Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Forgot to mention that was on virgin mobile.

Why would they change it? Spark sounds cooler than enhanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MVNO's possibly have some 'network management' applied?  Just an off the cuff guess - I really have no idea.  

Here is the blurb on 'enhanced LTE' straight from Virgins website:

2ecox7q.jpg

Was sprint's lte any better before they got 800mhz lte?

maximus, what does this have to do with anything?  Honestly, it smacks of your typical deflection tactics:  instead of addressing criticism of T-Mobile, redirecting the same or similar at Sprint.

Now, if you are referring to the T-Mobile "islands of LTE" comment, you can be more specific in your quote.  You should stop posting so much from your handset.  Get on a real computer, man.  Fix your lazy posting and quoting practices.

And, yes, Sprint's LTE was much better even before any band 26 activity.  While T-Mobile LTE -- just like W-CDMA before it -- was confined to big cities, Sprint had band 25 not only in big cities but also in smaller towns, along highways, in rural areas, etc.  Before or after band 26, Sprint has not had "islands of LTE."

AJ

• Like 1

maximus, what does this have to do with anything? Honestly, it smacks of your typical deflection tactics: instead of addressing criticism of T-Mobile, redirecting the same or similar at Sprint.

Now, if you are referring to the T-Mobile "islands of LTE" comment, you can be more specific in your quote. You should stop posting so much from your handset. Get on a real computer, man. Fix your lazy posting and quoting practices.

And, yes, Sprint's LTE was much better even before any band 26 activity. While T-Mobile LTE -- just like W-CDMA before it -- was confined to big cities, Sprint had band 25 not only in big cities but also in smaller towns, along highways, in rural areas, etc. Before or after band 26, Sprint has not had "islands of LTE."

AJ

So sprint's lte (rollout) is so much better than tmo (rollout) that it continues to lose postpaid phone subs?

I concede: I will get better lte on sprint when I go to Florida or visit my cousin a few times a year.

So sprint's lte (rollout) is so much better than tmo (rollout) that it continues to lose postpaid phone subs?

I concede: I will get better lte on sprint when I go to Florida or visit my cousin a few times a year.

You just did it again.  Deflection and redirection.  Hey everyone, look at that red…or is it Magenta...herring.  You cannot help yourself.  You are a lost cause, terrible at legitimate argumentation.

AJ

• Like 2

Sprint might be the only carrier to keep unlimited data longer since they own an average of 120mhz 2.5ghz Spectrum.

I have an unlimited plan with Sprint not because I want to consume 10 to 20gbs every month,but because I don't want to worry about overages. Regardless I only use less than 3gbs every month.I use WiFi only at home.

except Sprint can't seem to make that 2.5GHz spectrum work outside of a city.... or rather in un-even terrain.  

You just did it again. Deflection and redirection. Hey everyone, look at that red…or is it Magenta...herring. You cannot help yourself. You are a lost cause, terrible at legitimate argumentation.

AJ

I addressed the islands of lte. You're right. It's much better to have rural lte and lose postpaid subs. Can't argue with that logic.

http://androidcentral.com/sprint-expand-delivery-and-set-service-nyc-san-francisco-and-denver-june

All three are priority markets so it's not surprising that they'll be expanded to next.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Good for marketing, but why not use that money for densification? Unless that's why Marcelo went to Japan?

Good for marketing, but why not use that money for densification? Unless that's why Marcelo went to Japan?

This is not an either or choice for Sprint. This (along with with SprintShack) allow them to reach potential customers and ultimately add and keep subscribers. Densification while great (and I want more details about it yesterday), can not be the only focus for Sprint to thrive... 

• Like 5

You do realize that customers are NOT leaving because of LTE rollout, they are switching carriers in major markets where T-Mobile is a viable option.

Your customer in a small town who gets token T-Mobile service will not switch.

• Like 1

No amount of money thrown at "densification" will create it overnight. That stuff is being worked on in tandem. 

• Like 2

You do realize that customers are NOT leaving because of LTE rollout, they are switching carriers in major markets where T-Mobile is a viable option.

