Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Since when in the new stadium have you gotten $8 seats?  That place is practically the US Treasury.

Did you score a sweetheart, "opposite" deal on tickets?

AJ

Weeknight games, usually pick up the tickets cheap on Stubhub.

Hmmmm... Happy to see Sprint trying things, but their old idea was a pretty good one in my opinion as long as their threshold was low on when to add B41. Nothing makes my cringe more than seeing B41 in the middle of nowhere. The reason I say this is because it costs money to deploy and to have that level of fiber available. For a company with a lot of debt, just doesn't make sense to deploy where you do not need it (example: markets with B25 ~12 mbps or greater).

One would hope they give priority to the markets and areas with the best ROI.

• Like 1

Seems like SoftBank is footing the bill on this somehow.

It's all apart of the Next Gen network plan which SoftBank is covering.

SoftBank does not "cover" anything.  They approve a child company's spending as the majority owner with Masayoshi Son as Chairman/father.  Sprint still takes on the tens of billions of dollars of debt to build the network.

SoftBank does not "cover" anything.  They approve a child company's spending as the majority owner with Masayoshi Son as Chairman/father.  Sprint still takes on the tens of billions of dollars of debt to build the network.

Yes, but isn't SoftBank creating vehicles to offload that debt from Sprint's Balance Sheet?

Yes, but isn't SoftBank creating vehicles to offload that debt from Sprint's Balance Sheet?

The vehicles provide cash in the form of (hopefully low interest) loans specifically for device/equipment purchases and network buildout.  Since more cash goes out of Sprint and than comes in, the threat was that the company would literally run out of cash to keep the lights on.  To get more cash, Sprint might have needed to issue more high-interest company bonds (debt) that my buyers may not want or issue more shares (at really low prices diluting current shareholders).  Running out of cash is accelerated my the new leasing and Easy Pay plans that force Sprint to buy full-price devices up front and then wait for customers to pay for it in installments.

The SoftBank-engineered vehicles will in theory handle all those cash transactions (such as upfront payment for devices), thus leaving Sprint still being able to pay its other day-to-day bills (such as employee paychecks! and interest payments on older debt from banks, etc.) with cash while adding more "paper" debt to Sprint's balance sheet.

It's all apart of the Next Gen network plan which SoftBank is covering. Crazy how Marcelo didn't necessarily care about speeds but that's quickly changing

Dont be surprised if a rumor comes out again that sprint is being shopped.

As much a we say we dont care about the epenis

Its very much important. Att/vzw have coverage and speed. Tmo has blazing speed where available. All of tmo commercials are about speed. Vzw about coverage and att about the strongest lte. Where does that leave sprint? Commercials about we have the most spectrum/capacity- but its so slow you cant use it? Or we have it like others have said but we dont use it. Sprint will deploy get the speed up and then it wouldnt surprise me if they came back with "tired of your network slowing down? Sprint has the most capacity and fastest speeds out of all national carriers" cough cough

SPRINT SPEED..... remember???

• Like 2

Interesting results on Dads vs Moms. My experience has always been it is Moms who push for kids to have phones earlier than Dads do (at least in the group of friends I have)

• Like 2

As much a we say we dont care about the epenis

Its very much important. Att/vzw have coverage and speed. Tmo has blazing speed where available. All of tmo commercials are about speed. Vzw about coverage and att about the strongest lte. Where does that leave sprint? Commercials about we have the most spectrum/capacity- but its so slow you cant use it? Or we have it like others have said but we dont use it. Sprint will deploy get the speed up and then it wouldnt surprise me if they came back with "tired of your network slowing down? Sprint has the most capacity and fastest speeds out of all national carriers" cough cough

SPRINT SPEED..... remember???

Some here, don't care about epenis contests. Speed test wars are for T-Mobile trolls.

Sent from my SM-N910T

Edited by Houston_Texas
  • Like 2

Wow I don't see how users on t-mobile are running out of data since so much of it is whitelisted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Wow I don't see how users on t-mobile are running out of data since so much of it is whitelisted

Netflix and Youtube aren't. I think Youtube @1080p60fps can use something like 1.5 GB/hr or higher. If you watch Twitch streaming it can DEFINITELY get way up there since it is not as optimized as Netflix/Youtube.

Music doesn't pull even close to the data video does which is why the whole whitelisting of music is really not all that big of a deal except for people who stream higher quality music a TON.

• Like 3

It's also due to pricing. An Unlimited Plan on T-Mobile is $80/month vs. $60/month on Sprint (and $50/month for those "iPhone for Life" people as part of the iPhone 6 launch).

• Like 7

It also likely means that non unlimited Tmo customers are more likely to buy smaller buckets. Either because they cannot afford them, or because they can live with running through their caps because of throttling. But I still thoroughly enjoyed the graphic.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

• Like 8

I think this shows that Tmobile has a good model that others should adopt. Having expensive overages or overages at all is something I could never switch to. I do appreciate that Sprint has unlimited though which is one of the reasons that Sprint is on the bottom of this report.
  • Like 2

I think this shows that Tmobile has a good model that others should adopt. Having expensive overages or overages at all is something I could never switch to. I do appreciate that Sprint has unlimited though which is one of the reasons that Sprint is on the bottom of this report.

Not really. If one doesn't want overages, has AT&T got a deal for you on Cricket or GoPhone. Who the hell wants T-Mobile over that? Unless you're in markets like Vegas or Denver. (Edit: This doesn't apply to people who require postpaid benefits)

On the other side, they have some of the most abusive unlimited users continuously running speedtests and gulping gigabyte after gigabyte. Don't forget throttling (deprioritization).

Also, unlimited is not in the future. No to most of what T-Mobile does. Where will their network be in a few years? How much more can they do in the meantime while it buckles all over the place and still doesn't exist in others? They've already failed to meet their mid-year goal and are still urban-centric as opposed to Sprint who is improving their entire network and has massive work ongoing and ahead of them. 

Edited by cortney
  • Like 3