Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Personally I'm glad Sprint decided to end their sponsorship with NASCAR, I live 5 minutes from Bristol Motor Speedway and I think racing is boring.  Stock car racing isn't what it use to be during the era of Earnhardt Sr, there are two weeks out of the year that I absolutely hate living in Bristol and that is when the race is here during the Spring and late Summer.  

The only event that I am looking forward to is September 10, 2016 for the "Battle at Bristol," which is when the racetrack will transform into a football stadium hosting the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Tennessee Volunteers, and there isn't a better place to do it than Bristol since the city sits right on the Virginia/Tennessee state line.   

We got one too. My father was quick to throw it in the trash. He said "they take over $200 month from me and all I get was this lousy card" Haha he has no clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine yesterday...a few weeks after I got a FedEx package from him telling me about the wonderful loyalty service credit so I could lease a GS5 for only $5/mth. 

I tossed both in the trash and wondered how much those both cost to send to the everyone (especially the FedEx).

I've not given up hope even though a rep at the local Sprint corporate store suggested I go to TMO when inquiring if a swap to the M8 would help my coverage.

Talk to Sensorly about it.  That is not my understanding of how Sensorly functions.  Otherwise, tracks mapped a year or two ago in rural areas, for example, would simply disappear -- because no other Sensorly users have traced those same paths within the allotted time frames.

Solution to that is simple, a sliding fixed window. Average out the last 90, 180 or more days from the last submission date. Urban will be more accurate than rural, but that's okay because rural areas don't change frequently.

Personally I'm glad Sprint decided to end their sponsorship with NASCAR, I live 5 minutes from Bristol Motor Speedway and I think racing is boring. Stock car racing isn't what it use to be during the era of Earnhardt Sr, there are two weeks out of the year that I absolutely hate living in Bristol and that is when the race is here during the Spring and late Summer.

The only event that I am looking forward to is September 10, 2016 for the "Battle at Bristol," which is when the racetrack will transform into a football stadium hosting the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Tennessee Volunteers, and there isn't a better place to do it than Bristol since the city sits right on the Virginia/Tennessee state line.

I'm bored! You're boring me Zoidberg!
  • Like 1

Solution to that is simple, a sliding fixed window. Average out the last 90, 180 or more days from the last submission date. Urban will be more accurate than rural, but that's okay because rural areas don't change frequently.

That is not the purview of anyone here.  So, again, talk to Sensorly about it.

AJ

• Like 1

In other Sprint news...

"Local Somalis feel threatened by Sprint ads featuring weapons..."

If your going to live in the United States learn to speak English...problem solved.

hmmm not to sure if I can agree or not, still the TV commercials are fine, but seeing that printed advertisement, I am not so sure. I would have used just a guy (or girl) cut their bill in hand by tearing it apart, but using those weapons may be concern even for some that speak and write fluent English.

I just hope there isn't an incident where one crazy SOB goes to a Sprint store with one of those items.

TS

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/sprint-perspectives/sprint-meets-its-2014-network-milestones-sets-its-sights-on-the-year-ahead.htm

They met their goal, as expected. 16 new spark markets also announced, including Charlotte and Indianapolis.

YESSSSSS.

About damn time. We've had enough 88rs up to launch the market for months now.

• Like 1

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/sprint-perspectives/sprint-meets-its-2014-network-milestones-sets-its-sights-on-the-year-ahead.htm

They met their goal, as expected. 16 new spark markets also announced, including Charlotte and Indianapolis.

• Like 1

hmmm not to sure if I can agree or not, still the TV commercials are fine, but seeing that printed advertisement, I am not so sure. I would have used just a guy (or girl) cut their bill in hand by tearing it apart, but using those weapons may be concern even for some that speak and write fluent English.

People thought that previous Sprint marketing sucked, while T-Mobile marketing captured public attention.  This Sprint marketing captures public attention.  So, which is it going to be?  Bland or bold?  Cannot have it both ways.  Or can Sprint do no right?

As for immigrants and foreign languages, I thought the United States was supposed to be a melting pot, not a fruitcake embedded with little isolated pockets of candies and nuts.

;)

AJ

• Like 8

People thought that previous Sprint marketing sucked, while T-Mobile marketing captured public attention. This Sprint marketing captures public attention. So, which is it going to be? Bland or bold? Cannot have it both ways. Or can Sprint do no right?

As for immigrants and foreign languages, I thought the United States was supposed to be a melting pot, not a fruitcake embedded with little isolated pockets of candies and nuts.

;)

AJ

I'd be happy if they hired Carly - she'd look great in yellow.

