Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

And they have coverage in a lot more places because of lowband spectrum.

It's not just their low band spectrum. They also added more sites since their EVDO/HSPA network runs off of PCS.

It's not just their low band spectrum. They also added more sites since their EVDO/HSPA network runs off of PCS.

If it's a matter of adding sites to get customers, then there's no excuse.

Speaking of Viaro, Robert stated that their rural network is excellent even in places where they don't have 850mhz.

If it's a matter of adding sites to get customers, then there's no excuse.

Speaking of Viaro, Robert stated that their rural network is excellent even in places where they don't have 850mhz.

Hence my point.

Tmo junkies defend poor ex-urban coverage by claiming no low band spectrum, but stop short of asking for more sites to be built.

Momentum!

Sprint goes where no other carrier dares, says net neutrality good for consumers.

Rival ISPs’ legal teams will probably pull their hair out when they see what Sprint just did to their arguments against net neutrality. Speaking with Reuters, Sprint CTO Stephen Bye says that not only will the FCC’s net neutrality plan not affect his company’s network investment plans but he also goes so far as to say net neutrality is a positive for Sprint’s customers.

“It’s one of those topics that is highly charged, highly politicized and we took a step back and said it works in the interest of our customers, our consumers and the industry and we frankly found some of the arguments (of our competitors) to be less than compelling,” he tells Reuters, and he specifically singles out carriers’ high-pitched screams that they’d stop investing in network upgrades if the FCC reclassified them under Title II.

I like the new Sprint Swagger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 11

I see digi? What's his name is injecting himself into the tweet word war.

Say his name three times and he appears. :)

The member that we dare not speak their name retweeted a screenshot of a T-Mobile speedtest in New Orleans.

I doubt Legere will respond to either the poster or the retweeter..

TS

The member that we dare not speak their name retweeted a screenshot of a T-Mobile speedtest in New Orleans.

TS

Looks like a T-Mobile exec actually did respond asking for location and gave his email address.

Hate to say.. That's a better response than Sprint would give (update profile)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Looks like a T-Mobile exec actually did respond asking for location and gave his email address.

Hate to say.. That's a better response than Sprint would give (update profile)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mike Sievert responded. Good for him. Marcelo has also responded to individual complaints as well. Good for him too.
  • Like 1

Kind of off topic...

But I went to my local mall here (Fox River Mall) and noticed something missing as I was walking past stores... they took out the Sprint kiosk.  <_<

While granted, they had a Best Buy Mobile not even 250 feet from it... there were still people there, even on non busy times. So now leaves Best Buy Mobile, U.S. Cellular... and Verizon. And of course you could wander into Target as well.

My first and only happy thought to this was, if Sprint "happens" to purchase US Cellular... they'll get a nice kiosk. ;)  

I am kinda bummed they took it out... it was in a good location. 

Kind of off topic...

But I went to my local mall here (Fox River Mall) and noticed something missing as I was walking past stores... they took out the Sprint kiosk. <_<

While granted, they had a Best Buy Mobile not even 250 feet from it... there were still people there, even on non busy times. So now leaves Best Buy Mobile, U.S. Cellular... and Verizon. And of course you could wander into Target as well.

My first and only happy thought to this was, if Sprint "happens" to purchase US Cellular... they'll get a nice kiosk. ;)

I doubt the Carlsons want to sell... It's been addressed before but the fact they were active in AWS-3 indicates a carrier in it for the long haul. In a way Wisconsin is oversaturated as a market with USCC there.

Kind of off topic...

But I went to my local mall here (Fox River Mall) and noticed something missing as I was walking past stores... they took out the Sprint kiosk. <_<

Is there a radio shack nearby that might be converted?

• Like 2

TS

Legere seems to be in a speed competition with himself, to me coverage and reliability is more important and Sprint is delivering on both of those fronts in my market.

Is this what T-Mobile customers can expect in a couple of years when their metro-LTE network is saturated?   :P

I lived in an AT&T 1900 market for a long time. In the more populated areas of Southern Illinois, AT&T worked well. The surrounding rural areas? Not so much. It isn't an issue now with ATNI spectrum in tow. AT&T has a higher band grid and lots of low band here now. It will be interesting to see what the final network product is like on their end here.

There ends tonight's presentation of "Anecdotal Theater."

I can picture you in your dark red tufted leather wingback chair, a roaring fire beside while adorning your finest smoking jacket and a pipe in your hand while looking down at us through your spectacles while you say that aloud.

• Like 9

I can picture you in your dark red tufted leather wingback chair, a roaring fire beside while adorning your finest smoking jacket and a pipe in your hand while looking down at us through your spectacles while you say that aloud.

More like grey cardigan and burgandy tufted couch. Can't remember the last time I smoked. Thank heaven.

• Like 4

I prefer "Tales of Ribaldry."

https://screen.yahoo.com/tales-ribaldry-lusty-woodsman-000000120.html

AJ

I doubt the Carlsons want to sell... It's been addressed before but the fact they were active in AWS-3 indicates a carrier in it for the long haul. In a way Wisconsin is oversaturated as a market with USCC there.

I know... but hey, one can dream!

Is there a radio shack nearby that might be converted?

Actually, there will be one out of 3 locally that will be converted. However, I doubt that's the reason because the corporate store and one other Sprint store is actually about a mile from the mall. The one that will be converted is at least 4 miles away from the mall kiosk that they took down.

Unless they're going to one up Verizon and US Cellular and buy one of the four vacant store fronts in the mall!  :D

Again... one can dream.  ;)

• Like 1