iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Battery seems to be dying fast. Probably going to revert back to 8.2 lol.

I'll give it a few though

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

I just updated to beta 3 of 8.3 I'll letchu guys know how the battery life is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You guys were right about the Apple Watch app. It doesn't fit and its incrediblely ugly. They should made it a downloadable app because for those of us who don't have the Apple Watch and don't plan on getting one, we're stuck with the app on our phone's

I just updated to beta 3 of 8.3 I'll letchu guys know how the battery life is.

Well mine is sucking. Lol. Not sure if it's indexing or what but I'll be back to 8.2 shortly

Well mine is sucking. Lol. Not sure if it's indexing or what but I'll be back to 8.2 shortly

Just give it some time. Maybe let your phone die completely charge it completely back to 100% then see how your phone fairs.

Just give it some time. Maybe let your phone die completely charge it completely back to 100% then see how your phone fairs.

NAh. I am going back to 8.2 right now. I wasn't even using my phone for 3 minutes and it dropped down almost 5%. I'm not having that when just the other day on 8.2 my phone sat for 7 hours on stand by with 1 hour 30 min of usage and still had over 90% left. Pass.

Back to 8.2 <3....And as for wifi calling. I no longer need it, but I can see where it is needed in some places. Most of my phone calls are awesome, because I contact people who have sprint. Whenever I call my mom who has ATT, it sounds like shit. Really crazy how much a difference it makes.

• Like 1

For anyone who has stopped getting tapatalk notifications, I have found the fix (I think): every once in awhile, tapatalk was prompting me to "notify me every time a subscription was posted to" (or something along those lines). It's a tapatalk box, and not an iOS message, so I kept hitting "not now." Getting alerts for every single subscribed post is annoying (unless that's what you want). I noticed tapatalk wasn't listed under settings - notifications, and I thought to myself "this app has never asked me to approve notifications like every other app." So, when that box popped back up, I decided to try out the "notify me" button. After clicking that, I got the iOS alert asking me to allow tapatalk notifications. Now, tapatalk is listed in settings - notifications. I don't know how to get that tapatalk box to pop up when you want, because it seemed pretty random. But if it does, hit the blue "notify me" button. Someone, please like this post so I can see if it's fixed. I'll edit back.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Edit: it's working! Back in business

• Like 2

Wait Josh why exactly have you had 3 iPhone 6 Plus'? I must've stopped reading when you discussed this, care to fill me in?

Wait Josh why exactly have you had 3 iPhone 6 Plus'? I must've stopped reading when you discussed this, care to fill me in?

Last October, when I picked up my first iPhone 6+, it would not connect to iCloud, iMessage wouldn't activate, and would crash on setup if I tried to enable Find My iPhone. So about 28 hours later I had it swapped out at the Apple Store.

Then, last week, phone #2 started heating up to close to burn at the touch, then on March 9, it got so hot I couldn't touch the phone, except for the edges of the case. Cooled it off with the car a/c both times. Then on my way home to Nevada when I left on the 11th, it did it again, but just not as hot.

When I took it in to Apple, they ran the diagnostics and the temp sensor said the max temp was 32 Fahrenheit. That was impossible. So they swapped it out again yesterday.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 2

Last October, when I picked up my first iPhone 6+, it would not connect to iCloud, iMessage wouldn't activate, and would crash on setup if I tried to enable Find My iPhone. So about 28 hours later I had it swapped out at the Apple Store.

Then, last week, phone #2 started heating up to close to burn at the touch, then on March 9, it got so hot I couldn't touch the phone, except for the edges of the case. Cooled it off with the car a/c both times. Then on my way home to Nevada when I left on the 11th, it did it again, but just not as hot.

When I took it in to Apple, they ran the diagnostics and the temp sensor said the max temp was 32 Fahrenheit. That was impossible. So they swapped it out again yesterday.

