Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

come to the NE area of the country and 2.5 B41 I doubt will work…..

I can get B41 for about 1000ft radius —

some areas where Sprint has the towers to make it work AWESOME yes!

They can put as many cards as they want in b41... The link is so fragile it doesn't reach that far. I am speaking of my experience here in the northeast with trees and buildings etc.. If I have a clear line of sight its fine..

It might not be how many cards but rather how many more towers, small cells etc.

Sprint needs to get cash in order to build out

Maybe it's because of where you live but in both NYC and Boston, density is great and speeds are really good on Band 41, although they have decreased as time has gone on specifically because of high Spark adoption rates post-iPhone. The good news is though, Clear already built a super dense network of their own and now Sprint is putting 8T8R on their own sites which increases density even more so.

• Like 1

I do see Verizon getting faster and T-Mobile getting slower slightly on a national level. Verizon supposedly has this awful cell density from 850 CDMA yet they are faster over all on NetIndex.

That "awful 850 CDMA" density used to be true for Verizon. I don't think it is any longer.

At least, in Michigan they've gone on a huge spending spree. Verizon has split sites like crazy -- even where they don't need it. They have small cells all over the place now, even in suburban areas. They have slightly passed AT&T and T-Mobile and are now the most densely-spaced carrier in Grand Rapids metro.

- - -

I think this density issue holds true for many markets. Except for areas where AT&T or T-Mobile have weirdness or lacking in their spectrum holdings -- cell site density almost directly correlates to data speed/reliability/performance in most markets. (It's telling that the markets where Spark is working well so far are the markets that Sprint historically already had decent site density. And many of the markets where Spark isn't helping also happen to be markets of poor-to-terrible site density.).

In my opinion, fixing the density problem is far more important than deploying new 2600 LTE. Obviously both are helpful -- but If I had to pick just one -- I'd much rather see brand new cell sites in urban/suburban areas, than new 2600 LTE on existing ones.

verizon has been doing the same around here, every time i turn around a see crews adding verzion to a tower that never had verizon before. just from what i've observed i would say they have increased their tower density here by at least 1/3rd

Maybe it's because of where you live but in both NYC and Boston, density is great and speeds are really good on Band 41, although they have decreased as time has gone on specifically because of high Spark adoption rates post-iPhone. The good news is though, Clear already built a super dense network of their own and now Sprint is putting 8T8R on their own sites which increases density even more so.

Clear never built out here. (I am in springfield, mass)

Unless i am very close to a tower in clear line of sight i dont get the blazing speeds.. i can often have -105/-110 signal and be between 2/10 but i Spend most of my time on 25/26 from towers i know have 41.

Clearwire integration will help with density. That will pull Sprint's numbers up to 55,000 per analyst numbers. 

Now, in the St. Louis market, there's already USCC conversions. When that is done Sprint will have market leading density there. That's saying something because T-Mobile already has good cell density there. One example, I know, but it's worth noting. If Sprint can do that nationally, that's a big plus. 

• Like 2

Clearwire integration will help with density. That will pull Sprint's numbers up to 55,000 per analyst numbers.

Now, in the St. Louis market, there's already USCC conversions. When that is done Sprint will have market leading density there. That's saying something because T-Mobile already has good cell density there. One example, I know, but it's worth noting. If Sprint can do that nationally, that's a big plus.

If they could blanket Busch Stadium, Ed Jones Dome, and ScotTrade Center, Claure could probably defeat Mayor Slay in a general election.

If they could blanket Busch Stadium, Ed Jones Dome, and ScotTrade Center, Claure could probably defeat Mayor Slay in a general election.

Sprint still has some areas to shore up, though. I am hoping that some towers get put up and some USCC conversions happen close to me as part of Project Ocean.

In local news, I was at the regional basketball game here in town and AT&T finally has LTE in Chester in 2015, I take it they have finally integrated Alltel completely here. It would be nice to see all four carriers here be LTE in 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

see thats the age old riddle for Sprint - once they ______ <this time its 8T8R> they will be better.   Which makes sense - but I have been burnt by that logic.   At least where I live, travel etc... my area is fully optimized 800/1900 LTE and 3G and I still drop calls on my commute --- Where as the duoploy just works (in my use case)

see thats the age old riddle for Sprint - once they ______ <this time its 8T8R> they will be better. Which makes sense - but I have been burnt by that logic. At least where I live, travel etc... my area is fully optimized 800/1900 LTE and 3G and I still drop calls on my commute --- Where as the duoploy just works (in my use case)

8t8r won't do anything for dropped calls. If that is your issue and 800 has been deployed an optimized then the only solution would be another tower and who knows when/if that will happen. All carriers have areas where they drop calls even on major highway and in major metros sprint will be no exception.
  • Like 1

8t8r won't do anything for dropped calls. If that is your issue and 800 has been deployed an optimized then the only solution would be another tower and who knows when/if that will happen. All carriers have areas where they drop calls even on major highway and in major metros sprint will be no exception.

agree 110% -- I don't care about voice calls in the first place.  Data is king in my mind.  But if a carrier has deadspots esp near highway exits and on ramps this day in age I sort of blame the carrier.  Now if half of the carriers have no issues in that same spot then I blame the one that fails. 

