Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Yep same here. I do find that in my apartment, my phone will cycle between B41 and B25, and rarely jump on B26, even in the elevator. Almost as if the power levels have it set to be just as much as B25.

What annoys me is that in my laundry room, my phone idles on 3G because someone there has an Airave and my phone idles on it.

That is annoying, at least its probably quick 3G since its unburdened.

Yep same here. I do find that in my apartment, my phone will cycle between B41 and B25, and rarely jump on B26, even in the elevator. Almost as if the power levels have it set to be just as much as B25.

What annoys me is that in my laundry room, my phone idles on 3G because someone there has an Airave and my phone idles on it.

I sit on b41 at home and it will occasionally go on b26 or b25 but they both have about the same reach, tells me b26 isn't cranked up to 100% yet.

Sent from my SM-N910P

I sit on b41 at home and it will occasionally go on b26 or b25 but they both have about the same reach, tells me b26 isn't cranked up to 100% yet.

Sent from my SM-N910P

I find that B26 is between 10-15dBm stronger than B25 and about 3-5dBm weaker than 3G. 

Sent from my SM-N910P

B26 will never be cranked to full strength since it is on pretty much every site for capacity.

B26 will never be cranked to full strength since it is on pretty much every site for capacity.

Maybe that is the case in your neck of the woods.

Not here, B26 works in places B25 never worked, like the hallway of my apt complex, or the elevator. 

At the very beginning of the B26 deployment  it seemed about on par with B25, but that is no longer the case here in NYC. 

The difference now is that B25 seems to be the last band the phone falls back to, which in essence renders it invisible for the most part where I am.

Also, my phone is on B41 about 95% of the time, speeds have dipped big time from the usual 30-50mbs, to a more leisurely but still respectful 10-20mbs..

B25 has finally become a heck of a lot more usable, and considering there still a good amount of single band devices in circulation, this configuration makes sense.

• Like 1

They need to do something, there are a lot of places LTE doesn't reach and 3G is basically unusable.

Sent from my SM-N910P

• Like 5

They need to do something, there are a lot of places LTE doesn't reach and 3G is basically unusable.

Same story here since moving from suburbs of Chicago to North Carolina.  I love the potential Sprint has, so I would rather not leave for another carrier.  I don't know what the spectrum situation is in my neck of the woods, but a 2nd B25 carrier would be very useful here.

Same story here since moving from suburbs of Chicago to North Carolina.  I love the potential Sprint has, so I would rather not leave for another carrier.  I don't know what the spectrum situation is in my neck of the woods, but a 2nd B25 carrier would be very useful here.

The following links will give you a good idea of the spectrum in your state and county:

http://specmap.sequence-omega.net

http://reboot.fcc.gov/spectrumdashboard/searchMap.seam

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 1

The following links will give you a good idea of the spectrum in your state and county:

http://specmap.sequence-omega.net

http://reboot.fcc.gov/spectrumdashboard/searchMap.seam

It looks like in the Hickory area, Sprint has only PCS Blocks A, D & G.  Thanks for the links!

It looks like in the Hickory area, Sprint has only PCS Blocks A, D & G.  Thanks for the links!

Hickory, eh?  Were you there when Jimmy Chitwood hit the state championship winning shot against South Bend Central?

AJ

BTW, the A block might have been disaggregated so you need to look to the FCC site and pay attention to the different call signs. Those are the actual allocations within the band!

Hickory, eh?  Were you there when Jimmy Chitwood hit the state championship winning shot against South Bend Central?

AJ

Nope, I wasn't even born yet LOL.  Different Hickory (North Carolona).

Used to have to use an Airave in the house just to hold a phone call, now I've got some freshly tuned Band 26 just cruising along B)

-Anthony

That's incredible, and a ray of hope for us un-optimized B26 area users. VoLTE is gonna be nice!

• Like 2

Maybe that is the case in your neck of the woods.

Not here, B26 works in places B25 never worked, like the hallway of my apt complex, or the elevator. 

At the very beginning of the B26 deployment  it seemed about on par with B25, but that is no longer the case here in NYC. 

The difference now is that B25 seems to be the last band the phone falls back to, which in essence renders it invisible for the most part where I am.

Also, my phone is on B41 about 95% of the time, speeds have dipped big time from the usual 30-50mbs, to a more leisurely but still respectful 10-20mbs..

B25 has finally become a heck of a lot more usable, and considering there still a good amount of single band devices in circulation, this configuration makes sense.

That's what I'm waiting for here in Queens.

• Like 1

I got an email today about an early upgrade offer with $50 service credit. It says the offer is good for two of my three lines (all are on framily), one which is still under contract until November and the other that just finished the contract in January. Fine print says $50 service credit applied within 2-3 invoices.

We'd like to offer you the opportunity to upgrade to a new phone with an added gift meant especially for our most loyal customers. 

Upgrade by 3/29/15 to a new iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S® 5, or Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Sport with Sprint Lease™ or Sprint Easy PaySM, and we'll give you a $50 service credit. It's just a little "thank you" from us to you that'll make getting your new device even better. 

Even if you're not currently eligible to upgrade, this special offer allows you to upgrade early. So what are you waiting for? Visit a Sprint store to take advantage of this limited-time offer to upgrade with a $50 service credit!

Hurry, because this offer is only valid until 3/29/15!

That's cool. My Aunt was just telling me last week that she got one of those hand written letters from Sprint. She said it was a good gesture but she wanted a service credit or something better than just a letter.

Is this only going to people on Framily plans? Some thing like this could make people move people move to device financing much  quicker than they'd be willing to.

Edit: Can you also take out the gibberish in the email such as:

<p> </p>

<div> </div>
<div>

It makes it that much harder to read.

I got that email too, 4 of my 9 lines were eligible for it. The only problem is the way the email reads its only good on the listed phones and none of the 4 lines eligible would want one of those phones.

I got that email too, 4 of my 9 lines were eligible for it. The only problem is the way the email reads its only good on the listed phones and none of the 4 lines eligible would want one of those phones.

I got it for 2 of my 3 lines, looked interesting until it listed the phones. If that's all that's offered, no deal!

my version of that email was $5/mo for those phones mentioned:

Upgrade today and get a new phone for as little as $5/month

We'd like to offer you the opportunity to upgrade to a new phone at a monthly rate meant especially for our most loyal customers.

Upgrade by 3/29/15 to a new 16GB iPhone 6, 16GB iPhone 6 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S® 5, or Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Sport, and we'll give you a monthly $15 Loyalty Service Credit that's like paying as little as $5/month with Sprint Lease™. That's a savings of up to $360/line over 2 years on qualified lines.

Even if you're not currently eligible to upgrade, this special offer allows you to upgrade early. So what are you waiting for? Visit a Sprint store to take advantage of this limited-time offer to upgrade early at a rate that's too great to pass up!

Hurry, because this offer is only valid until 3/29/15!

Sent from my Tapatalk 4.9.5 :-D