Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Ooooh,  Claure is headed to Japan to finalize New Network plan with Masa.  

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/597685514255212544

I'm hoping they release this information soon.  I'm dying to know what the plans are for expansion, densification, and roaming. 

EDIT: Who's KingClaure?  His oldest son?

• Like 1

I'm hoping they release this information soon.  I'm dying to know what the plans are for expansion, densification, and roaming. 

EDIT: Who's KingClaure?  His oldest son?

Yeah, KingClaure is his oldest son. From a previous marriage.

• Like 1

When Claure returns from his trip and has the new network plan in hand, can we split that news off into a different thread for discussion?  :tu:

• Like 2

There are already at least 2 devices that can essentially do what you want.

Nexus 6, and iphones.

You may not be able to do it simultaneously, however you can simply pop in different sims into these phones when unlocked and therefore 'test drive' any service that you can get a sim for.

When Claure returns from his trip and has the new network plan in hand, can we split that news off into a different thread for discussion?  :tu:

You do not like this thread's 216 glorious pages and 4300 on topic posts?

It will serve as great research fodder when I get my book deal for "The S4GRU Story: How Robert and AJ Cracked Open Sprint, Educated the Nation about Network Vision, and Pissed Off Many Magentans in the Process."

;)

AJ

• Like 17

All the decisions he has made and NOW to Japan???

Lets hope this is the big one we were hoping for... 

He has Masa believing in him and now masa will give sprint some extra cash to go big on expansion and network improvements...

• Like 4

Arora's appointment and Son's conviction that SoftBank will continue to look overseas for growth indicates that the parent company is going to continue to invest in Sprint's success. "From now on, our focus will be set overseas, we will be a global SoftBank," Son said.

via http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/softbanks-son-names-arora-his-successor-says-company-will-continue-looking/2015-05-11

Looks like Son will invest more into Sprint via network expansion and acquisitions. 

• Like 9

A very awkward quote:

"I won't be retiring yet, and Nikesh may pass away tomorrow in a car accident. I can't comment on when and in what form, but I'm certain that he is the primary candidate to succeed me," Son said, according to the [/size]Wall Street Journal.[/size]

• Like 5

via http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/softbanks-son-names-arora-his-successor-says-company-will-continue-looking/2015-05-11

Looks like Son will invest more into Sprint via network expansion and acquisitions.

There is no son quote in that article indicating this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no son quote in that article indicating this.

Agreed.  But more for the evidence pile that SoftBank is sticking it out with Sprint and moving forward.

• Like 2

As well as being the largest investor in Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd, SoftBank has plans to invest $10 billion in India's potentially huge but under-developed online retail market.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/softbank-posts-9-percent-drop-065014774.html?.tsrc=applewf

Hopefully after the meeting we'll hear a concrete number for sprint like the one softb gave for India.

Agreed. But more for the evidence pile that SoftBank is sticking it out with Sprint and moving forward.

Also agree.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/aac64fde-f7aa-11e4-8bd5-00144feab7de.html?ftcamp=traffic/partner/feed_headline/us_yahoo/auddev&siteedition=intl

Paywall

Son states 3 months ago he wasn't sure sprint was gonna turn it around.

But now says he's confident

• Like 1

Why does the Fierce Wireless website often crash my Uverse connection on my gateway? I have to access it through mobile to keep it from happening. It never crashes unless I go there.

• Like 1

Why does the Fierce Wireless website often crash my Uverse connection on my gateway? I have to access it through mobile to keep it from happening. It never crashes unless I go there.

AT&T must hate Fiercewireless for their magenta agenda.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 11

The Magenta Trolls on Fierce Wireless cause many people and devices to puke.  Your Uverse gateway cannot handle the trolling and gets sick when reading the comments there.  This same issue occurs at least daily in many people and their devices who do not wear Magenta or have Magenta colored skin.  It is to be expected and should be put in the AT&T FAQ.  I can handle it because the buzzard in my profile picture has Magenta colored skin.

• Like 4

AT&T must hate Fiercewireless for their magenta agenda.

I coin a new portmanteau:  "Magenda."  The tech press' "Magenda" is showing.

AJ

• Like 10

The Magenta Trolls on Fierce Wireless cause many people and devices to puke.  Your Uverse gateway cannot handle the trolling and gets sick when reading the comments there.  This same issue occurs at least daily in many people and their devices who do not wear Magenta or have Magenta colored skin.  It is to be expected and should be put in the AT&T FAQ.  I can handle it because the buzzard in my profile picture has Magenta colored skin.

So that is why I haven't been feeling well lately, makes perfect sense.

• Like 2

Is the NGN fully funded from sprint's income or will it require more equity or debt issuance?

Not known yet.

Could current fcc sabotage potential future sprint TMO merger?

What if fcc said: "if you win reserved 600 spectrum, you can't merge with other reserve winner for 5 years"?

The merger/network sharing should have happened before both of them laid out beaucoup bucks for network expansion/modernization and incurring all the debt. Now it's too late.

Edited by bigsnake49

The merger/network sharing should have happened before both of them laid out beaucoup bucks for network expansion/modernization and incurring all the debt. Now it's too late.

I never heard once any proposal from softb for network sharing, probably because that would've cemented a 4 carrier regime and look how profitable 3-carrier co-opetition is for softbank.

With the Japanese domestic telecoms business generating stable cash flow, SoftBank’s main focus will be to create a portfolio of technology companies.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/aac64fde-f7aa-11e4-8bd5-00144feab7de.html#axzz3ZxPe3cQI

Son is betting he will be allowed to merge later so he'd rather upgrade sprint now, then pay for TMO including all the upgrades that TMO performed and hopefully wring savings out of that merger; I'll get the humble pie ready.

A spoonful of magenta helps the magenda go down! 

(Sorry AJ, magenda is too catchy. I have to get it out of my system :D )

Edited by cortney
  • Like 3