Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Oligolpoly is an efficient outcome in any industry with return to scale and this is certainly true of wireless. The question is can government figure out the right number of players or is the market better able to do that? In Japan the government has the players it wants and I think that accounts for the large profits the players get.

Did you read the reuters link I posted? Japan regulators says it's an oligopoly.

Did you read the reuters link I posted? Japan regulators says it's an oligopoly.

Yeah but they designed it that way (or at least past regulators). Japan's governentbis heavly involved in every major industry including wireless and is very anti consumer or at least has been.

Any merger is dead until 2017. If a GOP admin comes in though, any consolation would end back up on the table. Just my $.02.

That may be too late.

New fcc won't get seated till mid 2017?

Merger proposal submitted mid second half.

180 days of review.

Vzw and att will be hemmorahhing customers to sprint's 2.5ghz and TMO's low prices.

Dish directv merger was rejected in 2000s by republican fcc.

United PCS™ "America's Newest Network" 

I Like.

Marcelo is a futbol guy -- it would probably be PCS United, keeping with tradition. :)

I really Like. but knowing the Legere crowd, they will turn it to POS United. 

As for the colors, just make it multi colored. Blue, red, yellow, green like Google. Which leads me to this...

Any merger is dead until 2017. If a GOP admin comes in though, any consolation would end back up on the table. Just my $.02.

Maybe, but regardless of who is admin, 2017 sounds about right. By then Sprint would be in a better position and Softbank will either be co-partner or sell Sprint outright to Google. 

• Like 1

TMO is not for me either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

600kbps is faster than what I get on TMO when I leave city limits.

I have to keep a TMO hotspot as a backup data connection. Sprint's 3G speed inside city limit is down to 0 during peak hours

"If" -- I'm not looking to introduce politics into a wireless forum -- but you have to keep dumping CapEx into the buildout because "if" may never materialize. I think Marcelo/Son are doing a great job accelerating network quality, and the customers will return when the network has more wins than losses.

Now, who do we need to talk with about a tower in Chester? ;)

"If" -- I'm not looking to introduce politics into a wireless forum -- but you have to keep dumping CapEx into the buildout because "if" may never materialize. I think Marcelo/Son are doing a great job accelerating network quality, and the customers will return when the network has more wins than losses.

Now, who do we need to talk with about a tower in Chester? ;)

SBA, K2, or American Tower once the tower VZ owns here gets officially assigned - I'm guessing it's part of the great fire sale of VZ towers.

That's because there's an imbalance in the low band spectrum allocation. Once TMO and sprint have nationwide 5x5, att vzw arpu will come down.

In japan spectrum is not auctioned off it's awarded based on national interest.

TMO will not have a nationwide 5x5 network. For them, that is impossible. For Sprint that may be finished by next year.

I really Like. but knowing the Legere crowd, they will turn it to POS United. 

As for the colors, just make it multi colored. Blue, red, yellow, green... 

The United Colors of Benetton.  And that would pretty much fit the Legere/Magentan hipster demographic.

AJ

• Like 1

That's because there's an imbalance in the low band spectrum allocation. Once TMO and sprint have nationwide 5x5, att vzw arpu will come down.

In japan spectrum is not auctioned off it's awarded based on national interest.

Not really. Having low-band spectrum will not offset the millions upon millions needed to build a truly dense network.

Customers are on ATT and Verizon because their networks work, and work almost consistently. They have coverage in a lot more places than Tmo and Sprint.

• Like 2

Not really. Having low-band spectrum will not offset the millions upon millions needed to build a truly dense network.

Customers are on ATT and Verizon because their networks work, and work almost consistently. They have coverage in a lot more places than Tmo and Sprint.

And they have coverage in a lot more places because of lowband spectrum.

They'll probably have to strike a deal with usc and cspire but not impossible.

Hence my point. I should have been clearer. They will not be able to manage their own network.

What you reference would be the same (in essence) program Sprint is doing through the CCA and RRPP programs. 

Always nice to see a TMO person use a Sprint program which was bashed by all of the TMO fan base...

And they have coverage in a lot more places because of lowband spectrum.

They also have a lot more towers. Last I looked they had 60,000 plus each. You don't have to have low band spectrum to build a great network you just needed greater cell site density and lower operating margins. A perfect example is phoenix, Att only has 1900 for voice and hspa+ and yet their network performs at the same level as VZW in reliablity according to root.

• Like 1

He's playing up TMO's strength. Their blocked calls INCREASED over 6 months. I wonder if that's cause of volte? Data usage on Hspa should be decreasing leaving more room for wcdma boice

Probably. I know my friend in Chicago he has T-Mobile and has volte and when we talk on the phone his phone drops the call a few times. I had to tell him to cut off his lte for calls cause it's not too reliable yet.

Probably. I know my friend in Chicago he has T-Mobile and has volte and when we talk on the phone his phone drops the call a few times. I had to tell him to cut off his lte for calls cause it's not too reliable yet.

I guess eSRVCC isn't working out.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/t-mobile-launches-volte-seattle-promises-more-markets-year/2014-05-22

I agree. Either they should have tested it out a little more before deployment to work out any kinks or since it's already deployed they should focus a little more on it to get the drop rate down. In my friends case, he had a interview and the call dropped. I'm sure they will work it out.

Man...it is hard to read that Fabian Cortez dudes comments on FW....Sprint must have given it to him without the lube...as much hate as that dude spews....He needs to quit riding the magenta ePeen.....jeez...

• Like 2