iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

People should know about it. iCloud backups are in my top 3 reasons why other phones suck. I have zero fear of losing my phone, and subsequently, losing all my data. Other phones can't do that without a magic spell, a prayer, and jumping through flaming hoops.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 2

People should know about it. iCloud backups are in my top 3 reasons why other phones suck. I have zero fear of losing my phone, and subsequently, losing all my data. Other phones can't do that without a magic spell, a prayer, and jumping through flaming hoops.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Android has the same thing but you have to make sure you select the option of your gmail and not save to phone. It's not instant like iCloud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Android has the same thing but you have to make sure you select the option of your gmail and not save to phone. It's not instant like iCloud.

Every single aspect of your phone? Every single photo, setting, folder arrangement, alarms, app data, etc.? Or just the apps that you've downloaded, and the basics like contacts and calandar. And is it every single android on the market? Or just a select few.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Every single aspect of your phone? Every single photo, setting, folder arrangement, alarms, app data, etc.? Or just the apps that you've downloaded, and the basics like contacts and calandar. And is it every single android on the market? Or just a select few.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

From the short time I had my M8. I could back up my settings (for the phone not apps) and contacts via my gmail. But I had to make sure that my gmail was selected as the source to back it up. If I added a new number it'll give me a option save to phone or gmail. If you don't select your email your either SOL or I hope you have a good memory if in the case you need your phone replaced. Now when it comes to photos that relied on the phone maker. HTC had their own backup system for your photos, apps and etc. I would assume that Samsung, lg and whoever else makes android phones have their own system on backing up your info. Idk if Google has their own all in one backup similar to iCloud.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Since Lollipop, everything can be backed up. Folders, apps, settings, arrangement, WiFi, contacts etc. Photo back up has to be turned on if you've never used the option within the photos app.

Every time I reset my Nexus, during the Lollipop set up it asks if I want to restore and which device I want to restore from. I haven't tried restoring my Nexus from my G2 or Tab 3 backups so I'm not sure how well it works between vastly different devices but the option is there. I'm not sure I would even want to try it, since my tablet has a lot of pre installed bloat from Samsung that I don't want on my phone.

There's also a an option to copy another device via NFC, but I haven't had the chance to try it since each time I have been re flashing the new system image on the same phone. I realistically won't be able to try it until I upgrade to a new device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That about par for the course. It's nice not even thinking about plugging in when you're out and about, isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Definitely gonna have to downgrade my battery life hasn't been that good in forever

Not to ruin the moment, but your screenshot shows that your phone was plugged in for some period of time since the last full charge...therefore it's kinda pointless

In my experience, if the phone is plugged in for longer than 10-20 minutes but not fully charged, it just shows a "—" for the usage times rather than the "iPhone has been plugged in" message. So his phone probably wasn't plugged in for very long.

Is there a way to check screen on time in battery stats?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

"Usage" is screen on time, and screen off audio streaming. Standby is time off the charger since 100%

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 2

In my experience, if the phone is plugged in for longer than 10-20 minutes but not fully charged, it just shows a "—" for the usage times rather than the "iPhone has been plugged in" message. So his phone probably wasn't plugged in for very long.

If you reset or power off, you lose all stats until you charge to 100% again.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

ec5da36e85759ca6bb9e5c30d62e1888.jpg

How's this for battery life? Of course, I've been sleeping most of the afternoon since I'm sick.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 1

ec5da36e85759ca6bb9e5c30d62e1888.jpg

How's this for battery life? Of course, I've been sleeping most of the afternoon since I'm sick.

Meh. On a plus, you should be around 7-8 hours usage at that point. That's where I've been at lately with moderate to heavy usage.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Meh. On a plus, you should be around 7-8 hours usage at that point. That's where I've been at lately with moderate to heavy usage.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Take my weaker phone signal into account. I'm 5 miles and 40 ft tall trees away from my cell site.