• Like 5

Nice read. What are the 16 new markets? Surprised the press release didn't list them.

I am glad sprint kept to their word when it comes to the network. I'm sure in 2015 sprint is really going to kick things into high gear with the network since they don't have to worry about the whole merger thing.

• Like 4

John Saw said we would have 100Mbps speeds by year end...which didn't happen. But who cares really? Data experience is far more important, and that is achieved with 6Mbps and up, consistently. I saw improvements in Baltimore, but still ALOT of work ahead.

John Saw said we would have 100Mbps speeds by year end...which didn't happen. But who cares really? Data experience is far more important, and that is achieved with 6Mbps and up, consistently. I saw improvements in Baltimore, but still ALOT of work ahead.

December 31st at 11:59PM, Carrier Aggregation is activated!

All jokes aside, they're probably opting to skip two carrier aggregation and just go straight for three. That'll set them apart from the pack.

• Like 5

December 31st at 11:59PM, Carrier Aggregation is activated!

All jokes aside, they're probably opting to skip two carrier aggregation and just go straight for three. That'll set them apart from the pack.

Going straight for three carrier aggregation would be an insanely smart move as it really would put a distance between them and the others in terms of overall network performance. The only issue with doing three carrier aggregation is the fact that many devices in the pipeline with LTE-A integrated into design will only do two carrier aggregation, as we seen with the Galaxy Note Edge - this would mean a lot of devices would not be up to date with the network.

I think by 2015's end we'll have either devices with three carrier aggregation support or 4x4 MIMO.

Going straight for three carrier aggregation would be an insanely smart move as it really would put a distance between them and the others in terms of overall network performance. The only issue with doing three carrier aggregation is the fact that many devices in the pipeline with LTE-A integrated into design will only do two carrier aggregation, as we seen with the Galaxy Note Edge - this would mean a lot of devices would not be up to date with the network.

I think by 2015's end we'll have either devices with three carrier aggregation support or 4x4 MIMO.

But they can still benefit from 3 chunks of 20 MHz, no? If one is too congested it'll plop you on a second or third carrier that isn't and give you speeds you want and or need. That is how it works with the second PCS carrier in Chicago right?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 1

But they can still benefit from 3 chunks of 20 MHz, no? If one is too congested it'll plop you on a second or third carrier that isn't and give you speeds you want and or need. That is how it works with the second PCS carrier in Chicago right?

Yes that's how that works in Chicago and that's how it would work here, thing is people would then complain "Oh I just got this phone to support Sprint's new network and now it's outdated again and I gotta buy another one". Of course not a lot of people would be saying this, but there would be an annoyed handful.

Yes that's how that works in Chicago and that's how it would work here, thing is people would then complain "Oh I just got this phone to support Sprint's new network and now it's outdated again and I gotta buy another one". Of course not a lot of people would be saying this, but there would be an annoyed handful.

Well... You also have to think that if you have the population spread out across 3 carriers, imagine how less strain will be on it. People will probably average speeds in the 50+ range and not even care that they don't have CA. I know I won't care at all lol and wouldn't get a new phone because of it. There are always updates and network enhancements that require new devices. It's just a part of the age that we live in. Hell, my "old MacBook Pro early 2011," can't even do continuity because the Bluetooth card does not support it. Part of new technologies, and I'm totally fine with that. Not about to go buy a new one lol

• Like 1

Well... You also have to think that if you have the population spread out across 3 carriers, imagine how less strain will be on it. People will probably average speeds in the 50+ range and not even care that they don't have CA. I know I won't care at all lol and wouldn't get a new phone because of it. There are always updates and network enhancements that require new devices. It's just a part of the age that we live in. Hell, my "old MacBook Pro early 2011," can't even do continuity because the Bluetooth card does not support it. Part of new technologies, and I'm totally fine with that. Not about to go buy a new one lol

Very true, and I feel the same. I own a Dell so I just upgrade whatever part I need to experience the latest and greatest ;) I need a new router though lol.

All I know is I'm fine with Sprint's band 41 rollout, just hoping my iPhone 6 gets VoLTE. At least my phone supports all the bands of the network cough cough AT&T cough. ;)

• Like 1

"Oh I just got this phone to support Sprint's new network and now it's outdated again and I gotta buy another one"

"May I interest you in a leased phone? You'll always have the latest technology that works on our bleeding-edge network, all for a low monthly cost."

• Like 1

Actually, there was an article the other day that said you can have Continuity with a Bluetooth 4.0 USB device and install a piece of software. As soon as I find it I'll email you the link.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk