Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Again. Equipment differences and deployment differences. It is not true everywhere and for every carrier. It's not a significant power restriction regardless. At most it's within a few single digits RSRP difference between single mode and dual mode operation.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Even less dense networks in my area such as Verizon and AT&T manage to have their B2 and B4 out do B25 by 2-3 miles. That small difference sure seems to make a big difference in reality, unless of course the real issue is the power is turned down lower then it should be or downtilt is incorrect...
  • Like 2

Even less dense networks in my area such as Verizon and AT&T manage to have their B2 and B4 out do B25 by 2-3 miles. That small difference sure seems to make a big difference in reality, unless of course the real issue is the power is turned down lower then it should be or downtilt is incorrect...

Again. Network deployment differences. No two deployments or setups are apples to apples.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Don't get me started about fried chicken.  It's even worse.  I do weigh over 300 lbs. for a reason.

Italian bread.  Onion rings.  Three wishbones.  Spaghetti.  German potato salad.  German cole slaw.  Diet Coke.

;)

AJ

• Like 4

Again. Network deployment differences. No two deployments or setups are apples to apples.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That doesn't really address or even acknowledge what I'm getting at... I just wanna know what the hold up is for optimizing B26, and even B25. The last thing I heard was Nextel repeaters still being live interfering with B26, ok fine, but even that is apparently taking forever to take care of so include that with my wanting to know what the hold up is. Unless of course making what they already HAVE work to its best ability is just not a priority at all...

I tend to be like Marcelo in the matter of wanting to GET THINGS DONE and why signal optimization isn't one of them drives me crazy. And apparently leaving the network hasn't helped as it's still driving me nuts watching from AT&T. In fact I think becoming more intimate with the other networks has only made it worse.

That doesn't really address or even acknowledge what I'm getting at... I just wanna know what the hold up is for optimizing B26, and even B25. The last thing I heard was Nextel repeaters still being live interfering with B26, ok fine, but even that is apparently taking forever to take care of so include that with my wanting to know what the hold up is. Unless of course making what they already HAVE work to its best ability is just not a priority at all...

I tend to be like Marcelo in the matter of wanting to GET THINGS DONE and why signal optimization isn't one of them drives me crazy. And apparently leaving the network hasn't helped as it's still driving me nuts watching from AT&T. In fact I think becoming more intimate with the other networks has only made it worse.

It does. Because what im addressing is what dual mode does for sprints own equipment. Not comparison to others.

In addition if you're happy with another carrier then so be it. It provides you with what you need while another (sprint) does not.

Cut your stress and go on forwards and vote with your wallet for the superior network which gives you a superior experience.

Sprint is #4 for a reason and its their constant failure to execute on time and in a manner that provides the best results for the customers .

Edit: oh and the answer is Ericsson network management. It's always their fault! [emoji21]

Mumble mumble null of sector mumble mumble no funding to adjust sectors.. Mumble mumble

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 9

Edit: oh and the answer is Ericsson network management. It's always their fault! [emoji21]

Mumble mumble null of sector mumble mumble no funding to adjust sectors.. Mumble mumble

Sent from my Nexus 5

Essentially all partners that isn't Samsung and Nokia suck, if only Sprint can ditch everyone and still with those two!

It does. Because what im addressing is what dual mode does for sprints own equipment. Not comparison to others. In addition if you're happy with another carrier then so be it. It provides you with what you need while another (sprint) does not. Cut your stress and go on forwards and vote with your wallet for the superior network which gives you a superior experience. Sprint is #4 for a reason and its their constant failure to execute on time and in a manner that provides the best results for the customers . Edit: oh and the answer is Ericsson network management. It's always their fault! [emoji21] Mumble mumble null of sector mumble mumble no funding to adjust sectors.. Mumble mumble Sent from my Nexus 5

The problem is I want to like them!

I wonder if anyone here knows who manages at&t's network, do they manage their own? I've heard Ericsson is their equipment vendor in Chicago.

