Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

With the merger madness going on, its time to take a little break and look what the Sprint 5G network could do. Over 735mpbs in Houston Texas just before the launch of the 5G network. I wonder if they could pull over 1gpbs with the current configuration.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, NYC126 said:

With the merger madness going on, its time to take a little break and look what the Sprint 5G network could do. Over 735mpbs in Houston Texas just before the launch of the 5G network. I wonder if they could pull over 1gpbs with the current configuration.

14 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Soon!

No upload speeds in either.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

No upload speeds in either.

This is the upload speed achieved during a 5G drive test in Overland Park...

Looks like initial 5G coverage is very very impressive...

• Like 4

I hope we get an update on official VoLTE support at some point soon.

Forgive me, but it seems a bit ridiculous that Sprint’s talking about launching 5G when VoLTE isn’t officially available nationwide or on popular phones like the S9/S9+/Note 9/Pixel 3 series, etc.

• Like 6

Forgive me, but it seems a bit ridiculous that Sprint’s talking about launching 5G when VoLTE isn’t officially available nationwide or on popular phones like the S9/S9+/Note 9/Pixel 3 series, etc.
People have said they have gotten it on the Pixel 3.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I hope pcmag bas great results in their testing. The upload...well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I hope pcmag bas great results in their testing. The upload...well...

Upload and coverage is why I support the Merger. TMO has the available BW for great uploads

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

What's also funny about this is that VoLTE is required to be enabled on the phone to use 5G.  (according to their website FAQ:  https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/5g.html?INTNAV=TopNav:Shop:5G#faq-09)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

This is the type of good press that I was expecting to see and I'm glad that Saw is setting the right expectations for their network.

Yes. Agreed. This speed test shows the stark difference between LTE and 5G: 

5 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Yes. Agreed. This speed test shows the stark difference between LTE and 5G: 

109 Mbps is basically LTE speeds which are not impressive for 5G.  This is the problem of having only 60mhz dedicated to 5G. I think Tmobile strategy of dedicating the 120mhz 2.5ghz spectrum to 5G now looks great.

109 Mbps is basically LTE speeds which are not impressive for 5G.  This is the problem of having only 60mhz dedicated to 5G. I think Tmobile strategy of dedicating the 120mhz 2.5ghz spectrum to 5G now looks great.
Sprint actually has been running 40mhz

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, NYC126 said:

The fact that its 30x faster than LTE in the same location says a hell of a lot! If i hit those speeds in low signal areas id be ultra happy!

• Like 2

The fact that its 30x faster than LTE in the same location says a hell of a lot! If i hit those speeds in low signal areas id be ultra happy!

That had to be edge of b41

• Like 1

• Like 2