Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Some have even come where the first 6 digits are the same as my phone number (area code + first 3)

Holy crap! I've been getting this too. It's easy to spoof a number but I'm assuming it's a local agency in my area that buys a numbers list and calls you with a similar number because one of the spam callers was actually a legit Air Conditioning service in Houston!

Holy crap! I've been getting this too. It's easy to spoof a number but I'm assuming it's a local agency in my area that buys a numbers list and calls you with a similar number because one of the spam callers was actually a legit Air Conditioning service in Houston!

I was only getting calls from one number that said hp support on the caller id...answered it and it was a foreigner that started off the conversation work, hi I'm with customer support, you bought computer from us, you remember? I had heard about a spam that gets you to say yes and they edit the recorded call to make it look like you agreed to pay for something and charge charges to you somehow..but any way i said no i don't remember..he said you bought computer protection plan from us, yes? I said no again..he tried to tell me computer had dangerous virus and asked if i was neat my computer and I said no again..he then asked why not? That's when i went off on him..lol..what kind of customer support ask why not..any way looked it up and apparently hp was hacked but they didn't release any info to their customers to warn them..i just blocked the call and they call from the same number daily and it just shows up on the top of the phone as missed call now without ever ringing.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

10 years with Sprint and I am saying farewell to them.   I signed up with Verizon last night.   Just waiting for our new phones to come in before it's final.    I loved Sprint and wanted to see them turn into the #1 or #2 carrier, but after years of slow LTE buildout, and them not caring for current customers, I just had to say goodbye once Verizon brought this deal back.    

I don't post much, but I'll still be around to read up on Sprint.   I like going for the underdog, so I hope Sprint fixes it's issues soon.   Maybe one day I'll be back on Sprint, but till then, I'll be on Verizon.

If Sprint had released new pricing for existing customers with the HD Streaming and 10 GB Hotspot at the same time it was announced for newer Unlimited Freedom customers, perhaps you might have not left...

This should have been handled much better for current customers.

• Like 2

Yes I have as well. I dont answer them though.

Some have even come where the first 6 digits are the same as my phone number (area code + first 3)

Especially in the last week. Ive been trying to figure out how they got my number

I get 2 to 3 a week that match the first six numbers of my phone.

I never answer them and immediately block the number for calls and text. Have never received a second call from any of the numbers. Also get a few that say "reported as spam" wish more were that way.

The strange thing is that none of the other lines on my account get them so that has me wondering what the connection is.

I've never received a spam caller on my mobile until you all started talking about it. Thanks guys. ;)

Actually now that I think about it.. My phone never rang - I got a voice mail notification and transcript from Google Voice. O_o

• Like 1

With autopsy, right? And you have "premium resolution" everything and the 10GB hotspot?

I don't have autopay enabled. I have an employee discount but that just brings my per line charges to $55 and $35 respectively. I have 10GB hotspot but I can't find "premium streaming" anymore. It's not under add services anymore and it doesn't even pop up when I'm analyzing my plan. It's just gone as far as I can tell and it probably got included automatically.

I should also note that I didn't have to switch to anything on my own. I just went online and it was there.

Crazy to read how many Sprint customers are leaving. Looks like a lot of us depended on the subsidies to stay on Sprint. With that removal and Verizon being basically the same price as Sprint's current unlimited plan (for existing customers), I can understand there's little reason to stick around.

• Like 5

Did the new plans roll out for existing customers? I didn't see it this morning when I looked.

No official word yet from Marcelo on his Twitter or Sprint on its Twitter.

This is an important day/announcement for retaining longtime customers... if this isn't handled well, I'm concerned about what the metrics will show during the next Earnings Report.

• Like 1

Crazy to read how many Sprint customers are leaving. Looks like a lot of us depended on the subsidies to stay on Sprint. With that removal and Verizon being basically the same price as Sprint's current unlimited plan (for existing customers), I can understand there's little reason to stick around.

Perhaps Verizon's plan was to build up a giant cash pile over the years with fees/overages and launch Unlimited just as Sprint ended Contracts. It was a well executed plan... of course, we'll see if its network can really handle it.

Sprint needed to have an answer for this ready to go to offer current customers. It didn't. I honestly believe Sprint got caught totally flatfooted. Hopefully we get a good deal from Sprint today. If we don't, I think there's going to be a real issue with people porting out.

• Like 1

I desperately want to jump this ship. Can't get parents onboard though, they never had any other service provider than Sprint so they find the whole process complex

you handle it for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What did you guys expect was going to happen? It was posted here since late last week what we were going to get today. They gave you 10GB and premium streaming while being cheaper than Verizon so what's the complaint now, that they couldn't get you off of ED1500? That sounds like a personal problem.

• Like 6

What did you guys expect was going to happen? It was posted here since late last week what we were going to get today. They gave you 10GB and premium streaming while being cheaper than Verizon so what's the complaint now, that they couldn't get you off of ED1500? That sounds like a personal problem.

I'd switch to a $60 Unlimited, 10GB hotspot, HD video streaming plan in a second!

• Like 1

Hey, when you've been with Sprint for nearly 20 years and your bill is at $270, and everyone else has better service and the rates are better PLUS integrated tax or free phones, the grass looks much more greener. Sprint isn't terrible but they're not trying to keep us with them, it's like our loyalty means nothing to them meanwhile current customers on other networks get all sorts of bells and whistles. I'm not asking for free stuff on Tuesday or movie tickets for friends or whatever, but if you can cut my rate to $230 and maybe possibly throw in hotspot, that would be pretty nice.

• Like 5

I desperately want to jump this ship. Can't get parents onboard though, they never had any other service provider than Sprint so they find the whole process complex

Or pay for your own service?

• Like 3

I think people are seeing how comparable the prices are but the networks are in different leagues. For instance today I am working from my office just north of White Plains, NY. With LTE in the field I get 0.83Mbps down and 1.65 Mbps up. My co-worker on Verizon has 35Mbps down and 42 Mbps up. Her bill is roughly $5 more than me. And lately these slow speeds are expanding on Sprint and when I call they have noted an 'LTE issue' in the area. 

• Like 2