"Usage" is screen on time, and screen off audio streaming. Standby is time off the charger since 100%

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Thanks. I've been seriously considering taking the plunge and trying out an iPhone for the very first time. Sprint offered me a $50 bill credit if I lease or buy an iPhone 6 with easy pay. Since 5.0 my standby battery life has tanked though usage time has improved. It seems like the iPhone gets significantly better battery life which would be a huge plus.

Is the 16GB model adequate? I've been using the 16GB version of the Nexus 5 for a while and never really came close to using all of the memory. My music is usually streamed, or cached for offline use in Spotify and Google Play and pictures stay on the cloud in Photos. By far my biggest storage hog is my nandroid back ups, but I'm not sure if iOS has something similar (or if its really even necessary).

Thanks. I've been seriously considering taking the plunge and trying out an iPhone for the very first time. Sprint offered me a $50 bill credit if I lease or buy an iPhone 6 with easy pay.

Is the 16GB model adequate? I've been using the 16GB version of the Nexus 5 for a while and never really came close to using all of the memory. My music is usually streamed, or cached for offline use in Spotify and Google Play and pictures stay on the cloud in Photos. By far my biggest storage hog is my nandroid back ups, but I'm not sure if iOS has something similar (or if its really even necessary).

iPhones have iCloud backup for apps and pictures. 16gb is okay but it's not something id recommend things take up space really quick.

• Like 1

I did ok today - made it with a full charge and room to spare.

0ed702169b79d64c937cd7ebd4d9d89a.jpg

I have a job interview at a building with a NV upgraded tower (B26! B41!) about 1/8-1/4 mile away. I can't wait to see what that means for my battery life... I may have a useful device at work after all!

• Like 2

I am thinking of purchasing the iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB Gold.  I have read many complaints from users who claim that the earpiece volume is not loud enough when turned up the entire way.  These individuals say that they realize they have to remove the plastic and have indeed done so. 

Please forgive me if there was a previous post on this thread about an issue with low earpoece volume.  I searched first, but only found a comment about not removing the plastic covering over the earpiece.

From what I have read, this issue appears to be specific to the 6 Plus and not the 6.

Does any owner here feel that the earpiece volume is indeed lacking or inadequate on their 6 Plus?  I work in a lab where fume hoods roar and I want to make sure, before spending that kind of money.  My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is adequate in the envirnment that I use it in, but just wanted to check and see what 6 Plus owners think. 

One more question:  How is the vibrator motor in the 6 Plus?  I can never even feel the one in my Note 4 even with the intensity up to the max. 

A big thanks to all responders!

I am thinking of purchasing the iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB Gold...

Honestly, it could stand to be a little bit louder. Are there phones that are quieter? Sure. Are there phones that are louder, and possibly more "tinny" sounding? Probably. It's fine. The important part is the audio quality. It's crystal clear. Pair that with Sprint-to-Sprint HD voice, and you're good. The vibrate motor is fine, too. I also work in a loud environment (truck driver), and without the led notification flash turned on, I would probably miss some calls. When I'm out and about, and in a quieter environment, I can usually hear the phone, and feel the phone vibrate with no problem--more so if I'm sitting, and the phone is tight to my leg. You could always try it for the 14 days and return it if it's not satisfactory. You'll get hit with a re-stocking fee, though.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

I did ok today - made it with a full charge and room to spare.

I have a job interview at a building with a NV upgraded tower (B26! B41!) about 1/8-1/4 mile away. I can't wait to see what that means for my battery life... I may have a useful device at work after all!

And on today's iPhone 6 Plus battery life screenshot, *drumroll* :

hjBXu6S.jpg

You've got me beat in standby, but my usage wins. :) And this is with it being in a low-no signal area from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. :P

-Anthony

And on today's iPhone 6 Plus battery life screenshot, *drumroll* :

hjBXu6S.jpg

You've got me beat in standby, but my usage wins. :) And this is with it being in a low-no signal area from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. :P

-Anthony

You also have a lot more battery than I do! ;)

I think my next phone may be the 6S Plus... I'd love to have the extra battery capacity and bigger screen. I bought the 6 because the jump to the 6 Plus would feel pretty unnatural, but now that I'm using a 6, I think I could handle the Plus.

• Like 2