Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

It'd be nice for sprint to actually lead more instead of follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They over carry over data for ATT CYBIH customers

Oh ok. That makes sense I guess. I don't really care about data carryover, I just saw that and was wondering which plans have that.

Sprint really needs to modify their lower tier Family Share pack pricing. If you don't need 12GB or more of data, it's overpriced.

Not true. Devices on sprint are unlocked after three months whether unpaid or undercontract. On Att a device undercontract will not be unlock unless the contract is fulfilled, so it is easier to get a phone unlocked with installments. As far as resell it doesn't matter at all.

It does matter for resale. If a device being financed is removed from your account then the remaining payments are supposed to come due immediately.

It does matter for resale. If a device being financed is removed from your account then the remaining payments are supposed to come due immediately.

This is VERY important. Just go to Gazelle and see how much a Sprint iPhone6 is worth vs. a Verizon iPhone6.

This is also not true. I currently finance an iPhone and used an HTC. When I switch the phone online it always pops up with a warning that that will happen but it doesn't. I have confirmed with sprint that you can use whatever phone you want.

This is also not true. I currently finance an iPhone and used an HTC. When I switch the phone online it always pops up with a warning that that will happen but it doesn't. I have confirmed with sprint that you can use whatever phone you want.

The policy says it will. That doesn't mean it will actually happen in practice

The policy says it will. That doesn't mean it will actually happen in practice

In my experience as long as the phone number is active the lease/financing will continue. The second the line is canceled thats when they bill you the balance.
  • Like 4

In my experience as long as the phone number is active the lease/financing will continue. The second the line is canceled thats when they bill you the balance.

I know people that did transfers of liability with a financed device and the payments came up due immediately. Maybe the device being activated on another account is the trigger or just something in the billing system when a transfer is done.

I know people that did transfers of liability with a financed device and the payments came up due immediately. Maybe the device being activated on another account is the trigger or just something in the billing system when a transfer is done.

If the line is transfered then it is no longer active on the account. Which triggers it becoming due.
  • Like 1

Someone already post this?

Sprint network expands as it improves

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2015/02/18/sprint-lte-sprint-spark-network-expansion.html?page=all

The new 4G LTE markets include:

• Batavia, N.Y.
  • Columbia, Mo.
  • Coos Bay, Ore.
  • Flagstaff, Ariz.
  • Jasper, Ind.
  • Lima, Ohio
  • Maui, Hawaii
  • Norwalk, Ohio
  • Orange County, N.Y.
  • Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, Calif.
  • Port Townsend, Wash.
  • Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
  • Pueblo, Colo.
  • Salisbury, Md.
  • Santa Barbara-Santa Maria-Goleta, Calif.
  • Springfield, Ill.
  • Statesboro, Ga.
  • Talladega-Sylacauga, Ala.
  • Terre Haute, Ind.
  • The Big Island, Hawaii
  • Vail, Colo.
  • Warrensburg, Mo.
  • Washington, D.C.-Arlington-Alexandria, Va.
  • Wheeling, W.Va.

The new Sprint Spark markets include:

• Anderson, Ind.
  • Appleton, Wis.
  • Ashtabula, Ohio
  • Camden, N.J.
  • Champaign-Urbana, Ill.
  • Cleveland, Tenn.
  • Fort Collins-Loveland, Colo.
  • Grants Pass, Ore.
  • Greeley, Colo.
  • Manchester-Nashua, N.H.
  • Monroe, Mich.
  • Muncie, Ind.
  • New Haven-Milford, Conn.
  • Norfolk-Virginia Beach-Newport News, Va.
  • Peabody-Lawrence-Methuen, Mass.
  • Peoria, Ill.
  • Providence, R.I.
  • Raleigh-Cary, N.C.
  • Sandusky, Ohio
  • Shelby, N.C.
  • Spokane, Wash.
  • Springfield, Mass.
  • Springfield, Ill.
  • Zanesville, Ohio
  • Like 16

The new Sprint Spark markets include:

• Appleton, Wis.

YAY! It's official!  :)

Appleton has come soooo far! Now if they can finish the couple straggler towers, it'll be perfect. 

Someone already post this?

Sprint network expands as it improves

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2015/02/18/sprint-lte-sprint-spark-network-expansion.html?page=all

Official launch of these markets is tomorrow.

Interesting quote: "Saw said that in late February Sprint Spark network should be coming online in Atlanta, Boston, Las Vegas, Nashville, Portland, San Francisco, San Jose, and Washington, D.C."

• Like 4

I think I jinxed my post... a good chunk of Wisconsin has a total service blackout according to downdetector.com...

Going on 4 hours now of roaming!  :unsure:

Edit: A quick message to Sprint on Facebook actually helped... they didn't realize the tower here was having an issue... about 1/2 hour later... boom. Back up and running. And they even messaged me to even ask if I had service.

THAT is good customer service. Go Sprint!  :tu:

• Like 9

I think I jinxed my post... a good chunk of Wisconsin has a total service blackout according to downdetector.com...

Going on 4 hours now of roaming!  :unsure:

Not sure about that website..  All 4 major carriers have about the same outage reports over that last 24 hrs. 

Of course this is all John Legere cares about. He wants to be #3 so bad.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/19/8069193/john-legere-says-t-mobile-bigger-than-sprint

Well good for him and T-Mobile. They worked hard for it so I say let them have it. BUT since they are "Switching position" T-Mobile now falls out the underdog status so if you want to play with the big dog no more crying about things being unfair...put your money on the table. 

I never knew being number 3 was so important. It don't change much besides people won't feel sorry for you and your hardships your carrier is facing.

• Like 2

Of course this is all John Legere cares about. He wants to be #3 so bad.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/19/8069193/john-legere-says-t-mobile-bigger-than-sprint

Well good for him and T-Mobile. They worked hard for it so I say let them have it. BUT since they are "Switching position" T-Mobile now falls out the underdog status so if you want to play with the big dog no more crying about things being unfair...put your money on the table.

I never knew being number 3 was so important. It don't change much besides people won't feel sorry for you and your hardships your carrier is facing.

Funny. I thought Best Buy sells T-Mobile products. According to this ad, they don't count T-Mobile among the national carriers.

http://youtu.be/81Cwc9aTEvU

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 2

Funny. I thought Best Buy sells T-Mobile products. According to this ad, they don't count T-Mobile among the national carriers.

http://youtu.be/81Cwc9aTEvU

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

Is Best Buy significant anymore? Serious question. I can't sit here and think of anything else other than "Best Buy is in trouble." People rag on Sprint's financials right now, but I would say Best Buy is in a FAR deeper hole than Sprint at the current time.

• Like 1

Is Best Buy significant anymore? Serious question. I can't sit here and think of anything else other than "Best Buy is in trouble." People rag on Sprint's financials right now, but I would say Best Buy is in a FAR deeper hole than Sprint at the current time.

I was in Office Depot, buying a whiteboard, and seeing how empty it was I thought, "Man it sure would make sense for amazon to buy it".

• Like 1

I know it's just one example. However, I was in Sioux Falls last weekend and went into the first Best Buy Mobile store I've visited in person. It is decoupled from the local full service Best Buy store and in a separate location inside the Empire Mall. The place was packed. Much busier than my local Best Buy mobile department.

I'm sure this means absolutely nothing. However, I was surprised by its popularity.

• Like 1