Wow. And here I was bitching about my front facing camera not being aligned. I would go with 8.2 Its been doing great for me with battery life. I won't upgrade to the beta 

• Like 2

Wow. And here I was bitching about my front facing camera not being aligned. I would go with 8.2 Its been doing great for me with battery life. I won't upgrade to the beta 

Apple updated my phone to 8.2 yesterday when they set it up. I didn't really get a say. :(

Apple updated my phone to 8.2 yesterday when they set it up. I didn't really get a say. :(

Yesterday I did a DFU restore, because that is the only way I know how to get out of a beta. I tried restoring from back up and realized I had just done an iCloud back up prior to doing the DFU restore....I tried doing it like 3 times and then it clicked that I can't restore to 8.2 from an iCloud back up that was on 8.3. Fortunately there was still a stored back up from the previous day around 3 which was running 8.2, so I didn't really lose anything. I should really start doing back up s on my computer every now and then so I can revert back to a previous iOS if something really goes crazy. 

Yesterday I did a DFU restore, because that is the only way I know how to get out of a beta. I tried restoring from back up and realized I had just done an iCloud back up prior to doing the DFU restore....I tried doing it like 3 times and then it clicked that I can't restore to 8.2 from an iCloud back up that was on 8.3. Fortunately there was still a stored back up from the previous day around 3 which was running 8.2, so I didn't really lose anything. I should really start doing back up s on my computer every now and then so I can revert back to a previous iOS if something really goes crazy.

I only do backups to my Mac for my iPhone. Maybe I should do iCloud backups too.

Glad you had an extra backup to restore from.

I only do backups to my Mac for my iPhone. Maybe I should do iCloud backups too.

Glad you had an extra backup to restore from.

I find it amazing on how many people do neither. They have no idea what a back up is, or how to use iCloud. I bought the 99 cent 20 gb storage the day it came out, and haven't worried about an iCloud back up since. I want to get the 3.99 one but I don't see the need for that much space. I still wish apple would give out more space for free, or at least have unlimited photo back up on iCloud, and everything else like apps, messages, email data, etc take up iCloud space. 

You don't have to do a DFU restore, all you have to do is download the IPSW file of whichever update you want to go to. Hold shift and click restore. A window will pop up, go to wherever you have the IPSW file located and click on it. Simple. That's how I do my updates and restores. I never restore from backup. I often find that when I do that my phone is buggy.

You don't have to do a DFU restore, all you have to do is download the IPSW file of whichever update you want to go to. Hold shift and click restore. A window will pop up, go to wherever you have the IPSW file located and click on it. Simple. That's how I do my updates and restores. I never restore from backup. I often find that when I do that my phone is buggy.

I've always had issues doing that from beta though. I probably never do it right though. I remember when I was running a beta I tried about 4 times to downgrade and it WOULD not let me do it. It would go through the process and then slap me in the face and go right back to the beta version.

I don't mind a DFU restore though. It clears out any "other" that accumulates over time.

Edit: in fact. I ended up bricking my 4s, and that is why I got my 5. But according to Sprint, I dropped it in the water. I was amazed they gave me full buy back value for it. Probably because I said to the guy I would buy the 5 at full retail lol.

• Like 1

I find it amazing on how many people do neither. They have no idea what a back up is, or how to use iCloud. I bought the 99 cent 20 gb storage the day it came out, and haven't worried about an iCloud back up since. I want to get the 3.99 one but I don't see the need for that much space. I still wish apple would give out more space for free, or at least have unlimited photo back up on iCloud, and everything else like apps, messages, email data, etc take up iCloud space.

People don't know what iCloud is because when they purchase the phone and set it up they just click ignore everything and the Apple people never explain it. It's even worse when you buy it from the service provider they just click no for everything and most people are too busy or scared to mess with their settings.

• Like 1

People don't know what iCloud is because when they purchase the phone and set it up they just click ignore everything and the Apple people never explain it. It's even worse when you buy it from the service provider they just click no for everything and most people are too busy or scared to mess with their settings.

I had somewhat of a clue what iCloud was when I got my 4s but didn't bother to set it up. When the iPhone 5 came out I went to the Apple Store to buy one an the guy helping me opened my eyes to it. He asked if I had my iCloud backed up before I switched phones and I said no I don't use it I just back up on my computer. He broke it down how I can save my numbers and stuff on it and that's when I saw the light. I backed up my contacts on iCloud on my 4s before activating my 5 and once we got to the new phone, I got to the iCloud screen and signed in and my contacts popped it.

iCloud is very useful besides contacts and I think Apple and other retail channels should push it when people come to buy iPhones and iPads. It's worry free especially when you have get a new phone cause your old one is damaged.

• Like 1