Your customer in a small town who gets token T-Mobile service will not switch.

Yes I do, thus my comment

I really am curious to see how the end of 2015 pans out for all the carriers. Verizon is on a holding pattern, waiting to deploy their newly purchased AWS to supplement their network, AT&T is doing whatever the hell they are doing, Sprint is densifying their network, and T-Mo is doing the EDGE->LTE conversions. 

• Like 5

Fantastic news.

Has anyone on this forum tried using it yet?

Im going to call global support tonight, but I still dont know if free texting is ONLY to US numbers (instead of local numbers), and how one ensures that they dont accidentally roam into a non-free area.

Fantastic news.

Has anyone on this forum tried using it yet?

Im going to call global support tonight, but I still dont know if free texting is ONLY to US numbers (instead of local numbers), and how one ensures that they dont accidentally roam into a non-free area.

What if I travel outside the International Value Roaming countries/destinations?

Users with International Value Roaming traveling outside of the International Value Roaming countries will not be able to use their device. Customers will need to chat with a Sprint representive before traveling to a non-International Value Roaming country to have their roaming plan changed to allow usage outside of countries not included with International Value Roaming

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/FAQs_about_Sprint_International_Value_Roaming/8fc1976f-831b-44a4-ab93-d1b3c36c39a3?INTNAV=IVR_LP#!/

• Like 1

Users with International Value Roaming traveling outside of the International Value Roaming countries will not be able to use their device. Customers will need to contact Sprint World Wide before traveling to a non-International Value Roaming country to have their roaming plan changed to allow usage outside of countries not included with International Value Roaming.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/international-value-roaming/#!/

Im not talking about outside that country, but outside an area within the country where the partner service exists.

In Mexico, Spring offers the free GSM roaming, but also paid CDMA roaming.

Verizon is on a holding pattern, waiting to deploy their newly purchased AWS to supplement their network

I wonder how many more panels can they throw up on their sites, most of them around here have 5...

AT&T is doing whatever the hell they are doing

I think they have begun (or may be planning to begin) deploying WCS equipment for band 30.

• Like 2

P.S....Anyone notice on the coverage map on Sprint that there is now LTE coverage in nTelos land on Sprint's map....This is showing Charleston and Beckly, WV areas... Or am I just late to the party? LOL

DgYwa93.png

• Like 5

I wonder how many more panels can they throw up on their sites, most of them around here have 5...

I think they have begun (or may be planning to begin) deploying WCS equipment for band 30.

I think they are starting their own network modernization project as well. At some point every carrier will need to do so.

P.S....Anyone notice on the coverage map on Sprint that there is now LTE coverage in nTelos land on Sprint's map....This is showing Charleston and Beckly, WV areas... Or am I just late to the party? LOL

I didn't notice this, Sprint may be announcing something soon.

I think they are starting their own network modernization project as well. At some point every carrier will need to do so.

Even on "modernized" sites here, they still have minimum 4 antennas per sector. Either 2 giant 700/850 antennas + 2 smaller AWS/PCS (I see this setup on really new VZW sites put up in the last 2 years or so, most recent being the one put up near me a couple of months ago), or 1 giant (I assume 700) + 1 slightly smaller (I assume legacy 850) + 1 small (I assume AWS/PCS) + 1 tiny (I assume legacy PCS).

Of course, Verizon's vendor here is Ericsson and it may be different in their ALU regions. (Does anyone know their vendor zones?)

New site setup (From what I've seen at other VZW new sites one small antenna is for PCS and the other is for AWS, so I'm not sure why one of them is not connected. Perhaps this site is LTE-only and the PCS antenna is inactive until they refarm? Edit: I just noticed the one recently put up near my house also has one small antenna disconnected. Maybe I should put this in a new thread in premier?)

kkSS15S.jpg

"Modernized" legacy setup (the upper rack obviously, the lower one is T-Mobile)

7bwlwra.jpg

These are the only two setups I've seen for Verizon, and it would appear that 4 antennas is the max on most non-lattice sites around here.

(Oh, and sorry for the huge photos.  :blush: )

• Like 3