 60 (settings-photos and camera-record video at 60fps), you're really missing out. They take up more storage, but well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 3

Also, I'm sure most of you know about it, but the hidden option, buried in the settings menu to record video at 60fps. The videos that come out of that option are just insanely clear and smooth. It bothers me that you can't quick toggle it by clicking "60fps" in the video record mode. You can toggle this way between 120/240fps in slow-mo mode, but Apple decided to bury the other one. This bothers me. If you're not recording in 60 (settings-photos and camera-record video at 60fps), you're really missing out. They take up more storage, but well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Oh my god I love you. I have been wondering why my slow mo videos and just videos don't always seem to be as clear as the ones they show in the keynote. Now I know why. I don't give a crap about space, that's why I have a 64 Gb phone lol.

My wife has been having an issue with her 6 and I can't figure out if it is a network issue or the phone because I don't seem to have this problem with my phone nearly as often as she does. Basically at least a couple times a day when she places a call the phone acts like it connects but she hears no ringing or the other side pickup. She will try the call again and it goes through. The other side tells her the their phone rang but they herd nothing when they picked up. Anybody else been experiencing this?

My wife has been having an issue with her 6 and I can't figure out if it is a network issue or the phone because I don't seem to have this problem with my phone nearly as often as she does. Basically at least a couple times a day when she places a call the phone acts like it connects but she hears no ringing or the other side pickup. She will try the call again and it goes through. The other side tells her the their phone rang but they herd nothing when they picked up. Anybody else been experiencing this?

Sounds like what I have problems with here in Pahrump. They fixed it once, but it started happening again, so it's time to call Sprint again.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

##update#. Try it and see what it does. I assume you know this already but it never hurts to try it again. Do it on wifi. Noticed it works a little better than on network.

My problem has been network capacity. And I just did the ##update# a couple days ago, so I know the network is acting up again. There can't be that many people in Pahrump on Sprint. We don't even have a Sprint store here, but Walmart now sells Sprint and stopped selling T-Mobile recently.

Guys, I'm having an issue with sound in videos. Basically a lot of static and not much sound. I've tested the mic with the Voice Memo app and all good there. Any ideas?

Guys, I'm having an issue with sound in videos. Basically a lot of static and not much sound. I've tested the mic with the Voice Memo app and all good there. Any ideas?

I occasionally had a low volume issue, and then I discovered a fix. The Facebook app was causing some kind of interference with audio output. I'd be streaming Spotify or SiriusXM with the low volume, close Facebook, and the volume immediately returned to normal.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

So I started by resetting all settings...no joy. Then I deleted all non-Apple apps...no change. Finally I wiped my phone (after burning 30GB data doing an iCloud restore) and set it up as a new phone. The sound issue persists. So I've just handed my phone back and now have TWO phones in for assessment and I sit with nothing (granted the first phone was my fault).

This sucks.

So I started by resetting all settings...no joy. Then I deleted all non-Apple apps...no change. Finally I wiped my phone (after burning 30GB data doing an iCloud restore) and set it up as a new phone. The sound issue persists. So I've just handed my phone back and now have TWO phones in for assessment and I sit with nothing (granted the first phone was my fault).

This sucks.

Do you not live near an Apple Store? They would have swapped it out on the spot.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

The iStore in my country isn't the real deal, I don't think. They leave much to be desired.

In a small (embarrassing) update, I figured out what the problem was. I should have googled before going in! :(

So it turns out the plastic film protecting the back of the phone also obstructs the microphone. The new video microphone. It's not the same one used for normal voice or for Audio Notes! Doh!

For the first time Apple didn't cover the camera so most people thought it'd be okay to leave the film on except for the microphone hole.

I reckon they should have a flyer in the box educating about these small (but important) things.

The iStore in my country isn't the real deal, I don't think. They leave much to be desired.

In a small (embarrassing) update, I figured out what the problem was. I should have googled before going in! :(

So it turns out the plastic film protecting the back of the phone also obstructs the microphone. The new video microphone. It's not the same one used for normal voice or for Audio Notes! Doh!

For the first time Apple didn't cover the camera so most people thought it'd be okay to leave the film on except for the microphone hole.

I reckon they should have a flyer in the box educating about these small (but important) things.

What country do you live in. I know the Apple store around the world aren't that abundant like here in the US.

How long does it take for DSU unlocks to be processed?

If they actually did it, and did it properly, it's usually instant with a profile update. If not, give it an hour.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

If they actually did it, and did it properly, it's usually instant with a profile update. If not, give it an hour.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Ok. Thanks. Wish I had a SIM card to test it on. We got my friends 5S unlocked.

What country do you live in. I know the Apple store around the world aren't that abundant like here in the US.

South Africa.

• Like 2