Complain on Twitter, they will waive them.

I tried and failed.  I tweeted to SprintCare last night and they called me today.  Told her what I was looking to do and she said that those promotions (Waived $15 access fee and Double Data on 32GB+plans) have expired and that there was nothing they could do to switch me and save me money for 1 year.

I can see how a regular Sprint customer would just say adios and switch to another carrier who will pay their ETF's.  Sprint should empower their representatives to offer retention plans or perks to keep long-time customers on-board.  I am disappointed, just like my friends on Facebook who post complaints about Sprint's customer service, who then leave and boast about their new carrier and the superb customer service they receive.  It makes me sad to see Sprint not taking care of its customers.

I tried and failed.  I tweeted to SprintCare last night and they called me today.  Told her what I was looking to do and she said that those promotions (Waived $15 access fee and Double Data on 32GB+plans) have expired and that there was nothing they could do to switch me and save me money for 1 year.

I can see how a regular Sprint customer would just say adios and switch to another carrier who will pay their ETF's.  Sprint should empower their representatives to offer retention plans or perks to keep long-time customers on-board.  I am disappointed, just like my friends on Facebook who post complaints about Sprint's customer service, who then leave and boast about their new carrier and the superb customer service they receive.  It makes me sad to see Sprint not taking care of its customers.

They have loyalty programs for us...

http://www.sprint.com/landings/loyalty/loyaltypays.html

Now I don't consider those real great options, but then again in a way they don't have to offer us anything more than their service we pay for.

On that note, I do agree it would be nice to have some special perks for those loyal customers, aka (us) *cough cough*

• Like 2

They have loyalty programs for us...

http://www.sprint.com/landings/loyalty/loyaltypays.html

Now I don't consider those real great options, but then again in a way they don't have to offer us anything more than their service we pay for.

On that note, I do agree it would be nice to have some special perks for those loyal customers, aka (us) *cough cough*

I received something about that.  It seems they wanted to throw us a bone, then they took it away.  That loyalty program appears to have expired on 1/15.  I took the unlimited minutes, which really doesn't benefit us as we never used more than 100min across 6 lines.

I know they don't really owe us anything.  It would just give us the warm and fuzzies if they would say thank you with a 1 Year deal like that.  Especially when they were offering it to select customers in the past: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9010449/Photos/wwwphotos/Screenshot_2015-02-24-15-29-45.jpg

• Like 1

agree 110% -- I don't care about voice calls in the first place.  Data is king in my mind.  But if a carrier has deadspots esp near highway exits and on ramps this day in age I sort of blame the carrier.  Now if half of the carriers have no issues in that same spot then I blame the one that fails. 

Do you have any GMOs along your route? Those will continue to cause problems until they are converted to full builds or replaced.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/rockford-il

Even beat Verizon in the Speed Index. Power of B41 [emoji106]

Yep, James Garner approves...

rockford_files__120417170500.jpg

AJ

• Like 1

I'm guessing that people having such terrible signal on B41 is a result of poor/non optimizations yet. while there are only 3 towers with B41 installed around here, the signal from them has been excellent. I can get B41 in my house from a tower thats 4 miles away. I also picked up B41 in a nordtrom rack store from a tower that is also about 4 miles away. and i'm not talking -120+ signals just to say it connected, i was connected anywhere from -105 to -115 with speed tests of 15 to 30 meg down.

well I assume your geo location is more flat... 

my town has 7 optimized towers for 800/1900 LTE - and I'm mostly on 3g -- of those 3 are 2500 and no range at all!

If there are hills or mountains as an obstruction, it doesn't matter what frequency is being broadcast. It will be blocked. I've seen your posts time and again and I have to ask, why are you a Sprint subscriber? You have nothing positive to add.

• Like 3

Sprint up 30 cents this morning. Wonder what news was announced. Maybe they know about expansion plan.

It's a welcome turnaround for the stock. It seems like the street can only have one of either TMUS or S do well, where positive news for one is bad news for the other.

• Like 1