The problem is I want to like them!

I wonder if anyone here knows who manages at&t's network, do they manage their own? I've heard Ericsson is their equipment vendor in Chicago.

Everyone use a Ericsson for network management purposes but they do a lot of things in house and Ericsson acts as an auxiliary in that they provide additional manpower and support when needed. None of them wholesale outsourced everything out.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Everyone use a Ericsson for network management purposes but they do a lot of things in house and Ericsson acts as an auxiliary in that they provide additional manpower and support when needed. None of them wholesale outsourced everything out.

Sent from my Nexus 5

How/Why did Sprint make the decision to outsource everything out to Ericsson?

I have so much more renewed faith with Sprint after last night. I went out to a bar with my friend, and my sprint data ran circles around my friends AT&T data service. Funny thing is her phone showed full bars of lte and so did mine. But I do understand that signal bars you can't really go by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I have so much more renewed faith with Sprint after last night. I went out to a bar with my friend, and my sprint data ran circles around my friends AT&T data service. Funny thing is her phone showed full bars of lte and so did mine. But I do understand that signal bars you can't really go by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I could say that, the bar I frequent is maybe half a mile from the nearest tower and I'm barely able to hold onto 3G. It's a fully upgraded tower too but Sprint doesn't know how to optimize. :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I wonder if people who go off on a tangent about signal reception inside a building ever consider the materials used in the making of a building that they are in. Some buildings these days act like faradays' cage in that signals don't get in and out to well, so before you go blasting whoever, think about that.

• Like 4

Wish I could say that, the bar I frequent is maybe half a mile from the nearest tower and I'm barely able to hold onto 3G. It's a fully upgraded tower too but Sprint doesn't know how to optimize. :(

That sucks big time especially when being out in and about in areas like that. For me sprint works great in Columbus Ohio. That place I went to was the first time i went there but then again I don't like going to bars really.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

That sucks big time especially when being out in and about in areas like that. For me sprint works great in Columbus Ohio. That place I went to was the first time i went there but then again I don't like going to bars really.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If they would just turn B26 up a bit I think I would be OK, probably won't happen though.

• Like 1

I wonder if people who go off on a tangent about signal reception inside a building ever consider the materials used in the making of a building that they are in. Some buildings these days act like faradays' cage in that signals don't get in and out to well, so before you go blasting whoever, think about that.

That's why I'm excited about small cells. The South Coast Plaza, probably the most popular mall in OC, drops to 3g or Roaming almost instantly when walking indoors even though it is surrounded by macro cells.

Part of the issue I see with B26 optimization as it stands is that Sprint often has to use B26 for capacity when they'd get optimal coverage boosts out of optimization for coverage. That's a big reason why 8T8R and small cells for B41 is so important. The more traffic Sprint can get onto B41 off the other bands, the better off B25 and B26 are. That way Sprint can then extend B25 and B26 coverage when most of the capacity is handled by B41.

• Like 4

Full bars in a bar?  AT&T loves bars.  More bars in more bars in more places.

AJ

• Like 13

On top of that, they'd inflate the signal on their devices. Something that would yield a 1 bar signal on Sprint would be full signal on AT&T. :rolleyes:

True but T-Mobile inflates their signal more than any other carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 2

I can't tell if Sprint launched a 2nd B25 carrier in Boston but my speeds are even better than they were last year on B25. I'm easily getting 12-17Mbps on average around campus on B25.

Load balancing is also great as I do find I'm on Band 25 a lot more than back home in NYC. I also connect to Band 41 pretty regularly but I haven't run any speed tests yet. It also seems that sites have been optimized around here for better indoor penetration because I rarely drop down to Band 26 indoors now.

• Like 3

Full bars in a bar?  AT&T loves bars.  More bars in more bars in more places.

Yeah they pushed that for a while, I think it ran into zoning issues.

AT&T.  A Tanqueray & Tonic.

AJ

• Like 2