Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

*Source­(s) indicate a high probability of a the number of 90XS designations around those locations*   ;)

Are they online yet? If not then I'll wait. But if they are then something is wrong because I shouldn't be getting 0.53Mbps down during the day on an iPhone 6s.

Are they online yet? If not then I'll wait. But if they are then something is wrong because I shouldn't be getting 0.53Mbps down during the day on an iPhone 6s.

Probably not yet since the effects of the  CAPEX ramp up are just only beginning to be felt.

There are thousands of small cells already proposed throughout all the markets in addition to new macros that are going through the processes. 

It's no use to wait if the service does not work for you right now. Do what you need to do. 

• Like 2

Interesting how the Intel Modem has support for CDMA.

Fact Sheet: https://newsroom.intel.com/newsroom/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2017/02/XMM7560-Fact-Sheet.pdf

Qualcomm could very well find itself on the outside for this year's iPhone....

I am sure they will. Is the Intel modem available this year? I just read the pdf. It is sampling in the first half and will be going into production soon afterward. I am not sure it will make it into the new iPhone. But if anybody can do it it will be Intel.

Edited by bigsnake49

I am sure they will. Is the Intel modem available this year?

I am assuming that Apple and Intel would really be pushing it to get this out. I am rooting for Intel, especially after the chicanery of patents Qualcomm is pulling has come to light. Someone needs to knock Qualcomm down a notch.

Also, Qualcomm SOC's suck compared to both Exynos and especially compared to A Series. Even MediaTek is starting to get close to Snapdragon SoC performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

I think a lot of it for me right now is that the network just isn't cutting it lately. My service has been very unreliable data wise in the NYC metro area lately and the CAPEX guidance has not really helped my confidence. Meanwhile Verizon is still king based on just about every test metric, and T-Mobile has really picked up steam. You cannot deny the progress T-Mobile has made these last few years. This is most likely why Son is willing to cede control of Sprint in a merger. Sprint just does not have the competitive edge it had. It is leveraged to the hilt.

Most people on the forum say NY is great for Sprint with coverage and speed. When I was there last summer I didn't have any issue with service except on the Subway.

• Like 1

Most people on the forum say NY is great for Sprint with coverage and speed. When I was there last summer I didn't have any issue with service except on the Subway.

Maybe in the city but the greater metro area leaves a lot to be desired. Where I live in NJ they've done nothing to improve coverage in years.

I am assuming that Apple and Intel would really be pushing it to get this out. I am rooting for Intel, especially after the chicanery of patents Qualcomm is pulling has come to light. Someone needs to knock Qualcomm down a notch.

Also, Qualcomm SOC's suck compared to both Exynos and especially compared to A Series. Even MediaTek is starting to get close to Snapdragon SoC performance.

Well for the S6 and Note 5 you are correct, the Shannon modem is great. I saw a sizable difference between my S7 and Note 5 signal wise with the Note 5 winning by a landslide. I'm not a big fan of Qualcomm, Samsung makes a better in house SoC.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I guess Intel is not ready to move to 10nm process yet. I don't blame them. Not that much of a jump between the 14nm process and the 10nm process. 

I guess Intel is not ready to move to 10nm process yet. I don't blame them. Not that much of a jump between the 14nm process and the 10nm process.

But then does Apple just bite the bullet and pay exorbitant sums for X16? Ugh.

Qualcomm has been quite the whipping boy over their SoC performance on r/Android and if people investigated what they did on RF that would likely escalate.

Maybe Apple could specify that X16 is only used on carriers that can deploy that capability or just limit X16 to the US, China, Japan, and Australia while providing Intel to the rest of the planet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If the reaction here and on reddit is any indication this quarter is going to be really tough for sprint.

People are upset because they care and want to see Sprint do better.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Interesting how the Intel Modem has support for CDMA.

Yes, Intel's (previously Infineon) modem division also acquired the CDMA/3GPP2 intellectual property of VIA Telecom.

Now, that there is some good technology.  Enjoy.

:P

AJ

• Like 3

i hate snap dragon...really...they go back to a quadcore....thats like from the mid 2000s....we need more computing power not less...

i hate snap dragon...really...they go back to a quadcore....thats like from the mid 2000s....we need more computing power not less...

The iPhone was dual core until last year, and the iPhone 7 is quad core but only uses 2 cores at a time depending on whether you need high performance or battery efficiency. More cores does not always mean better performance, otherwise AMD would be everyone's go to. It's all about instructions per cycle efficiency, and that's something Apple & Snapdragon have really mastered.

• Like 5

Apparently you can get 20% of your already discounted Tmobile bill if you're a new port-in?   

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/5vejfn/megathread_20_off_tmobile_hookup_offer/?st=izgg6ipf&sh=14506f5c

Where is T-Mobile finding all this money from to do this? It can't last, right?

Where is T-Mobile finding all this money from to do this? It can't last, right?

You need a code from an employee to get it though which not a lot of people have in the first place so it's not really something a lot of people can take advantage of. I'm sure if it got out of hand, T-Mobile would likely stop it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

All of the CDMA carriers are trying like hell to move on from CDMA not because of the technology but because of Qualcomm. They have to double pay Qualcomm twice. First all the equipment has a build in license fee plus the carrier has to be pay a license fee for using the technology.

I hope like hell that Intel & Mediatek become alternatives to Qualcomm because Qualcomm are just...bastards.

• Like 1

You need a code from an employee to get it though which not a lot of people have in the first place so it's not really something a lot of people can take advantage of. I'm sure if it got out of hand, T-Mobile would likely stop it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

True. But you've got employees on the T-Mobile Subreddit giving them out like candy...

Perhaps what happened to Framily will happen here. As I recall, Sprint didn't anticipate that people would share the Framily codes online in such great numbers with people they didn't know... and they didn't expect that many accounts to reach 7-10 lines.

I'm not sure how Sprint didn't see that would happen.

So perhaps the party will last for a bit and then T-Mobile will shut it off?

• Like 2

True. But you've got employees on the T-Mobile Subreddit giving them out like candy...

Perhaps what happened to Framily will happen here. As I recall, Sprint didn't anticipate that people would share the Framily codes online in such great numbers with people they didn't know... and they didn't expect that many accounts to reach 7-10 lines.

I'm not sure how Sprint didn't see that would happen.

So perhaps the party will last for a bit and then T-Mobile will shut it off?

I know our local Sprint store encouraged us to share on social media. They also would save the ID numbers and give them to smaller account to help both sides out.

More cores does not always mean better performance

This simple phrase can't be stressed enough.  People are conditioned to view higher numbers as better certainly, but 'more' is not unequivocally better in every possible situation/scenario.

• Like 3

I think the most surprising thing that I've found when going back to look [emoji102] at T-Mobile customer numbers was that their ABPU is 7% lower than Sprint, their ARPU is 17% lower than Sprint's, and their postpaid phone numbers went up through the entirety of Uncarrier from 20 million to 32 million. That's barely more than Sprint. The largest engine of their growth has been prepaid.

Sprint would be in a better position if not for the past bad debt and bad decisions.

• Like 4