Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Someone already post this?

Sprint network expands as it improves

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2015/02/18/sprint-lte-sprint-spark-network-expansion.html?page=all

The new 4G LTE markets include:

• Batavia, N.Y.
  • Columbia, Mo.
  • Coos Bay, Ore.
  • Flagstaff, Ariz.
  • Jasper, Ind.
  • Lima, Ohio
  • Maui, Hawaii
  • Norwalk, Ohio
  • Orange County, N.Y.
  • Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, Calif.
  • Port Townsend, Wash.
  • Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
  • Pueblo, Colo.
  • Salisbury, Md.
  • Santa Barbara-Santa Maria-Goleta, Calif.
  • Springfield, Ill.
  • Statesboro, Ga.
  • Talladega-Sylacauga, Ala.
  • Terre Haute, Ind.
  • The Big Island, Hawaii
  • Vail, Colo.
  • Warrensburg, Mo.
  • Washington, D.C.-Arlington-Alexandria, Va.
  • Wheeling, W.Va.

The new Sprint Spark markets include:

• Anderson, Ind.
  • Appleton, Wis.
  • Ashtabula, Ohio
  • Camden, N.J.
  • Champaign-Urbana, Ill.
  • Cleveland, Tenn.
  • Fort Collins-Loveland, Colo.
  • Grants Pass, Ore.
  • Greeley, Colo.
  • Manchester-Nashua, N.H.
  • Monroe, Mich.
  • Muncie, Ind.
  • New Haven-Milford, Conn.
  • Norfolk-Virginia Beach-Newport News, Va.
  • Peabody-Lawrence-Methuen, Mass.
  • Peoria, Ill.
  • Providence, R.I.
  • Raleigh-Cary, N.C.
  • Sandusky, Ohio
  • Shelby, N.C.
  • Spokane, Wash.
  • Springfield, Mass.
  • Springfield, Ill.
  • Zanesville, Ohio

It's 2pm EST and I still haven't seen any official announcement.  Nor do I see the indicated new spark markets marked yellow on Sprint's own coverage maps.  Hmm.  Maybe it will be a late day announcement?  

Also, with this already being late February (mid to late-ish), I have a hard time seeing Sprint having another, separate launch event for those much larger cities listed at the end of the article, including Atlanta and Nashville.  And, in my experience here in Atlanta, it isn't ready to be launched yet, anyway.  

I was in Office Depot, buying a whiteboard, and seeing how empty it was I thought, "Man it sure would make sense for amazon to buy it".

Staples announced a couple weeks ago it is buying Office Depot, pending government approval of course.

• Like 2

I know it's just one example. However, I was in Sioux Falls last weekend and went into the first Best Buy Mobile store I've visited in person. It is decoupled from the local full service Best Buy store and in a separate location inside the Empire Mall. The place was packed. Much busier than my local Best Buy mobile department.

I'm sure this means absolutely nothing. However, I was surprised by its popularity.

I worked at Best Buy Mobile during Holiday Season 2013 and it was always packed.  Of course, this is during Christmas time, but it was still pretty crowded even in January (and they were not coming in for returns.)  I prefer doing my upgrades at Best Buy.  They always have better prices and they don't try to use sleezy salesperson tactics to make sales (they're not commission based.)  Now, I'm not saying every place that's commission based is bad, but it's a lot better experience knowning that the person helping you is making their paycheck whether you buy the product or not.

• Like 1

Going back to this....

They over carry over data for ATT CYBIH customers

umm forgive my ignorance but what is ATT CYBIH

It seems that is the only place that carry over data is mentioned is in that article. I checked with Sprint and yes they do have carry over data on plans that are not unlimited. But it is tied to the original amount you had. 

so for instance, the way it was explained...

You are on a 10GB per month plan.

In Jan:

you used up 7GB thus having 3 GB unused/remaining that can be carried over.

In Feb:

you now have your regular 10GB +3GB for a total of 13GB to use. But you end up using 5GB, which now leaves you with 8GB carried over

In Mar: 

You have 10GB + the 8GB carried over for a total of 18GB to use. You only use 7GB that month. leaving you with 11GB not used.

You would think that you cn carry over that 11GB to the next month. Nope. Since your original data bucket is 10 you cannot carry over more than that same amount on to the next month, so instead of 11 you have 10GB + 10GB carry over to use the next month.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone.  :D

TS

Cover Your Butt, It's Hairy

AJ

• Like 10

Going back to this....

