Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Sprint is having a big blow the roof off sale (thats seriously what its called)...

Yes, great marketing slogan.  For a corporation located in Kansas.  During the height of severe weather season.  Blow the roof off.  It could happen.  Literally.  Severe thunderstorms, hail, tornadoes are common occurrence around these parts.

AJ

• Like 4

My dad's 5s died, so he went to Sprint to see what we can do. On ED1500 currently, he was offered to switch to the new XXL 40GB plan. All four of us are still on contract, but apparently the manager is able to waive the contract access fee on all my lines? Is this part of this big sale or is a separate thing Sprint started doing? I asked for it on paper as proof but got nothing, and I'm full of doubt.

My dad's 5s died, so he went to Sprint to see what we can do. On ED1500 currently, he was offered to switch to the new XXL 40GB plan. All four of us are still on contract, but apparently the manager is able to waive the contract access fee on all my lines? Is this part of this big sale or is a separate thing Sprint started doing? I asked for it on paper as proof but got nothing, and I'm full of doubt.

My father switched from ED1500 to the Unlimited $75 in the middle of a contract. My guess is that they want people on the newer plans as much as possible.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Lol small world. I have no affilcation with them i just saw it on twitter on marcelos page.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Does the G5 promo still require adding a line on Saturday?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wait til this weekend. There's supposed to be a sale of buy one, get one free.

As far as switching, I would keep the ED1500 as long as possible if you're still using subsidies. Buy a cheap Nexus to carry him over. That was my strategy when my S5 bit the dust last month. I'm up for an upgrade in July and the Nexus seems to be holding a good aftermarket value. I may just take this puppy South of the border since the Nexus ain't cheap down there.

I called Sprint sales about this "#Sprintsaysthanks" event.  They knew NOTHING about it.  I picked up a flyer from 2 different stores that say you had to add a line to get the second iPhone 6S for free but didn't say anything about adding another line for the free LG G5.  I had a sales person sign it.  All I wanted to know is if this is the same promotion that they are having on the G5 that expires on June 9th. 2 hours between the phone call and stopping in at the stores.   Called sales again and said if I go to the store tomorrow and it is not honored I just have to call customer care.    I'm bringing water and snacks.  This shouldn't be that difficult.  

I called Sprint sales about this "#Sprintsaysthanks" event. They knew NOTHING about it. I picked up a flyer from 2 different stores that say you had to add a line to get the second iPhone 6S for free but didn't say anything about adding another line for the free LG G5. I had a sales person sign it. All I wanted to know is if this is the same promotion that they are having on the G5 that expires on June 9th. 2 hours between the phone call and stopping in at the stores. Called sales again and said if I go to the store tomorrow and it is not honored I just have to call customer care. I'm bringing water and snacks. This shouldn't be that difficult.

Every BOGO I've ever seen required adding a line, which is why I never saw the appeal. If

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

• Like 1

Every BOGO I've ever seen required adding a line, which is why I never saw the appeal. If

Mildly truncated... :D The Sprint website clearly says it requires adding at least one new line and installment billing.
  • Like 1

Only 2-3 major cities covered by the end of 2017? That doesn't seem like that much, considering the relative ease and low cost of small cells.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Not 2or3.....2/3rds

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Holy cow. I haven't seen a WebOS device in so long, let alone a Pre3. Mine should still be in a drawer somewhere. How's it holding up after this many years? Was always concerned about its durability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Holy cow. I haven't seen a WebOS device in so long, let alone a Pre3. Mine should still be in a drawer somewhere. How's it holding up after this many years? Was always concerned about its durability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very well. It isn't my everyday phone, so it doesn't get a lot of abuse. I try to be extra careful with the Pre3 since there aren't too many left to replace it. I do have a couple of spares I was fortunate enough to find for good prices. My only lament is I can't use them on Sprint. Edited by Grabber5.0
  • Like 1

Supreme Court rejects Sprint bid to set aside New York tax suit

10:48 AM ET • S • Jason Aycock

The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal by Sprint (S +4.5%) of an attempt by New York state to collect $300M in a tax case.

The state says Sprint deliberately didn't bill customers for taxes on wireless service over seven years, amounting to more than $100M, and it's seeking triple that amount in total damages and penalties. Sprint had argued that federal telecom law applied rather than a New York law imposing sales tax on interstate mobile service.

The decision leaves in place an October ruling in favor of New York.

So Sprint will have to write a check of 300 millions to the state of New York when they are scrambling for funds.

• Like 1

Supreme Court rejects Sprint bid to set aside New York tax suit

10:48 AM ET • S • Jason Aycock

The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal by Sprint (S +4.5%) of an attempt by New York state to collect $300M in a tax case.

The state says Sprint deliberately didn't bill customers for taxes on wireless service over seven years, amounting to more than $100M, and it's seeking triple that amount in total damages and penalties. Sprint had argued that federal telecom law applied rather than a New York law imposing sales tax on interstate mobile service.

The decision leaves in place an October ruling in favor of New York.

So Sprint will have to write a check of 300 millions to the state of New York when they are scrambling for funds.

That money was already set aside when that case came up, and the trial hasn't started yet. So don't go jumping into conclusions before the book is finished.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

That money was already set aside when that case came up, and the trial hasn't started yet. So don't go jumping into conclusions before the book is finished.

It is still a lot of money to lose even though it was set aside. If Sprint loses this case, that is a lot of money to lose which otherwise could go to building a stronger network. Hopefully Sprint will win this though.

• Like 1

Softbank will sell $7.9 worth of Alibaba shares. Also a recent report says that they are interested in unloading the Swedish game company. Wonder what that means for Sprint

Billion?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It is still a lot of money to lose even though it was set aside. If Sprint loses this case, that is a lot of money to lose which otherwise could go to building a stronger network. Hopefully Sprint will win this though.

Fighting the tax man is a hard proposition.

• Like 2

Billion?

I got the email notifier and was wondering..."why sell $7.90 worth of stock..."..

Food for thought...what if the stock sale is a push to give Sprint a load of cash..Maybe they said the CAPEX was 3bn when in actuality they privately plan to put 10bn in a drastic push to surpass Verizon. It's wishful thinking..

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Son is divesting some of his stake in Alibaba for the trouble they brought upon themselves in the last couple of weeks.

• Like 1

Son is divesting some of his stake in Alibaba for the trouble they brought upon themselves in the last couple of weeks.

Which trouble are we referring to here?