Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I think the most surprising thing that I've found when going back to look [emoji102] at T-Mobile customer numbers was that their ABPU is 7% lower than Sprint, their ARPU is 17% lower than Sprint's, and their postpaid phone numbers went up through the entirety of Uncarrier from 20 million to 32 million. That's barely more than Sprint. The largest engine of their growth has been prepaid.

Sprint would be in a better position if not for the past bad debt and bad decisions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yet Sprint's operating income is $310M, while T-Mobile's is $3.8B. Those numbers, IIRC, wouldn't be affected by debt repayment or taxes, only net income would be.

Yet Sprint's operating income is $310M, while T-Mobile's is $3.8B. Those numbers, IIRC, wouldn't be affected by debt repayment or taxes, only net income would be.

It is intriguing to see where the numbers lead in things like this. That said, the mass of Verizon customers in the consumer end is staggering. Verizon has 100+ million postpaid lines and 72% of it is consumer. That's 72 million lines held by consumers. Verizon is doing unlimited IMO because that 72 million was starting to get chipped away.

To contrast, AT&T sits at million 27 consumer lines and the rest is business mobility, 50 million lines.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This simple phrase can't be stressed enough. People are conditioned to view higher numbers as better certainly, but 'more' is not unequivocally better in every possible situation/scenario.

A10 has just as many cores as Kyro but kills it in performance especially on single core.

So LTE-U interesting.

Seems again TMO is talking less and doing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an exciting time for LTE if you're with T-Mobile, they never seem to miss a beat. VZ and AT&T are trying stuff, but they're too fixated on 5G right now to pump more out of what they currently have.

Tmobile operating income for the last quarter is not 3.8 B or any quarter in the company's history.  Leave your financial numbers analysis to those who know.  

Tmobile operating income for the last quarter is not 3.8 B or any quarter in the company's history. Leave your financial numbers analysis to those who know.

I didn't say quarter, I didn't say anything. It was for the entire year, so don't assume I don't know how to google and read English.

• Like 1

It's an exciting time for LTE if you're with T-Mobile, they never seem to miss a beat. VZ and AT&T are trying stuff, but they're too fixated on 5G right now to pump more out of what they currently have.

I find it funny when Tmobile trying to make people think their coverage is AS good as Verizon or AT&T.  Let's be real. 

I didn't say quarter, I didn't say anything. It was for the entire year, so don't assume I don't know how to google and read English.

Read your English again, you are comparing Sprint's one quarter to Tmo's ENTIRE year.  Again, leave it to the pros. 

So LTE-U interesting.

Seems again TMO is talking less and doing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per Sherif Hanna of Qualcomm, this is only going to be deployed in small cells for the conceivable future. T-Mobile only has 1000 of those in the field, a far smaller number than either Verizon or Sprint. T-Mobile has to ramp up small cell deployment for LTE-U to be seen much. There's another 7000 small cells contracted but we all know the delays that pop up in the small cell process.

Also it will only be supported by X16 devices initially. Perhaps XMM 7560 later in the year. That means only GS8 since X16 is likely limited to Snapdragon 835 which is limited to GS8 initially.

• Like 1

Sprint's annual income statement posted in March 2016:

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/s/financials?query=income-statement

You are terrible at this.  You are comparing March 2016 (Sprint) data to December 2016 (Tmobile) data. 

I am going to stop responding to you until you know how bad you are at this. 

You are terrible at this. You are comparing March 2016 (Sprint) data to December 2016 (Tmobile) data.

Have you ever heard of reporting financial statements at the end of the FISCAL year? Which ends in MARCH?

The only one who has no idea WHAT they're talking about is you.

• Like 1

Have you ever heard of reporting financial statements at the end of the FISCAL year? Which ends in MARCH?

Sprint's fiscal year has not ended as of December 2016, Mr. Smart. Tmobile has as of December 2016.  

Add up the last 4 quarters of Sprint's data from January to December 2016 if you want to compare apples to apples. You pull the data on march 2016 (Sprint's last completed) fiscal year and tell me Tmo completed fiscal year number dated Dec. 2016. 

Why am I wasting my time! I wonder sometimes why we rank at the bottom of the chart in STEM for developed nations.  I am experiencing it first hand today. LOL

Sprint's fiscal year has not ended as of December 2016, Mr. Smart. Tmobile has as of December 2016.

Add up the last 4 quarters of Sprint's data from January to December 2016 if you want to compare apples to apples. You pull the data on march 2016 (Sprint's last completed) fiscal year and tell me Tmo completed fiscal year number dated Dec. 2016.

Why am I wasting my time! I wonder sometimes why we rank at the bottom of the chart in STEM for developed nations. I am experiencing it first hand today. LOL

Okay then Sprint's operating income is $310M for the 2015 fiscal year, NOT THE QUARTER when you were blatantly WRONG, and T-Mobile's was $2B for the year of 2015. I was wrong on T-Mobile's number but I didn't come out swinging based on the assumption that I was posting a quarterly result. You acted like you're superior and more educated, and you're still wrong on your assumption. And you know what they say about people who assume, so do us both a favor and stop talking.

You are terrible at this.  You are comparing March 2016 (Sprint) data to December 2016 (Tmobile) data. 

AJ

• Like 13

Both of you two knock it off right now. Neither of you is completely right here, but one is way more on the right track than the other.

Comparing T-Mobile's 2016 to Sprint's 2015 isn't an apples to apples comparison as you've only got one quarter that actually overlaps (T-Mobile's 1st Quarter for 2016 and Sprint's 4th Q for 2015). What you need to do when two companies have different fiscal years is something to normalize the reporting period you are looking at. With T-Mobile's year ending on a more traditional 12-31, and especially with that being the most recent reporting quarter for both companies, something much more appropriate to do would be to take Sprint's trailing-twelve-months (TTM). That is much more of an apples to apples comparison than soon to be year old data versus data concluding 2 months ago.

Okay then Sprint's operating income is $310M for the 2015 fiscal year, NOT THE QUARTER when you were blatantly WRONG

It was $311 million for the latest quarter though hence his confusion. To him, you were either comparing Sprint's quarter ending 12-31 (their 3rd) to T-Mobile's entire year ending 12-31 (2016) or you were comparing Sprint's 2015 fiscal year operating income ($310 million) to T-Mobile's 2016. Neither looks great on an apples to apples scale...

• Like 4

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-and-ericsson-to-demonstrate-live-high-speed-gigabit-class-data-speeds-over-lte-tdd.htm

This gigabit speed -- does sprint need to update the towers or everything is ready to go, except for backhaul?

How would 256 QAM even be possible on Clearwire equipment? I don't think I've seen a SNR of more than 10 dB unless I'm staring at the cell tower.

The iPhone was dual core until last year, and the iPhone 7 is quad core but only uses 2 cores at a time depending on whether you need high performance or battery efficiency. More cores does not always mean better performance, otherwise AMD would be everyone's go to. It's all about instructions per cycle efficiency, and that's something Apple & Snapdragon have really mastered.

is that why the iphone usually has better battery life

How would 256 QAM even be possible on Clearwire equipment? I don't think I've seen a SNR of more than 10 dB unless I'm staring at the cell tower.

My SNR right now is 27.0db on a -94dbm Band 25 signal. For some reason SNR is super high is Boston when compared to NYC. Perhaps it's due to the high density of sites there.