It seems that is the only place that carry over data is mentioned is in that article. I checked with Sprint and yes they do have carry over data on plans that are not unlimited. But it is tied to the original amount you had.

so for instance, the way it was explained...

You are on a 10GB per month plan.

In Jan:

you used up 7GB thus having 3 GB unused/remaining that can be carried over.

In Feb:

you now have your regular 10GB +3GB for a total of 13GB to use. But you end up using 5GB, which now leaves you with 8GB carried over

In Mar:

You have 10GB + the 8GB carried over for a total of 18GB to use. You only use 7GB that month. leaving you with 11GB not used.

You would think that you cn carry over that 11GB to the next month. Nope. Since your original data bucket is 10 you cannot carry over more than that same amount on to the next month, so instead of 11 you have 10GB + 10GB carry over to use the next month.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone. :D

TS

"Cut your bill in Half" so ATT customers porting over to sprint they will have their data carry over

Cover Your Butt, It's Hairy

AJ

Great, keyboard # 30 destroyed due to coffee spillage. lol

But not for current customers. Sprint TM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, not sure if that is true, still waiting for confirmation from Sprint. 

If true, then how would they mark you as an ex AT&T customer? Would it state it on your bill? 

TS

• Like 3

Of course this is all John Legere cares about. He wants to be #3 so bad.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/19/8069193/john-legere-says-t-mobile-bigger-than-sprint

I would love to a comparison of Credit quality of customers per Carriers.... Not much to brag about being number 3 if the majority of your subs are Garbage Deadbeats who don't pay their bills, that Sprint wanted to get rid of anyway... If those are the subs TMO is stealing to become number 3 then Sprint should gladly give them away, and proudly take the number 4 spot... Work on stealing the "Prime" subs from ATT and VZ, solidify a rock-solid network to also steal more Business/Corp Subs.

Remember Nextel in its heyday was 5th largest but had the best, most credit worthy customers.. And was seen as the American Express of Cell Phone carriers

• Like 1

I would love to a comparison of Credit quality of customers per Carriers.... Not much to brag about being number 3 if the majority of your subs are Garbage Deadbeats who don't pay their bills, that Sprint wanted to get rid of anyway... If those are the subs TMO is stealing to become number 3 then Sprint should gladly give them away, and proudly take the number 4 spot... Work on stealing the "Prime" subs from ATT and VZ, solidify a rock-solid network to also steal more Business/Corp Subs.

Remember Nextel in its heyday was 5th largest but had the best, most credit worthy customers.. And was seen as the American Express of Cell Phone carriers

Look at the bad debt stats for each carrier. It's part of their financial reporting.

Braxton Carter was saying on the conference call how T-Mobile reduced bad debt expenses pretty significantly. I can't quote the numbers off hand but I'll just add T-Mobile has tighter initial credit requirements that required them to add Score and Smartphone Equality. Otherwise they'd start cutting off their own base that's already there.

• Like 1

Can finally share data allotment with hot spots!

That's definitely a welcome addition.

$90 for 12GB up to 10 lines with waived access fee until March 2016.

I believe the waived access fee is only for people porting their number from another carrier, but it's reduced from $25 to $15 for current customers.

Can finally share data allotment with hot spots!

That's definitely a welcome addition.

The Family Share Packs have always had hotspot.

Are you sure the two of you talking about the same thing?  Hotspot tethering vs dedicated mobile broadband device.

AJ

Are you sure the two of you talking about the same thing? Hotspot tethering vs dedicated mobile broadband device.

AJ

I was thinking the same thing.

Let me try to clarify for them:

1) if you have family share pack you CAN use the hotspot feature on the smartphone free of charge it just comes out of the data bucket.

2) if you activate a mobile broadband device you can add it without service charge and use data out of your bucket.

The service charge is waived until 3/16. Afterwards its $20 monthly...

Hope this helps.. And yes existing customer qualify for #2 it just needs to be a new number/line of service.

• Like 4

... 2) if you activate a mobile broadband device you can add it without service charge and use data out of your bucket.

The service charge is waived until 3/16. Afterwards its $20 monthly...

Hope this helps.. And yes existing customer qualify for #2 it just needs to be a new number/line of service.

If I switch from ED Family 1500 to the new Family Share 32GB, will Sprint waive the $15/month for my 6 devices currently shared if I add a tablet or mobile broadband device?